Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Hey ne0,

I'll just breathe through it. Regarding the marriage preparation stuff, we've got the venue, photographer, makeup artist and bridal studio - and everything was just as impulsively done haha! More of a relief than anything to get one thing of the list struck off, and we were trying to speed through it all so we could concentrate on the home reno. Somewhere along the line, we forgot that it's actually an ongoing process so we're currently still in the midst of getting everything prepared. Most of the major stuff is booked - we just need to finalise the details and make the final selections - we simply did not allocate any time for it because we conveniently and foolishly believed that everything would just fall in place once the booking is done!

Thank you for your offer of advice - will definitely need it. Currently, we've yet to see the designs of the dresses so we still have a little breathing room. Just need a find a band now (due to the silly Compass restrictions). The photoshoot is scheduled for July.

Thanks for the tips for the home decor places. Would definitely visit the ones you mention. For Ikea, we ended up buying all the silly misc. stuff like the packet sealing clips, all the candles that were on sale, throw rugs and the ubiquitous 17-pc tupperware for $4.90. None of the furniture we wanted was on sale so we simply didn't bother. There is already too much crap at my parents', esp the crazy sub!!

5546931582_74d2364a2f.jpg

5546349231_e23a9ffe4a.jpg

-Ely

Oh you are preparing the wedding... If you need another Photographer I got cheap and good Photographer for you. Photography used to be my hobby...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
pardon my noob...isetan private sale is open to all right??? still looking for 1 more set of quilt & bedsheet set...

Isetan private sale open on 1 day to card members and ticket holders only (tickets are attached to the newsletter sent out to card members informing them of the sale).

Sometimes they have tie up with HSBC.

Next IPS should be in May just before the Great Singapore Sale.

If u looking for bed set, might wanna consider the bedding and bedlinen sale happening this weekend at both Isetan Scotts and Isetan Nex.

http://www.isetan.com.sg/promotions :)

pardon my noob...isetan private sale is open to all right??? still looking for 1 more set of quilt & bedsheet set...

Strikingreality is right about the coupon admission tickets, but with the Isetan card, you get further discounts. For example, the WMF cutlery set that retails for $549 was going for $129, but we got an additional 10% at $116. Same for a lot of items like Sigg bottles, Novita and Panasonic appliances, save for the already heavily discounted packages like a Cavelli duvet sheet set (quilt cover + 2 pillow shams) at $299 or the quilt at $149.

-Ely

Oh you are preparing the wedding... If you need another Photographer I got cheap and good Photographer for you. Photography used to be my hobby...

Hey Martin,

Thanks for the recommendation - we actually have 3 photographers for the day itself and I think that's plenty! Two allocated by the photography studio and another by a friend who's a photojournalist. We're also having a photo gallery of our pre-wedding images mounted on easels at the reception as well as running a photo booth at the reception with instant printing, something like this:

2008.10.05-Renee-Aaron-Strauch-PhotoBoot

Exciting times! We're just hoping everyone has a good, interactive time.

We're doing away with the yum-sengs, best men and bridesmaids, gate-crashing etc. It's just not very 'us' - trying to keep it as simple as possible :)

Ely1, when is your wedding?

It's in December. Coincidentally, it's on my parents' wedding anniversary - their 39th to be exact :)

-Ely

It's in December. Coincidentally, it's on my parents' wedding anniversary - their 39th to be exact :)

-Ely

Mine is December too! but that was 6 years ago... 20th Dec 2005. :P

Newest eBay purchase: Fog-free mirror with clock and led lights, (perfect for shaving and removing makeup!), complete with razor stand! Am planning to mount it within the recess.

31Mlmr4qyaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

-Ely

-Ely

Oh you still have plenty of time then. No rush. The rush only comes 2 months before and by then your place would have been ready. :)

Does anyone know where I can find cowhide rugs like this?

p-print-01.jpg

I know Ikea sells them for $399, but was wondering if there's places here I'm unaware of that have them cheaper. Or else I'm back to mouse-clicking on eBay~

-Ely

Hey ne0,

I'll just breathe through it. Regarding the marriage preparation stuff, we've got the venue, photographer, makeup artist and bridal studio - and everything was just as impulsively done haha! More of a relief than anything to get one thing of the list struck off, and we were trying to speed through it all so we could concentrate on the home reno. Somewhere along the line, we forgot that it's actually an ongoing process so we're currently still in the midst of getting everything prepared. Most of the major stuff is booked - we just need to finalise the details and make the final selections - we simply did not allocate any time for it because we conveniently and foolishly believed that everything would just fall in place once the booking is done!

