Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Definitely more fun to joke around here :good::sport-smiley-004: At least i can put all the cute icons.... but difficult for me to type when using iphone. :bangwall:

So by this sat, will be clean and tidy? :dribble: but we have to wait until july to visit your place? :jawdrop:8|

But but but there's still stuff planned! Like my art hasn't arrived yet and um, my DIY stuff! Going to devote an entire day to get the whole networking thing to work, with the different systems and what not. :bangwall:

Bleh, found out we got a faulty compressor wtf >< Sadness. No aircon is making the plush like velvet cat sad. Sigh. Will have to wait to see how they rectify this. No movies on the HTS for a while :(

- Ely

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

But but but there's still stuff planned! Like my art hasn't arrived yet and um, my DIY stuff! Going to devote an entire day to get the whole networking thing to work, with the different systems and what not. :bangwall:

Bleh, found out we got a faulty compressor wtf >< Sadness. No aircon is making the plush like velvet cat sad. Sigh. Will have to wait to see how they rectify this. No movies on the HTS for a while :(

- Ely

Well if I can get a pickup then I may be able to come over and help you two with the network stuff. I will be with my 3yo but he likes cats and probably dogs although someone will need to keep an eye on him for his sake as he is not so experienced around animals but he has at least had some exposure.

RB

welcome back ely! i've missed chatting with you on here heaps, i've been busy with my dona doula certification course since yesterday and havent bothered to come on here. i didnt whatsapp you either cos it's always 3-4am when i think of you (late night booty calls?) :P feel better soon, good luck on moving in *hugs & squeezes*

Edited by sleek

Not so much joy as we chatted on Whatsapp - the dust and unpacking is intolerable. Cannot wait for the settling down period to be over and be finally SETTLED down. Well, at least the Lifestorey couch came today so there's something to lay on at last!

That's the last of painting. Only awaiting the replacement bar table from Hommage and a partition shelf which is due Saturday. Then small touches of DIY and DONE!

- Ely

there will be an end to the unpacking and dust, so hang in there~ :) it will be over soon! then you can enjoy your new home~ the feeling of being in your own home is priceless :thumbs up:

anyway, not too late to start using face mask now - better be late than never!

Definitely more fun to joke around here :good::sport-smiley-004: At least i can put all the cute icons.... but difficult for me to type when using iphone. :bangwall:

hahaha i like all the cute icons too. used to have some few hundreds emoticons for my MSN until i stopped using ~2 yrs ago :P

Oh it doesn't have to be at your place. You could video it for your hubby for when his HTS desire drops :good:. I am sure he would only distribute to a few people :bath:. :P .

Rb

For all you perves who keep asking for the Lux ad, here is the link. Hope you guys and gals enjoy it! :sport-smiley-004:

For all you perves who keep asking for the Lux ad, here is the link. Hope you guys and gals enjoy it! :sport-smiley-004:

Haha.

Did you take note of how many people had viewed before you posted that link ;).

Do you realise how many people you have now corrupted :D. Some poor impressionable youths will never be able to look the same way at a bar of soap again :o.

Nothing pervy about a young attractive woman fully clothed being a bit pouty and wriggly. Now if she shed said attire then that would be a different matter but then that would only be for you if you could get your head out of your subwoofer :D.

RB

Haha.

Did you take note of how many people had viewed before you posted that link ;).

Do you realise how many people you have now corrupted :D. Some poor impressionable youths will never be able to look the same way at a bar of soap again :o.

Nothing pervy about a young attractive woman fully clothed being a bit pouty and wriggly. Now if she shed said attire then that would be a different matter but then that would only be for you if you could get your head out of your subwoofer :D.

RB

He claims to be Singapore's hunkiest man alive. <cringe> Come on, a little morning humour doesn't kill anybody! :dancingqueen:

I really did not note how many people viewed that link, but I think it should be many (out of disgust to jeer of course), so damage wasn't done by me.

Haven't had that much time to spend with the sub. There are a number of issues in the house to resolve and my wife is not well. Last night was spent cleaning up the room so she could sleep better. Yeah if you can come over and help with the NAS, it would be fantastic this weekend. I would wiggle and pout for you, fully clothed of course. :dribble:

- Ely

you have excuses for not letting us see the place earlier.... ok lah, then no problem. Have to patiently wait then. :furious:

but but but but... can you please let me have a view first before anyone else? :dribble:

He claims to be Singapore's hunkiest man alive. <cringe> Come on, a little morning humour doesn't kill anybody! :dancingqueen:

Yep, it was taken as such :P.

