Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
minnie_dexter

Renovation Cost Increase !

Hi guys, something to share since i am feeling a little bit in the office counting down to knock off for the weekend !!!!

I was speaking with my friend the other day, who is going to renovate his place at bedok recently, his ID told him the renovation fee in is going to increase in the coming one month due to the earthquake from japan. He also said this is going to happen globally for japan is buying to rebuild their terrible damages, he assumed the cost will be increased another 20% at least in the coming month. Both of us are doubt, is that true?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

First question, is Japan starting the re-build program?

Now, they are busying on the nuclear concern.

The affected city still have not clear up yet.

How to rebuild?

its is true... not only japan... NZ christ church is pushin prices up too... sand, cement, concrete, wood especially, alot of materials... and the worst part is they r projectin to rebuild in a few years, not a few months... be prepared...

i also stress.... I'm not a home owner... i'm in I.D. and this will cut into our profit.

Hi guys, something to share since i am feeling a little bit in the office counting down to knock off for the weekend !!!!

I was speaking with my friend the other day, who is going to renovate his place at bedok recently, his ID told him the renovation fee in is going to increase in the coming one month due to the earthquake from japan. He also said this is going to happen globally for japan is buying to rebuild their terrible damages, he assumed the cost will be increased another 20% at least in the coming month. Both of us are doubt, is that true?

This is not true, in fact tiles price is going to drop soon due to oversupply, EU decided to tax on china tiles n china is pulling out from exporting there..Tiles price should drop as much as 30% due to massive oversupply.

Maybe those ID company wants to be like Insurance company. taking advantage of others misery to boost their profit margin

sadly, these contractors and IDs are profiteering from a disaster! If your ID claim that prices are going to increase, then get him to show u concrete proof of receipts from the purchase of these items!

I will reply to the contractor "You are not selling Sashimi please! "

Japan does not produce construction materials, so supplies of construction materials are not affected. The shutting down of Japan factories will instead slow down the demand for raw materials these few months.

Edited by forgotten

The price might increase may be will be the following part

1. Japan car engine or other car part

2. canon lens (which already announce shut down)

3. Semi-conductor part like IC..

4. Gundam model kits.

I has been wondering for the past few days, should I buy some Gundam to store 1st.

Or else.. no toy (either too expensive or run out of model) to play

The price might increase may be will be the following part

1. Japan car engine or other car part

2. canon lens (which already announce shut down)

3. Semi-conductor part like IC..

4. Gundam model kits.

I has been wondering for the past few days, should I buy some Gundam to store 1st.

Or else.. no toy (either too expensive or run out of model) to play

Yes, these products from Japan may increase in price due to shortage.

Do u all read of the chinaman who died from salt overdose ahlamah?

Edited by forgotten

Do u all read of the chinaman who died from salt overdose ahlamah?

Which newspaper?

BTW, cannot imagine they believe salt can prevent radiation

Japan, Nz, China, definitely will rebuild. Japan good at "getting" others' resource & become their. S.Korea's trees are "protected", no single Korean is allowed to chop one, why? Japanese cut & tpt all the tree trunks during war. Whole S. korea became "botak".

- With BTOs, EC, DBSS, pte units being built at present pace here, sure building material price will go up, without question but at what %?. With "hot money" caused by QEs, "price" lagi up . Food, argrculture, raw materials, energy are globally ss. China & India "suck" copper/lead/steel like drinking water.

Salt indeed suppresses(NaCl2)(absorbs) natural radioactive rays generated by natural radioactive materials. To suppress radioactive to a "safe" level, human body needs "very much over dose" salt leve which live body can't take. Only PHD level can understand this. This is part of the reason, some fsms ask clients to keep rock salts at home.

Which newspaper?

Edited by bepgof

Actually price already started to increase slowly especially when the foreign levy had been increasing over the yrs. As we know that mostly of the workers are from elsewhere, the increasing cost had actually transfer to the house owners. Last yr, the price for plywood had increased too so most carpenters' factories also increased it to the ID/contractor and what will they do but to up their price slowly. For big firm companies, maybe they ordered in big quantities so they may be able to suppress it to a lower price but for smaller firm they may not be able to do so.

If the gov. going to increase the GST, I'm sure price for doing a renovation will increase it once again. Everything is going up less our salary...haiz.

This is not true, in fact tiles price is going to drop soon due to oversupply, EU decided to tax on china tiles n china is pulling out from exporting there..Tiles price should drop as much as 30% due to massive oversupply.

Maybe those ID company wants to be like Insurance company. taking advantage of others misery to boost their profit margin

I'm not sure where u get the source from as I'm not in the tiles business so maybe u r right or maybe not. EU decided to tax on china tiles but I think its have nothing to do with Singapore taxing system on import and export (cos already tax liao if not why we buy tiles got to pay for GST).

As for whether ID company is taking advantage or not is also very individual opinion. House owners paid for their services, workmanship, ideas, etc... whether they are worth it or not is from how the house owners feel. I'm not siding the ID/contractors but I feel that we should look it with a different point of view on this issue.

The house owner can pay for a cheaper quote for their reno. but the service, workmanship, designs, etc may be different from paying for a higher quote to the other party. Just like u pay for a $1 chicken rice, will it be the same for $3 chicken rice (the amount of meat, rice, source,etc)?

Finding the right person to do the reno. I think it still depend on luck. As some may paid a higher price but everything can be still screw up.

Which newspaper?

Me too cant imagine that.

Edited by jaskel

There are actually reports on sand and other building materials rising in the news.

Although the price will not increase in this 2 or 3 months but i believe there will be an increase

at the later part of the year thus an increase in quotation(maybe?)

Anyway things will keep increase only la (: