Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jim

Popping Of Homogenous Tiles

Hi, we are planning to lay new homogenous tiles for our living room. However, recents news reported that several HDB flats owners experienced that their homogenous tiles had popped. Reasons given: expansion/contraction due to temp changes.

Is it still safe in laying homogenous tiles for our living room? or we have to use something thicker e.g. marble ? Thanks in advance for your adivse.

Regards,

Jim

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, we are planning to lay new homogenous tiles for our living room. However, recents news reported that several HDB flats owners experienced that their homogenous tiles had popped. Reasons given: expansion/contraction due to temp changes.

Is it still safe in laying homogenous tiles for our living room? or we have to use something thicker e.g. marble ? Thanks in advance for your adivse.

Regards,

Jim

I think it's still safe to lay homogenous tiles. My previous Sengkang bto flat tiles popped before. When hdb came to redo the living room.. We saw a lot of empty gaps/holes on the cement flooring... I think they did not use enough cement while laying the tiles so resulted the popping. Hence, I think it's not the homogenous tiles issue rather is the workmanship and skill... Heng, hdb replaced it foc...