Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Drexter

Laminated Floorings

Cool, I like wood feel also.. The color that u chose was very nice... Just hope laminated flooring last....

it will if u really take good care of it :sport-smiley-018:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
In the end, I chose Supreme 12mm at the road show. It's better for water resistance....

You are not the first, neither will you be the last to fall for the fish tank gimmick. :D

hmm i din even thk so far for my laminate. i chose firmafloor, quite cheap. 2 years and counting, not a single issue and stil looks beautiful. no popup, no uneven, bla bla. and i dun thk more maint compared to my homogeneous in the living room. jus mop all together but for laminates, i use the laminate floor cleaner from NTUC.

You are not the first, neither will you be the last to fall for the fish tank gimmick. :D

Oh gimmick? hmm.... ;)

Oh gimmick? hmm.... ;)

I have also signed up with Krono Original to do laminate flooring. There are a lot of different quality ones in the market. As long as yours are not from China, then quality wise should be durable. Malaysia ones are cheaper but quality are also not bad. Probably designs and textures are less nicer than those from Germany.

I have also signed up with Krono Original to do laminate flooring. There are a lot of different quality ones in the market. As long as yours are not from China, then quality wise should be durable. Malaysia ones are cheaper but quality are also not bad. Probably designs and textures are less nicer than those from Germany.

The wax at the side of each laminated plank at Supreme impressed me. As I do need a better water resistant laminated flooring.

The wax at the side of each laminated plank at Supreme impressed me. As I do need a better water resistant laminated flooring.

Drexter, it doesn't works that way :D Every laminate floor makers would have coated theirs if it is just so simple.

The wax coatings will come off in no time with the frictions from expansions and contractions of the installed floor.

Parafin wax are impregnated into the boards as a moisture repelling agent (not coated), and that limits the swelling of the board when accident concerning water happens.

Do you understand why I called it a gimmick now? :)

I have only the following word for laminate floor = All the same but some differ.

IMPORTANT : Country of origin = quality of product = THE HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

Maybe a few question to ponder on when shopping for laminate floors

The establishment of the companies providing the products will boils down to how secure you are when purchasing from various brand.

Examples like when the company start operation? How Reliable and active in market? Office premises rented or purchase? The number of employees? After sales service? Any achievement of the company example like organization association or awards by certified bodies? All above will give you a sign that are you getting from a serious company or just another company.

I've raise this few factors to ponder over is because i seen many laminate flooring provider close down since it came into our shore. I've also seen distributor dropping reputable brands like pergo overnight and go for another brand as there is little margin or whatsoever reason. If you buy a product not knowing you will get support when in trouble or requires support than it's like buy and talk later when face problem. Lastly the product you choose must be to your liking as there's no point getting something for the sake of getting it. Overall if maintain properly laminate floor can last for good 10 over years.

My previous flat's laminate was installed in 1998 and when i sold my flat in 2009 condition is still pristine only thing is color outdated hahaaha. I will not put any name here as i do not want to create an impression that i'm promoting any brand but my previous contractor did recommend me a reliable product and share a lot of information on laminate floor. Just my two cents worth. :P

Edited by Christopher

I would like to recommend a brand called allure, it is a water PROOF flooring. Similar to laminated just that instead of wood it is vinyl, i think, Not sure about the actual name. It is rubber by nature. I am using it for my whole house including my kitchen and of course except the toilets.. heheh

I would like to recommend a brand called allure, it is a water PROOF flooring. Similar to laminated just that instead of wood it is vinyl, i think, Not sure about the actual name. It is rubber by nature. I am using it for my whole house including my kitchen and of course except the toilets.. heheh

Vinyl tiles might be good in terms of water, however it requires very even & level floor in order to lay it. When removing it in future to change other type of flooring will be pose a problem as the residue is tedious to remove. They are not very thick as compare to tiles or laminated floor. Applying vinyl floor has a headache in getting skirting to cover the side and this is when provider come in with pricing which is not justified. Just my two cents worth, nevertheless it's still each individual liking and i see houses with vinyl tiles done up real nice.

<!--quoteo(post=624021:date=Mar 30 2011, 11:43 AM:name=ugene512)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ugene512 @ Mar 30 2011, 11:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=624021"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would like to recommend a brand called allure, it is a water PROOF flooring. Similar to laminated just that instead of wood it is vinyl, i think, Not sure about the actual name. It is rubber by nature. I am using it for my whole house including my kitchen and of course except the toilets.. heheh<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Vinyl tiles might be good in terms of water, however it requires very even & level floor in order to lay it. When removing it in future to change other type of flooring will be pose a problem as the residue is tedious to remove. They are not very thick as compare to tiles or laminated floor. Applying vinyl floor has a headache in getting skirting to cover the side and this is when provider come in with pricing which is not justified. Just my two cents worth, nevertheless it's still each individual liking and i see houses with vinyl tiles done up real nice.

hey thanks for the advice! I was quote 5.95psf(flooring) and 2.5(skirting). Any idea wat is the cost of removal for the exisiting laminates?

Get supreme... No regrets

Hi Drexter,

Have you installed your laminate flooring?

How is it now? I read that you want to have more water resistant flooring material, have you considered strand woven bamboo flooring? I read in their website (www.styleline.com.sg)they have 0.6% water absorption compare to 2.5% laminate flooring?

Maybe that would be better option compare to laminate flooring. And thats a natural material too.

Cheers