Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Hmm, think I wanna spank you too! What cookie cutter-ish? If your place is considered cookie cutter-ish, then I think I won't dare to show my place when it's ready... 8|8|8|

Now that spanking is done, can I invite you over to be my wall decal consultant when my place is ready? :P

Oh my Duchess, I doubt your designer home will be less pic-worthy, so here's some 8|8|8|

from me to you! :P

Perhaps you should take a look at my decals first before entrusting me with such a task!

When my bro first came to my hse, he also lamented on the size of my 40" TV at the living room. He said my TV is too small for my big feature wall... I console myself by saying at least the few Ks I saved on the TV is still in the bank... In this world, it's the available balance in the bank account that matters... :sport-smiley-004:

BTW, how's your rashes and asthma? Better? Take care yah....

Much better, friends78 :) Thank you for asking, you're so sweet. :) Still have rashes so am trying to cover up as much I can because it's so embarrassing when people stare ><

Yeah, am trying to console ourselves by saying we'll upgrade in several years and retire the 40" Samsung to the common bedroom and swap the 46" to the bedroom if we get a 55" for the living room, with all the cognitive dissonance of waiting for 3D content and all that :P Haha! We'll see :)

Still have to be have vigilant with the steroid inhaler as wheezing quite a bit at night, but otherwise, it's all very tolerable. Am sleeping better, finally, so that definitely helps! Will schedule haircut and perm next week so won't feel so terrible about being sloppy with myself for the past weeks!

Ah spoken like true serial killer (Grahams quote, not you ;)).

Although surely normality is the desire of the conformists rather than the escapologists.

Just finished the first season of 'The Walking Dead'. ant wait for the second currently in production.

Up now after spending most the day rebuilding my NAS so all 20 drive bays will work and my workstation. Oh there were some challenges hence still up at 2am. Time for some zz.

RB

Oh RB, I have to admit I've been slack when it comes to the NAS - perhaps will tackle it in a while and transfer the files to the AC Ryan. I give myself a pat on the back for keeping up with cleaning the house DAILY (omgah you wouldn't believe the cat fur, and Maxey's toilet mistakes UGGGH). The cleaning seems endless, and tackling some drainage problem in the Master Bathroom, already used 4 bottles of those drain cleaner stuff - sigh, so have lots of "reasons" for my procrastination :P

- Ely

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sis Ely aka Shopping Queen .... after looking at the pics of your home... I got only 1 reaction :

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

very x 100 nicely done :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Thanks Kobelala! I definitely did not expect a jaw-dropping response! Will have Phase 2 pics in several weeks, as it's now 90% done :)

- Ely

Oh my Duchess, I doubt your designer home will be less pic-worthy, so here's some 8|8|8|

from me to you! :P

Perhaps you should take a look at my decals first before entrusting me with such a task!

My dear, I'm a firm believer that designer furnitures do not make a nice home... more important is how it all goes together and the furnishings and decor that gives it a final touch... e.g. a Tiffanys necklace would not be the same without the turquoise box n ribbon right? :P

Ok, am waiting for your invite to go over and get more ideas on how to decorate my place! :D

Anyway, I'm afraid it'll be many more months before I'll feel that my house is complete... I've no art pieces, paintings, & not even photo frames to decorate the place... it's literally just the reno and the main furnitures for now. But I am looking forward to this "2nd phase" cos that means more shopping! Hee, my poor SO.

Much better, friends78 :) Thank you for asking, you're so sweet. :) Still have rashes so am trying to cover up as much I can because it's so embarrassing when people stare ><

I know that feeling as people tend to stare at me sometimes but it is not because of rashes. Mainly the old Chinese uncles and aunties but some not so old too. Sure they staring at your rashes and not your petite butt :P.

Yeah, am trying to console ourselves by saying we'll upgrade in several years and retire the 40" Samsung to the common bedroom and swap the 46" to the bedroom if we get a 55" for the living room, with all the cognitive dissonance of waiting for 3D content and all that :P Haha! We'll see :)

Yep same plan as us. As our downstairs TV is only 1080i the amp defaults to that for the HDMI connections so the media player downscales to 1080i even though the projector can handle 1080p. A new 1080p TV for the living room will resolve the issue and the 42" can go to the bedroom with the 37" bedroom one (free from Starhub 4 years ago for signing up for HD with them.... oh where have those offers gone) will go to my sons room.

Oh RB, I have to admit I've been slack when it comes to the NAS - perhaps will tackle it in a while and transfer the files to the AC Ryan. I give myself a pat on the back for keeping up with cleaning the house DAILY (omgah you wouldn't believe the cat fur, and Maxey's toilet mistakes UGGGH). The cleaning seems endless, and tackling some drainage problem in the Master Bathroom, already used 4 bottles of those drain cleaner stuff - sigh, so have lots of "reasons" for my procrastination :P

Sorting out the Nas etc is very secondary, no need to rush as other basic things more important :D .