I really did not note how many people viewed that link, but I think it should be many (out of disgust to jeer of course), so damage wasn't done by me.

Not so sure... if they were expecting to see your good, although not so good by her own admission it seems, lady wife the last thing they wanted is a hunky guy :D:o. It may have been enough to make them drop the spoon in their preschool frosties ;).

Haven't had that much time to spend with the sub. There are a number of issues in the house to resolve and my wife is not well. Last night was spent cleaning up the room so she could sleep better. Yeah if you can come over and help with the NAS, it would be fantastic this weekend. I would wiggle and pout for you, fully clothed of course. :dribble:

Haha. not required but a lift to your place would be good as we have no car. Will clear it with my boss but would have thought it would not have been a problem.

Yep I had eczema when I was younger and long haired dogs and grass pollen really brought it out. I also have a very acute bronchitis attack when I was in Switzerland for a couple of months for work. Couldn't breath due to the crap in my lungs that was so thick I couldn't cough it up. I quit smoking after that experience. Have a rough idea what Ely is going through and also understand her determination to not let it stop her interaction with animals. My wife is not a pet person but I am. We had a puppy for a little bit but my wife couldn't stand the cleaning up of the dirt box even though I was doing it. We were lucky enough to find him a good home with a close friend. No more pets for us which is sad as the kids would love them as well. Anyway, hope Ely recovers soon.

Let me know your WhatsApp number and I will add it in as I only have Elys ;).

RB

hey hey... where do i even start? took time to catch up all the previous where i stopped albeit skim through only.

so sorry to hear that bout yr reno woes. really hope all is well and rectified now. otherwise, it just doesnt seem to do justice that the house reno is so botched while you have some of the most fantastic buys for the house!

these two chinese words always sound more meaningful;

Ely, 加油! 加油!

Oh man, you had to spoil my morning. Just had my coffee ready for my morning computer ritual.

Now, if I could have some volunteers, I think this reenactment might be less psychologically damning.

- Ely

hey hey... where do i even start? took time to catch up all the previous where i stopped albeit skim through only.

so sorry to hear that bout yr reno woes. really hope all is well and rectified now. otherwise, it just doesnt seem to do justice that the house reno is so botched while you have some of the most fantastic buys for the house!

these two chinese words always sound more meaningful;

Ely, 加油! 加油!

Hey Ne0,

Been a while since you popped in. Glad to see you back! Thanks for your kind words, everyone's encouragement really helps. Still trudging through in, and have regained my "nice" self again. :) The painters aren't able to rectify the job, and they spent 6-7hrs scrapping off and plastering and repainting. I just have to live with it I guess, and not turn on too many lights haha!

The worst ones are by the switches which are most obvious as it's eye-level and naturally, a place people would look if they want to figure out which switch is for what!

The Hommage stuff will come on Saturday - huge delay with the China shipment but you win some and lose some. The Lifestorey couch is a little too large so we may have to move a segment into the common room, otherwise things are falling into place, sort of.

Replaced the kettle with a pretty chrome one, the common bathroom doors should be done this week (not the ID's responsibility - we managed to save a bit on the reno by using some of The Husband's contacts) as well as the laundry pulley system thingy.

Will try to complete the rest of the unpacking today. It seems such an insurmountable task and I'm so unmotivated and I don't know why. :(

The two babies are taking a longer time adjusting than I expected, and we're having trouble getting Maxey to use the Potty Patch. He loves his princess bed though, as well as the one outside :lol:! Such a cute sight.

- Ely

Oh man, you had to spoil my morning. Just had my coffee ready for my morning computer ritual.

Now, if I could have some volunteers, I think this reenactment might be less psychologically damning.

- Ely

No youtube at work so I think I am spared the assault by both of you :P.

The worst ones are by the switches which are most obvious as it's eye-level and naturally, a place people would look if they want to figure out which switch is for what!

If you can take a pic or two then I may be able to offer some suggestions but would need to see it first.

RB

welcome back ely! i've missed chatting with you on here heaps, i've been busy with my dona doula certification course since yesterday and havent bothered to come on here. i didnt whatsapp you either cos it's always 3-4am when i think of you (late night booty calls?) :P feel better soon, good luck on moving in *hugs & squeezes*

Not sure what to make of the 3-4am thoughts, but at least I'm in your thoughts! :) Most flattering, yet disturbing! :P

Good luck with your course, you'll ace it for sure.

