Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rottenramone

Homemakin'

looking good so far! for my references... instead of buying books... I went ole school - borrowed from library @@

something which i did too. but most of my loans went to comics. managed to borrow a few on midcentury modern and was schooled on eames, saarinen, poulsen, neutra etc. interesting that eameses are such a creative bunch. they produced films as well. was also surprised that their residence is not as minimalist as i thought it would be.

struck me that most modern designs which came from the 1930s are still relevant today. i can imagine the ppl in that era mocking them. prophets are never recognized in their own time.

also realised that the main diff between usa and scandi countries is the copious amount of wood scandi designers use. the us side exploits technological advances to bend and shape veneers and plywood rather than carving it.

anyways, managed to snag 4 magis air chairs for less than $300. dining chairs are settled.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Good deals galore - sometimes craiglist and the sales post here can be a hidden treasure. We managed to snag the following items at much less than selling price. Fair enough, they aren't brand new, but the condition is generally good, and nothing a good wash can't solve. :)

Artemide Tolomeo Sospensione Decentrata Pendant Light

artemide.jpg

4 Magis Air Chair in Beige (I wished the previous owner was more adventurous with the colours, but beggers can't be choosers)

magis_airchair_03-400x400.jpg

Good deals galore - sometimes craiglist and the sales post here can be a hidden treasure. We managed to snag the following items at much less than selling price. Fair enough, they aren't brand new, but the condition is generally good, and nothing a good wash can't solve. :)

Artemide Tolomeo Sospensione Decentrata Pendant Light

artemide.jpg

Hi Strikingreality, you have a rare unit, congrats on your new place and this is a really nice light ! :)

Also wish u a smooth n fun reno journey :good:

Wah.. You guys actually do homework!

Don't know how long its been since we last went to the library. Wifey feels ashamed that she forgot this option exists. All she did was buy reno mags. Haha.. Husband just made decisions based on feel and nothing else.

Think you guys will end up with a really nice end product.

Oh! I love the light! :wub: Even suggested to my SO to get one for my place but he was so unimpressed.

I may have considered getting the line console if it can be wall mounted but... anyway also happy to have my ID design the console for us lar.

Your buys all look great so far. Looking forward to see how your place will turn out. Btw mind sharing how much for your side table? PM me if you prefer not to state the price in public? TIA!

Retailing at $821 before 30% discount

comes with legs

remember from sfk7 t-blog who purchased it as well

Thanks! Looks good. :)

Yup yup. It comes with and without legs. Without legs will cost $120 less.

With legs, the height is just nice - bedside table height.

Do check it out at the Playfair Road showroom (Egg3 is also in the same building).

Hi Strikingreality, you have a rare unit, congrats on your new place and this is a really nice light ! :)

Also wish u a smooth n fun reno journey :good:

Thank you! We're starting hacking on Monday! Your t-blog is v long! I am only halfway through it, but end result looks good!

Wah.. You guys actually do homework!

Don't know how long its been since we last went to the library. Wifey feels ashamed that she forgot this option exists. All she did was buy reno mags. Haha.. Husband just made decisions based on feel and nothing else.

Think you guys will end up with a really nice end product.

My hubby buys as many reno mags as well! :) Feel is equally important! It's cuz of feel that we bought our sofa, coffee table, shag rug etc, sometimes even without consulting our ID on whether it will fit in etc.....

While I was in Grafunkt, I came across the Bludot catalogue and was really intrigued by the Real Good Chairs. But Grafunkt was only going to bring in the chairs from June onwards

Incidentally, rottenramone then did some research and realised that a shop called POMELO sells this as well.

It was the single best decision (so far) to go to this shop. It is my favouritest shop and I am in love with everything inside.

In the space of slightly over an hour, we bought the following two items.

This is entirely unexpected as we were considering taking over one of the old sofas at my parent's house which had a retro feel. But once we sat on it, we chatted with Raymond about the price, thought about it over waffles at ReStore, and decided to get it.

couchoidsofa.jpg

And with the original intention of visiting Pomelo for the chairs, we got 2 pcs for the ends of our dining table. :)

real-good-chair-00.jpg

Edited by strikingreality

some pics:

living room

IMG_0547.jpg

living room feature wall. craftstone was clumsily pasted on. some bricks are loose. asking the ID to check the bricks

IMG_0546.jpg

dining

IMG_0549.jpg

kitchen. open concept so no wall to hack

IMG_0551.jpg

Edited by strikingreality

adventures in scoring (relatively) cheap chichi funiture

was trawling the interwebs for good deals and one day a post popped up. with an air division desk at a nice price.

emailed the guy and he replied rather quickly. noticed that he signed off as allan wu. really turned out that it was him. just visited his splendid colonial black n white apartment which he was renting. at 2500 sq ft, the place is huge! and with kickass gardens around to boot. they are moving away and have some stuff to sell, but most were given away to friends and relatives.

here's a pic of the desk. wife (not li lin) will use it as a dresser.

allan.jpg

i shall call the dresser "allan".

Edited by rottenramone

I am so glad that we are doing our reno in this period. Probably saved us quite a bit since it's GSS.

So we bought these... :)

LineTV.jpg

Line TV Console. Though I secretly like Air Division's Telegraph, this is easier on the pockets

Your TV console is superbly nice ! especially the interior of it ..