Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
limsgp

Bad Sales Ethics From Gas Hob Manufacturer

Recently I bought a gas hob. Out of the box, the hob is defective. I requested for a 1-to-1 exchange but the sales person refused. Instead, a technician was sent to service the hob. After servicing, the hob is usable. However, I'm upset that a brand new item from such a "reputable brand" has to be "serviced" to be usable. Doesn't the company do any QC check? And the fact that the company refused to do a 1-to-1 exchange for a defective product "out of the box" certainty made me lost all confident in its products. We can understand that QC check may not be 100%, but the least the company can do in it's good name is to do a 1-to-1 exchange.

And the poor attitude from the sales persons(slamming down the phone when I insisted an exchange instead of repair) further convinced me that the company cannot be trusted for good products and services. I would certainty not buy another product from that company again, and warn my friends against such a brand.

Just wondering what is other's views of such sales ethics.. refusing 1-to-1 exchange for defective out-of-the-box products.

There is some background information..

First of all, I ordered a set with Safety Valve, but they send a set w/o safety valve but with "SV" (for safety valve) printed on the box and on the product itself.

Then, they send a replacement for the base instead of the whole set. And the replacement set has a burner that cannot sustain the fire (fire goes off when knob released).

I asked for 1-to-1 exchange but they refuse and instead send a serviceman to repair it. So he did some adjustments, bend some fixtures, REPLACED A COMPONENT, APPLIED MASKING TAPE etc.. to get the hob to be usable..

So now I'm stuck with a repaired "brand new" Hob..

Given that the company could be so negligent to have left out a safety valve on a safety valve model, and with a burner that doesn't burn properly out of the box, I have serious doubts about the safety and reliability of the gas hob that is running on piped gas..

So much for a "reputable" local brand....... a regrettable decision..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Recently I bought a gas hob. Out of the box, the hob is defective. I requested for a 1-to-1 exchange but the sales person refused. Instead, a technician was sent to service the hob. After servicing, the hob is usable. However, I'm upset that a brand new item from such a "reputable brand" has to be "serviced" to be usable. Doesn't the company do any QC check? And the fact that the company refused to do a 1-to-1 exchange for a defective product "out of the box" certainty made me lost all confident in its products. We can understand that QC check may not be 100%, but the least the company can do in it's good name is to do a 1-to-1 exchange.

And the poor attitude from the sales persons(slamming down the phone when I insisted an exchange instead of repair) further convinced me that the company cannot be trusted for good products and services. I would certainty not buy another product from that company again, and warn my friends against such a brand.

Just wondering what is other's views of such sales ethics.. refusing 1-to-1 exchange for defective out-of-the-box products.

First of all, I ordered a set with Safety Valve, but they send a set w/o safety valve but with "SV" (for safety valve) printed on the box and on the product itself.

Then, they send a replacement for the base instead of the whole set. And the replacement set has a burner that cannot sustain the fire (fire goes off when knob released).

I asked for 1-to-1 exchange but they refuse and instead send a serviceman to repair it. So he did some adjustments, bend some fixtures, REPLACED A COMPONENT, APPLIED MASKING TAPE etc.. to get the hob to be usable..

Given that the company could be so negligent to have left out a safety valve on a safety valve model, and with a burner that doesn't burn properly out of the box, I have serious doubts about the safety and reliability of the gas hob that is running on piped gas..

sorry to hear about your problem :(

can PM me which brand/outlet/sales person is that?

sorry to hear about your problem :(

can PM me which brand/outlet/sales person is that?

PM sent..

I emailed their company.. not sure if they will respond..

Oh no i've yet to buy mine.Care to share whereabouts and the brand of this hob pls? PM me pls pls

quote name='limsgp' date='Jan 18 2011, 06:20 PM' post='605150']