My Nas is giving me massive problems... I can feel a long post about it in my thread coming up ...... :bangwall:

RB

Thanks Marshy! You don't think it's cookie-cutter-ish?? Dunno, it looks and feels pretty cookie-cutter-ish to me. Not that I'm complaining though. It's just what it looks and feels like to me :unsure:

I'll accept the spanking when I meet you next :P

- Ely

yea of course! if yours is cookie-cutterish then mine is horrible! LOL~ :lol:

Hmm, think I wanna spank you too! What cookie cutter-ish? If your place is considered cookie cutter-ish, then I think I won't dare to show my place when it's ready... 8|8|8|

Now that spanking is done, can I invite you over to be my wall decal consultant when my place is ready? :P

see? i'm not the only one who gonna spank you :P

WEDDING PREP:

Only one outfit has been confirmed. That's some progress at least.

Maxey - Dog of Honor:

$(KGrHqR,!i4E2Kv(tE,DBNtgh34U)!~~_12.JPG

:D

- Ely

so, anything for the Cat of Honour? :lol:

My dear, I'm a firm believer that designer furnitures do not make a nice home... more important is how it all goes together and the furnishings and decor that gives it a final touch... e.g. a Tiffanys necklace would not be the same without the turquoise box n ribbon right? :P

Ok, am waiting for your invite to go over and get more ideas on how to decorate my place! :D

Anyway, I'm afraid it'll be many more months before I'll feel that my house is complete... I've no art pieces, paintings, & not even photo frames to decorate the place... it's literally just the reno and the main furnitures for now. But I am looking forward to this "2nd phase" cos that means more shopping! Hee, my poor SO.

That is true - I believe, too, that it's the accents that make it a home, while the furnishings only make it functional, and a place to live in. I'm not yet done with Phase 2, sigh - seems like a while to go before I can tear myself away from the constant cleaning to do run several errands to get what I need (ha! Not *everything* is from online k!). I'm simply doing the cheapskate route by DIY-ing most of it.

P.S. I'll accept Tiffany without the box and ribbon, kthx. :P

- Ely

I know that feeling as people tend to stare at me sometimes but it is not because of rashes. Mainly the old Chinese uncles and aunties but some not so old too. Sure they staring at your rashes and not your petite butt :P.

Well, of that I'm sure, since I have no butt to speak off. :D

Yep same plan as us. As our downstairs TV is only 1080i the amp defaults to that for the HDMI connections so the media player downscales to 1080i even though the projector can handle 1080p. A new 1080p TV for the living room will resolve the issue and the 42" can go to the bedroom with the 37" bedroom one (free from Starhub 4 years ago for signing up for HD with them.... oh where have those offers gone) will go to my sons room.

My only concern is how the TV swivel console in the bedroom will take a 46" TV since we make it specifically to the specs of the Samsung. Hopefully, it'll tolerate some 6" more without jutting out too much. Must have a look at it again, and the organising of the cables is a b.i.t.c.h since you're literally squeezing cables into the hole and after lots of maneuvering, you HOPE they come out from the bottom hole instead of being stuck in the swivel panel. Idiot design. *grumble*

Sorting out the Nas etc is very secondary, no need to rush as other basic things more important :D .

My Nas is giving me massive problems... I can feel a long post about it in my thread coming up ...... :bangwall:

RB

Whee! I've got the files transferred to the internal HDD easy enough, so that's one down. Now I'll just need to set up the wireless component :P

What's wrong with yours? I really hate it when I can't fix IT problems - they bug the **** outta me. Also have to send my Asus in for more servicing since it keeps on shutting off by itself (very annoying when writing long posts, or doing photoshop) which spells a complete reformat, and another batch of restoring all the software I so carefully and delicately c*acked. Hate. But since I'll be at Alephi anyway... Hmm, maybe can pick up the mod kit for the Oppo 93 :P They sell loads of those on eBay, not sure if I should give that a try?

- Ely

Well, of that I'm sure, since I have no butt to speak off. :D

Yeah, I am not going to even go there least I incur the wrath of your hubby :D.

My only concern is how the TV swivel console in the bedroom will take a 46" TV since we make it specifically to the specs of the Samsung. Hopefully, it'll tolerate some 6" more without jutting out too much. Must have a look at it again, and the organising of the cables is a b.i.t.c.h since you're literally squeezing cables into the hole and after lots of maneuvering, you HOPE they come out from the bottom hole instead of being stuck in the swivel panel. Idiot design. *grumble*

Thread some solid wire up, using a metal coat hanger unwound would work, from the bottom with some string taped to it. Tie or tape the string to the cable to be pulled down. Same method for putting the cables through out living room light box. May need a little patients but should work well.