Feel heaps better already with the meds and injections. Just still leprous :(

there will be an end to the unpacking and dust, so hang in there~ :) it will be over soon! then you can enjoy your new home~ the feeling of being in your own home is priceless :thumbs up:

anyway, not too late to start using face mask now - better be late than never!

Marshy, getting through one box at a time. The Husband was so sweet in cleaning up the bedroom last night so the wheezing is better. :) Haven't had the *full* experience of being in a home as yet, but it will come. Too many things cling-wrapped and boxed, empty fridge and no home cooked meals, no systematic organisation of things (still have to switch on 10 switches to find the right light, opening several cabinets to find a glass) to feel like a home.

Haha. not required but a lift to your place would be good as we have no car. Will clear it with my boss but would have thought it would not have been a problem.

Yep I had eczema when I was younger and long haired dogs and grass pollen really brought it out. I also have a very acute bronchitis attack when I was in Switzerland for a couple of months for work. Couldn't breath due to the crap in my lungs that was so thick I couldn't cough it up. I quit smoking after that experience. Have a rough idea what Ely is going through and also understand her determination to not let it stop her interaction with animals. My wife is not a pet person but I am. We had a puppy for a little bit but my wife couldn't stand the cleaning up of the dirt box even though I was doing it. We were lucky enough to find him a good home with a close friend. No more pets for us which is sad as the kids would love them as well. Anyway, hope Ely recovers soon.

RB

Yeah, I had pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma, eczema when I was young and it only resurfaced when I went to Australia (possibly the pollen), now I'm allergic to practically everything, including my own sweat and the sun! Dust and chemicals are probably the worst, and cats. ><

I'm great with Maxey (we used to share the pillow to sleep but not anymore on our expensive sheets!) - Chihuahuas actually have a reputation of even "curing" asthma, not sure how/why but I'm least allergic to him among the rest of the dogs. Dogs with furry muzzles (their saliva is a killer for me), or droolers (no bulldogs and Saint Bernards for me) are the worst but I keep it in check with my daily meds. Maxey sheds very little and both Maxey and Bondi enjoy grooming so it really, really helps. More baths than recommended help too. :)

I hope your kids have a good time with our pets - Bondi, being a cat, may be a little shy but he's okay with being stroked and touched once he's in a comfortable spot. Unlike many others, this one does not even use his claws or scratch, he has never hissed either. Very good temperament from one of the breeders I respect most wholeheartedly in Western Australia. He'll be most happy to interact with your kids if they use the irresistible Da Bird toy~

Too bad I left Carmen, the Amazon Parrot, with my mom (Mom has formed such a huge bond with her) or else you guys will be more entertained with her singing "American Pie". Her "intense" love for me has made her aggressive and dominant over me which resulted in many disastrous bites so we thought it best to have her at Mom's place.

I'm doing much better, thank you. Steroid jabs work the fastest and my wheezing is gone. Yay! At least I can operate like a normal human being today.

Thank you for your offer of helping with the stupid HTS and NAS. I'll try to go through the manuals and see what I can do or enlist your help when I get too irritated :P

donut-worry-we-iz-profesion.jpg

Thanks for everyone's well wishes. So immensely touched. :)

- Ely

I hope your kids have a good time with our pets - Bondi, being a cat, may be a little shy but he's okay with being stroked and touched once he's in a comfortable spot. Unlike many others, this one does not even use his claws or scratch, he has never hissed either. Very good temperament from one of the breeders I respect most wholeheartedly in Western Australia. He'll be most happy to interact with your kids if they use the irresistible Da Bird toy~

It will just be Ethan as Nat is in Auckland (the lucky devil) for a school exchange program. Ethan is very boisterous but I am sure would love playing with your pets. Just need to keep him from becoming too boisterous.

Thank you for your offer of helping with the stupid HTS and NAS. I'll try to go through the manuals and see what I can do or enlist your help when I get too irritated :P

Well you are pretty close and as my wife is at my MiL and so doesn't require my assistance. It would be no trouble and dare I say it, probably fun. I could expose you to 'The IT Crowd' TV series which I believe you will fully appreciate and maybe a few other UK shows you may not have come across before. Oh and I have a fair amount of Top Gear for your hubby too.

RB