Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hafiizh

How Small Is 92sqm?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bcookie >> actually i was thinking the reverse - this arrangement is better for small groups as it feels more cosy and you get to talk more. In larger groups, the long arrangement works because we have the long bench (masquerading as a coffee table in the above picture) and single seats to face opposite the couches.

either way i have to decide and stick to it - can't be bothered to move it around. so high chance the couches will stay where they are and i'll create another gathering point in that open space.

blue >> hahah i love the sofas for the price. but i only wished I had got one or two more pieces to fill up the living room. As it is, I have to consider the colours. If I stick with the inline concept, the opposing seats would have to be small low seating (beanbags or ottomans). The pros of the inline is the whole length of the living is used and makes the space much much bigger. cons is like you said, weird if everyone just sits in a line.

widdlep >> hahah no prob man. there are other resources here where the owners helpfully list down the shops worth visiting. helps fill up those days when you don't know what to do.

bedroom photos are under approval by the wife. In the meantime, here's the budget kitchen island lights I finally got around to hanging up.

1000003826.JPG

1000003830.JPG

yup wife approved and everything. details on cost and assembly (not a very good guide though) are on my blog.

Next up - side tables and staging the bedroom.

Wah!!! Really beautiful lights! I agreed that once you are used to open kitchen, don't think will ever like closed kitchen again. Really so different.

Check in at the weekend. Hopefully I can do a reveal by then (hopefully) .....

Where are the updates??

Waiting... :sport-smiley-018:

May, ladyR >> we should petition mr khaw to have an opt in for open concept kitchens for HDB :)

LadyR, mabari >> yeah I'm so glad my wife loves the lights. I still want to do more though, doesn't feel like DIY unless there's drilling involved!

Adi >> aiyah sorry bro. My schedule got wrecked. My uncle was in an accident and got warded over the weekend. He's ok but I think my DIY is pushed back ah - really no time to do it over the rest of the weekends already. On the other hand, the time I got while waiting around really got some wild ideas in my head. I have huge plans for a one-of-a-kind tv console..... Just need to do another round of sub con corralling and coordination.

Potatoes >> it's just shy of $100. Ikea cord lights and king and king Wong accents. Details at theartistandthegeek.wordpress.com

Angel >> sure thing, I like building networks! :) pm you liao.

Stardust >> thks! I am lurking around your blog too hehehe

I suppose for days when you're entertaining big groups, you can put the sofas side by side. Normally, you might wish to stick to such configuration as I would reckon it's easier to clean. Unless you are entertaining smaller groups, especially with immediate family over, it's nice to have the couches like the way you placed in the picture. Very nice house and very bold to have 3 rooms knocked down to one. Any more pictures on your bedroom? I would like some ideas on how people configure their rooms after knocking down their walls.

Hafiizh, I think your kitchen looks really nice and I'm also a fan of open concept kitchens. Good choice on the white colour scheme! :good:

sng >> no harm done

abby >> yup but this 2 weeks are my exam weeks so have to be patient. prob would be doing most of the work on the vesak day holiday

emobebe >> hahaha or just convince your contractor then when your husband ask say eh, i dunno leh why he do like that :)

i know how much renotalk likes pictures so here are my newly installed blinds.

1000002233.JPG

I also had issues with the parquet. so i got them to resand and revarnish for me.

1000002238.JPG

1000002239.JPG

after enduring the dust and the smell, i happily walked in the room today after leaving it alone for 2 days. yet there are still rough spots on some sections of the parquet! so much for my house warming on the 1st. looks like after july would be a better bet. *sigh*

The blinds look great. Where did you get them again? What nice shiny parquet - good choice there. You can't beat the feel of teak. Laminated/engineered wood just isn't the same.

Hey bro, how do u input the comments into yr iPad? Via finger or some kind of stylus? Love yr style! Not copyright I hope! 

I'm staying opposite vista btw.