Whee! I've got the files transferred to the internal HDD easy enough, so that's one down. Now I'll just need to set up the wireless component :P

I could do the same but time spent watching is time not spent fixing ;).

What's wrong with yours? I really hate it when I can't fix IT problems - they bug the **** outta me. Also have to send my Asus in for more servicing since it keeps on shutting off by itself (very annoying when writing long posts, or doing photoshop) which spells a complete reformat, and another batch of restoring all the software I so carefully and delicately c*acked. Hate.

Have a detailed account on my T-Blog :D.

But since I'll be at Alephi anyway... Hmm, maybe can pick up the mod kit for the Oppo 93 :P They sell loads of those on eBay, not sure if I should give that a try?

What is the mod kit meant to add to your 93 ?.

RB

yea of course! if yours is cookie-cutterish then mine is horrible! LOL~ :lol:

see? i'm not the only one who gonna spank you :P

You girls just want an excuse to spank - naughty! :wacko:

Yours is not terrible at all! You have that long white kitchen with green cupboards right? A bright cheery kitchen? And a Calypso couch? (It's been so long, I no longer remember how your place looks like! Sorry! From the top of my head, I can only remember your battle with mold and roaches LOL! And how you were searching for some specific flower? - This means updated pics imo! :P )

I'm now dealing with scrubbing in between ridiculous tiles to get rid of soap scum and such with a friggin toothbrush DAILY! AHHH! The cleaning never ever stops. :(

Perhaps my pictures glorify it a bit, I'll get more "real" pictures, or you can come over and judge for yourself!

so, anything for the Cat of Honour? :lol:

Well, Bondi is not opposed to wearing matching collars (that would look pretty cute eh?) but if he REALLY wants to be different and steal the bride's thunder, I can always order the Hello Kitty Transformer Kit:

cat.jpg

:D

- Ely

Yeah, I am not going to even go there least I incur the wrath of your hubby :D.

Oh he knows - he shoos me off his lap because he says my bony *** is hurting his delicate thighs :P:lol:

Thread some solid wire up, using a metal coat hanger unwound would work, from the bottom with some string taped to it. Tie or tape the string to the cable to be pulled down. Same method for putting the cables through out living room light box. May need a little patients but should work well.

Hmm, sounds like a good idea. We'll do that if we need to add more crap to the console - already housing a SCV setup box, a X-box, the WD media player, the tube amp and bookshelf speakers >< Or when we finally upgrade our living room TV, and that would be several years yet.

Thanks for the tip!

The Oppo 93 isn't region-free :( We have several discs unable to play. So it requires a mod kit?

Like this one here on eBay.

473326960_o.jpg

- Ely

Edited by Ely1

Oh he knows - he shoos me off his lap because he says my bony *** is hurting his delicate thighs :P:lol:

I would hope he does....

No it was more about my discussing your butt that he may object too :D. Not that I could claim to remember perfectly as it was a while ago since we all met up.

Thanks for the tip!

Np.

The Oppo 93 isn't region-free :( We have several discs unable to play. So it requires a mod kit?

Ahh, I thought it was but then I have not read up on it that much. Probably worth it if you are likely to have lots of other region movies like I have.

RB

Oh, I saw this than thought of you....

Maybe hubby can get it for you. It is an umbrella light so you can walk in the rain and still be in the spotlight looking fabulous :D.

Not sure why it is under top 100 home improvement tools though :dunno:.

RB

Edited by RimBlock

Oh, I saw this than thought of you....

Maybe hubby can get it for you. It is an umbrella light so you can walk in the rain and still be in the spotlight looking fabulous :D.

Not sure why it is under top 100 home improvement tools though :dunno:.

RB

LOL! Last time I carried an umbrella, I was accused of being from China... Not sure if the illumination will help with that - perhaps the cab drivers will definitely find me more visible in the rain whilst frantically trying to flag down a cab.

- Ely

LOL! Last time I carried an umbrella, I was accused of being from China... Not sure if the illumination will help with that - perhaps the cab drivers will definitely find me more visible in the rain whilst frantically trying to flag down a cab.

- Ely

How bizarre. From China you say.... I don't seem to get that problem and always carry a folding umbrella in Singapore. Strangely I never carried one in the UK.

You need the right umbrella... think Blade runner clear plastic dome umbrella.

RB

How bizarre. From China you say.... I don't seem to get that problem and always carry a folding umbrella in Singapore. Strangely I never carried one in the UK.

You need the right umbrella... think Blade runner clear plastic dome umbrella.

RB

I've been eyeing a lace parasol for ages! When the CC bills clear, I'm definitely going for it! muahaha!

- Ely