Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ugene512

4 Room @upper Boon Keng Resale

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear guys,

Understand that renovation is not 100%, there bound to be some hipcups and changes gg along the way. This depends on how the ID communicate with you how they actually offered their service and rectification. Are they able to give solution right on the spot and not pushing or giving excuses "Sry, cannot be done already drawn the drawings" , "sry, i already built it already cannot be done".. so instead of pushing or simply brush it off, they need to think of a solution to solve it. And this is what Katy does, she offered her solution and rectification and did not have that kind of pushing or "huh, i do liao le" attitude. She is very forth comming to offer me ideas and solution and didn't mind at all. I feel this is how a professional should be, da house that we are renovating is suppose to be a life long or rather we are living in it so it must be as perfect , as customise, as comfortable and pleasing to us and family. Sometimes ID may not see our views and it is very important that they stand in our views and shoe to see and accept.

House renovating is a very worrying task to do, i need to please my wife, my family and my pocket. Furthermore, with all the things coming together, wedding,phototaking and career it make it worse and added up to the stress level. Any mistake or wrong in any part of the phase will be an big impact on me, therefore my mentatily is always "ask a favour" from da service provider instead of that kind of "i pay money u better do the work" which hurts the relationship i feel or make it very mono, one way. Although, i agree that sometimes people will take advantage to you because u do just that, but i feel the world is round ,what goes around comes around.

Sorry guys, talk so much hahaha.. just sharing.,. maybe i too stress liaoz

haha

Anyways guys, met up with katy and all to do some minor changes and seek for advices for the flat.. Ended up good, once again they did it again... a job well done. Was able to do the changes and understand the need and requirement.. thumbs up!!

whee! thanks ugene512 for sharing all the info esp on ArtistRoom! :good: coincidentally i chanced upon designs by ArtistRoom and immediately i fell in love with their work! so i'll be following your house reno closely.. haha! all the best for your reno! :D

whee! thanks ugene512 for sharing all the info esp on ArtistRoom! :good: coincidentally i chanced upon designs by ArtistRoom and immediately i fell in love with their work! so i'll be following your house reno closely.. haha! all the best for your reno! :D

Hey, thanks!! Do let me know if u need any info, if u wan u can pop by haha to check it ou ..

Btw to update all. My 2 compressor for my aircon is approve and I can carry on and install them outside one of my bedroom . So I have one at the latch at MBR and one outside the kids room .. :) so happy !!!.

(Habks mark for coorfinating and thabks andy from gaincity to submit the documents.. Well done !!

Edited by ugene512

aww! thanks for the offer! can i pop by once its up? :D fyi, i haven even select my unit! hahaha! so i'm just another typical kiasu singaporean, looking around.. hahaha! :P

Hey, thanks!! Do let me know if u need any info, if u wan u can pop by haha to check it ou ..

Btw to update all. My 2 compressor for my aircon is approve and I can carry to install them outside one of my bedroom . So I have one at the latch at MBR and one outside the kids room .. :) so happy !!!.

(Habks mark for coorfinating and thabks andy from gaincity to submit the documents.. Well done !!

aww! thanks for the offer! can i pop by once its up? :D fyi, i haven even select my unit! hahaha! so i'm just another typical kiasu singaporean, looking around.. hahaha! :P

Wahahah, i am also part of the typical singaporean. I did my research very early haha. No prob, once its up i'll invite the reno kakis up haha..

Understand what u meant cos been thru the phase when I got my first flat. Marriage and Reno very shiong and it's never about 2 people thingy.. Often it's the family's comments that make us .... Sigh.... Anyway, bro, your Reno is going on smoothly and will be coming to end soon:) so cheer up! Thks god u got this ID instead of the first one u almost wanted to sign! So u are blessed and lucky afterall:) My colleague almost wanted to sign up with them too but I prompted her to read the comments. She just went thru a messy divorce and I don't think she can take another heart attack

Dear guys,

Understand that renovation is not 100%, there bound to be some hipcups and changes gg along the way. This depends on how the ID communicate with you how they actually offered their service and rectification. Are they able to give solution right on the spot and not pushing or giving excuses "Sry, cannot be done already drawn the drawings" , "sry, i already built it already cannot be done".. so instead of pushing or simply brush it off, they need to think of a solution to solve it. And this is what Katy does, she offered her solution and rectification and did not have that kind of pushing or "huh, i do liao le" attitude. She is very forth comming to offer me ideas and solution and didn't mind at all. I feel this is how a professional should be, da house that we are renovating is suppose to be a life long or rather we are living in it so it must be as perfect , as customise, as comfortable and pleasing to us and family. Sometimes ID may not see our views and it is very important that they stand in our views and shoe to see and accept.

House renovating is a very worrying task to do, i need to please my wife, my family and my pocket. Furthermore, with all the things coming together, wedding,phototaking and career it make it worse and added up to the stress level. Any mistake or wrong in any part of the phase will be an big impact on me, therefore my mentatily is always "ask a favour" from da service provider instead of that kind of "i pay money u better do the work" which hurts the relationship i feel or make it very mono, one way. Although, i agree that sometimes people will take advantage to you because u do just that, but i feel the world is round ,what goes around comes around.

Sorry guys, talk so much hahaha.. just sharing.,. maybe i too stress liaoz

haha

Understand what u meant cos been thru the phase when I got my first flat. Marriage and Reno very shiong and it's never about 2 people thingy.. Often it's the family's comments that make us .... Sigh.... Anyway, bro, your Reno is going on smoothly and will be coming to end soon:) so cheer up! Thks god u got this ID instead of the first one u almost wanted to sign! So u are blessed and lucky afterall:) My colleague almost wanted to sign up with them too but I prompted her to read the comments. She just went thru a messy divorce and I don't think she can take another heart attack

haah ya lor.. That is actually a blessing in disguise, things are going smoothly now haha.. i think renotalk has been great, everyone contribute their expriences and ideas and share with everybody.It like everyone in a community helping each other and prevent us from being carrot or cheated. haha

thanks you all!!! hahah

haah ya lor.. That is actually a blessing in disguise, things are going smoothly now haha.. i think renotalk has been great, everyone contribute their expriences and ideas and share with everybody.It like everyone in a community helping each other and prevent us from being carrot or cheated. haha

thanks you all!!! hahah

Once yours is ready, you have to invite us all... want to see your mini cinema. :)

Once yours is ready, you have to invite us all... want to see your mini cinema. :)

wahahah no prob.. at all .. somemore urs place and friends78 so near only haha

wahahah no prob.. at all .. somemore urs place and friends78 so near only haha

Ya... If I want, I think can walk there. Hehe....

Hey guys,

Some pics..

The hollow block feature wall- it will be painted over with white paint

Hollowblockfeaturewall.jpg

The MBR , tiled basin propose by katy

MBRToilettilesbasin.jpg

The black concrete tiled bartop and kitchen

Bartop.jpg

The MBR entrance and you guys must be wondering y there is a hole there right?? haha

MBRentrance.jpg

Updates..

Went to mayer @ Great World to look for Angie. Nice lady, gave us some special discount hehe and we got the following

Got the built in wine chiller from mayer !!! Finally i found one that fits under my counter top!!

Ariston-WZ36T.gif

Took me a long time to get this, its ex though. But i think its worth it.. and i got myself a tarus coffee machine too at a discounted price.Since there is a promo at mayer.

taurus.jpg

Its still new, retailing at 200+, if any one wants it.. willing to let go at 180 :) hehe with 4 boxes(14 ea box) of capsules

Edited by ugene512