Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
evilas

La Cafa Furniture & Design Pte Ltd.

Hi, I just bought sofa set, dining table, coffee table, and 2 dining chairs from La Cafa at Furniture Mall. I can't seem to find any thread on them.

Anybody had any encounters with them before? How's the service and quality? Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, I just bought sofa set, dining table, coffee table, and 2 dining chairs from La Cafa at Furniture Mall. I can't seem to find any thread on them.

Anybody had any encounters with them before? How's the service and quality? Thanks!

Hi...err...dun mean to scare you or put you down but there were many bad comments abt La Cafa...it's the same company as Red Apple....

Sigh. I kinda suspected it too cos they have quite a few items similar to red apple.

Now can only hope for the best!

It's ok...things might not turn out to be that bad for you...I got my items from Red Apple on time....but u really got to call and chase them for the delivery...be firm on that you must get your items on the delivery date...best to call them a week before your deilvery to check that your goods have arrived and get the name of the person who attended to your call...

yeah, i'm about to call them to push my delivery date forward to give some allowance in case the delivery got delayed. Initially wanted them to deliver on 18th Sept (lunar calender 8th of 8th month =p)...

yeah, i'm about to call them to push my delivery date forward to give some allowance in case the delivery got delayed. Initially wanted them to deliver on 18th Sept (lunar calender 8th of 8th month =p)...

Haha....ya better to call them soon so that they have no excuse....good luck to you! :rolleyes:

Hi...err...dun mean to scare you or put you down but there were many bad comments abt La Cafa...it's the same company as Red Apple....

Oh....is it? I didnt know. Anyway, I did not buy my furniture from anyone of them.

Didn't do homework about "Not recommended" furniture shops and ended up a victim of this furniture shop :furious:

I ordered a custom made wardrobe on 12th July'08, and the initial delivery time given was 8th August'08.

Realizing that the delivery fall within the 7th Month of the Chinese calendar, I arranged for the wardrobe to

be delivered on 2nd Sept'08 instead.

On 8th August itself, I received a call from them to confirm the delivery on 8th August...

Miscommunication?? :dunno: Never mind, just inform them again that the delivery date has been changed

to 2nd Sept...

2 days before the delivery date, received a call from them again to confirm the time for delivery on

2nd Sept.. Cool.. nice of them to confirm the date the time for delivery cause 2nd Sept is a Monday and

I have to take leave to receive the delivery. Btw the timing given by them was 11am to 2pm.

Finally the date of delivery arrived.. I was on leave and spent the morning clearing the room, removing

furnitures to make room for them to assemble the wardrobe inside the room...

10.30am my phone rang... it was from the staff of La Cafa.. and i was expecting them to tell me their

delivery guys are on the way... but NO!!!

The guy on the line told me sorry they cannot deliver the wardrobe today because my wardrobe is not

"correctly" done yet!! :furious::furious:

Ridiculous!! First they called me on 8th August to confirm delivery once.. then they called again 2 days

prior to delivery to confirm the date and time .. now on the delivery day the wardrobe is not ready?!!

and the reason they gave was "because your wardrobe is custom made one" :furious::furious:

Guess this will be an expensive mistake made for not doing enough homework to research on shops with

bad reputation ... so shoppers do be aware .. try not to fall victim of such undesirable service :curse:

Edited by SunkistC

Beware of La Cafa...

Bought a desk and chest wardrobe on 20 Sep 08.

Agreed to sent both items 27 Sep.

26 Sep called to confirm delivery on 27 Sep

27 Sep i cleared my room and wait for delivery, only for them to call me that the desk they have is an old set, and i have to wait till october for the desk to arrive... and so i waited

1 Oct agreed to deliver on 4 Oct.

4 Oct delivered only the chest wardrobe, and it is dented with some wood chipped off. Item delivered without any plastic, cardboard or bubble wrap to protect. They told me the desk is still in container, can deliver next sat... and after my persistant refusal to accept the dented wardrobe.. they took it back

10 Oct called them and they tell me the desk is still in container.... and asked them abt the wardrobe, they say will check and get back to me.... and i never hear from them since

LA CAFA furniture is truly @)(#@(*$@(*#)(@&$(*@#

Haiz another victim :bangwall:

When they deliver take a look at their delivery truck.. you'll find that it's from "Red Apple"..

so you see ahgoh888 had the same bad experience as you

Red Apple

The coordination between their sales office, delivery office and delivery man totally hay-wire 8|

Btw my custom made wardrobe was delivered on the 2nd appointment after they screwed up on

the initial delivery date.. but no one called me to confirm about the delivery and i had to call their

delivery office to check when the time slot they given me had passed... I was told that my delivery will be late

in the evening because my location is far.. who knows the next moment their delivery guys were knocking at

my door already :dunno:

I thought this time they finally never screw up.. but when they start to assemble the wardrobe they proven me wrong again :jawdrop:

The reason why I custom made the wardrobe is due to the horizontal beams along the 4 sides of the walls, so

I told them to make the wardrobe with height of 200cm.. but the height of the custom made wardrobe

delivered was 230cm faint.gif

The delivery guy said they can bring it back to alter then arrange for another delivery date.. after some serious thinking I decided to keep it and let my mum have the wardrobe ... I've had enough nonsense

from them and do not wish to deal with them anymore..

Better save myself from the trouble of arranging delivery with them :bow::bow::bow:

Good luck to you Geordie pray.gif

Hi All,

Anyone bought items from them , La Cafa Furniture :: #01-18/19&29 at Beach Rd Furniture Mall? Saw a L-Shape Sofa 3.21m x 2.1m , very nice . Thinking of getting it. Any comments on this shop ?

Thanks

Nobody

Hi All,

Anyone bought items from them , La Cafa Furniture :: #01-18/19&29 at Beach Rd Furniture Mall? Saw a L-Shape Sofa 3.21m x 2.1m , very nice . Thinking of getting it. Any comments on this shop ?

Thanks

Nobody

La Cafa is part of the Winter, Red Apple, Mode Studio group read thread below and make up your own mind.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17238

Just one example...

Next, this La Cafa really sux! I remember my nice chairs were supposed to be delivered and in the end, these came instead! As I was not home to receive the good, I saw that those were the WRONG pieces SENT!!!! I am not going to swallow this! I searched my previous postings and true enough, pictures speaks louder!

Click here to see my selection...

and they sent me cheapo looking chairs!

renon008.jpg

the chair we selected is on the RHS

newbuys008.jpg

The invoice states model number, but i have a picture as proof...I will see what they say and update again!

*take a deep breath*

Edited by merryman