Thank you for your offer of advice - will definitely need it. Currently, we've yet to see the designs of the dresses so we still have a little breathing room. Just need a find a band now (due to the silly Compass restrictions). The photoshoot is scheduled for July.

Thanks for the recommendation - we actually have 3 photographers for the day itself and I think that's plenty! Two allocated by the photography studio and another by a friend who's a photojournalist. We're also having a photo gallery of our pre-wedding images mounted on easels at the reception as well as running a photo booth at the reception with instant printing

yea, things will be happening at break-neck speed i tell you but seemingly, thing will fall into place.

jus enjoy the big day when it comes.

ha! we cant be bothered by Compass. we just brought with us the original cds and left it beside the console jus in case anyone asked bout it.

we made sure our wedding coordinators and us sang the same story.

photojournalist! we love that kind of shots and that's why we chose our photographer cause we enjoyed his works so much!

SAME! we had a made shift DIY photo booth and it was pretty popular!

am pretty sure yr wedding would be a blast already!

Thanks for the tips for the home decor places. Would definitely visit the ones you mention. For Ikea, we ended up buying all the silly misc. stuff like the packet sealing clips, all the candles that were on sale, throw rugs and the ubiquitous 17-pc tupperware for $4.90. None of the furniture we wanted was on sale so we simply didn't bother. There is already too much crap at my parents', esp the crazy sub!!

am surprised you never go online to buy tupperware! hahaha

yea, things will be happening at break-neck speed i tell you but seemingly, thing will fall into place.

jus enjoy the big day when it comes.

ha! we cant be bothered by Compass. we just brought with us the original cds and left it beside the console jus in case anyone asked bout it.

we made sure our wedding coordinators and us sang the same story.

photojournalist! we love that kind of shots and that's why we chose our photographer cause we enjoyed his works so much!

SAME! we had a made shift DIY photo booth and it was pretty popular!

am pretty sure yr wedding would be a blast already!

am surprised you never go online to buy tupperware! hahaha

Ha! You tickle me, ne0. Online tupperware... /smack

Already got lecture from The Husband about buying crap online :/ Yet he didn't see me frown when he lugged that monstrous sub into my house! *humph* I'm now threatening that if we don't buy the Brawny Cat scratcher bed, the cat will use his sub as its scratch post - it's simply too conducive - floorstanding, cylinder, great material. Would most likely climb it too, and sit right on top. So there!

Looks like we've got lots in common - planning the reno and the wedding etc, and hearing that your photo booth was a blast is great reassurance. We're afraid that people might be too shy and we don't want to use cheesy props.

Anyway.

SANITARY WARE - WHEE! ONE MORE OFF THE LIST /pats on back

Got our bathroom sinks from Ideal Bathroom:

Master (Bravat & Ideal Standard - we couldn't do wall hung :( ):

mutsuo2282-img200x131-1260790985k2gchv84

ideal-standard-tonic1_4cd90d0a50193.jpg

Common Bathroom (both Bravat):

C22115XW(L).jpg

C2157W.jpg

Also got all our sink mixers and dry kitchen faucet, bidet sprays, pop up waste traps etc from Living Phenomenon. Yay!

While walking the stretch, we think we've found The kitchen island light as well as The Bedroom hanging chandelier and silver mesh pendant for the walk-in-wardrobe!! There were cheap 52" fans for $108 nett too. Would probably need to recce more places before we make the final purchase, but The Kitchen Island lamp is going to be hard to beat ;)

Now onto ventilator fans zzz

-Ely

Didn't take photo of the kitchen island lamp?? I am still thinking whether to change my lamp or not if I can find something nicer. :)

oh my u just stirred up my online shopping fetish! anyone used EZPZ before for bulk shipping? i really like the stuff from zgallerie

Edited by valerie_hh