Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icy81

Enquiry To Include Name To Hdb Flat

Hi

Currently, my boyfriend and his dad co-own a flat. In the event, if we are getting married in the future, can i include my name into the flat? i.e there will be 3 co-owners.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Look at the link again, there are 4 Taps

occupier is 1st tap.

there are Change Owners' Proportion Of Shares, Transfer Flat Ownership, etc

Best.. give HDB a call.

Just curious, does they agree on this. Or just your idea.

If both owners are agreeable to it, you would be able to include yourself as an owner too and that's provided if you are legally married to one of the co-owners, which in this case, is your boyfriend currently.

However, you will need to take note of the implications of including yourself as an owner for the flat. Say in the future, if ur hubby is the current payee for the flat and would like to exclude his ownership for the current flat to reapply for a new flat or buy another resale flat, his father who is a co-owner, would need to pay off whatever CPF proceeds that your hubby has paid for this current flat. Otherwise, he'll be stuck with the current ownership of the flat.

Please check directly with HDB because every individual case of inclusion as a co-owner is unique. U will need to either go down directly to the branch office with your boyfriend & his NRIC. Alternatively, if you are aware about the payment status, loan status e.g. whether loan is fully paid for or not, any reassessment of loan when ur name is included as co-owner, u could do a general enquiry over the phone.