Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
C&S

Our Home Sweet Home

Day 2

The boss instructed them to change the smaller trunking at the mbr area to a bigger one, so they can fit in the pipings easily..

ok so they changed it. (they are shoebox size now)

Ugly T shape trunking was removed. became L shaped. Ok not so ugly, but still not nice to see..

Then another problem came! The door could not be close due to the bigger trunkings~ One of the workers showed me that..and in the process he damaged the door.. the laminate at the top corner of the door came off.. I was like !!!!

I couldnt take it anymore, I didnt scold them of course. I consulted my ID, he told me to get their boss. Ok then i called their boss. I told him I want to re route the trunkings! I want the trunkings to run inside the false ceiling of the toliet instead. And I want him to change a team of workers. He said ok but question me then the existing tiles damaged how? I wanted to explode but i calm myself down, i said i will take it up, now you just tell your guys i want to re route.

He told me he will get another team down and help the current ones and will finish the job today. I was like ok.

Then along the corridor, I saw a unit open for renovation, I asked permission to get in and see how they run the aircon trunkings. It was done very nicely. I asked one of the workers to see how to run it. Then he understand..

2 pm, i left for lunch. Before i went, i told him to change to a smaller trunking at MBR area. He said ok.

3 pm plus, i came back. Ok now the way they run it is correctly and acceptable, not so ugly. But he nvr change to a smaller trunking, still use the shoe box size trunking. I was !!!

but i took it silently again as i felt they had been working very hard

AC008.jpg

T shape joint removed, became L shape (shoebox size)

AC017.jpg

Standing on compressor and work, "well done"~

AC019.jpg

T shape -> L shape -> finally a straight line

AC020.jpg

Plastic bag stuffed inside the hole.. to cover the hole?? Hmm...is this the right way to do things?

Edited by C&S

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally at 6pm (day 2),

AC038.jpg

way better than before!!

AC040.jpg

pipings hid inside the false ceiling, but tiles are damaged..no choice :(

AC044.jpg

Looks neater outside too

a painful experience....now gotta see what can my ID do to rectify the problems left behind by the aircon guys...sighz...

oh gosh... the air-con fixing is bad! Which company u buy the air-con from?

Their skills must be good for air-con cos yrs down the road, u wouldn't want any leakage along those trunking.

Hope ur ID is able to rectify the damage.

Your ID was not there when the aircon guys came? No coordination work done to communicate how the aircon trunking to be run? So weird i think.

From what i know, some IDs will be very particular about how the trunkings are run from each area cos might spoil their design...

And especially some aircon techs have their own trunking way of "easy shortcut" thus you wont be able to tell are they doing correctly or do as per what u want it to be till u see the end result. Which aircon company u took? Can share?

He was there in the morning for awhile, he did ask them to lessen the trunkings and also guide them how to run. It was until the MBR area, the aircon guys told us altogether that they could not run the trunkings in the false ceiling of the toliet and had to drill a hole in the middle of the toliet wall to the a/c ledge. They were the SMEs so we thought no choice.

GXXX City. Surprisingly.

And becos they took so long, i went to recce around. Found majority of the JS-ers ran their trunking from the top of toliet exterior wall to the a/c ledge. So coupled with what the boss told me, that gave them away totally.

Your ID was not there when the aircon guys came? No coordination work done to communicate how the aircon trunking to be run? So weird i think.

From what i know, some IDs will be very particular about how the trunkings are run from each area cos might spoil their design...

And especially some aircon techs have their own trunking way of "easy shortcut" thus you wont be able to tell are they doing correctly or do as per what u want it to be till u see the end result. Which aircon company u took? Can share?

Edited by C&S

He was there in the morning for awhile, he did ask them to lessen the trunkings and also guide them how to run. It was until the MBR area, the aircon guys told us altogether that they could not run the trunkings in the false ceiling of the toliet and had to drill a hole in the middle of the toliet wall to the a/c ledge. They were the SMEs so we thought no choice.

GXXX City. Surprisingly.

wow! kinda of scary. :o But hor, footprint's also got the aircon from this place, and i went to see the overall layout. but never see such serious case as urs leh. hers are done very nicely.

i think i better made sure my ID dont walk away till everything is done. Risky leh... :unsure:

wow! kinda of scary. :o But hor, footprint's also got the aircon from this place, and i went to see the overall layout. but never see such serious case as urs leh. hers are done very nicely.

i think i better made sure my ID dont walk away till everything is done. Risky leh... :unsure:

yah..but i dont think your ID so free , can stay one whole day just to ensure the a/c trunking ran perfectly well. for my case, was 2 days..gosh~

if they ran it so awfully like my case, will feel very stressed one.

from my experience, what i can think of to prevent such occurence again is to:

1) ask them to minimise and hide trunkings as much as they can.

2) confirm that they know what to do, better still if got pics/samples , show them.

3)if sense something, better halt them before they continue to do even more damages.

yah..but i dont think your ID so free , can stay one whole day just to ensure the a/c trunking ran perfectly well. for my case, was 2 days..gosh~

if they ran it so awfully like my case, will feel very stressed one.

from my experience, what i can think of to prevent such occurence again is to:

1) ask them to minimise and hide trunkings as much as they can.

2) confirm that they know what to do, better still if got pics/samples , show them.

3)if sense something, better halt them before they continue to do even more damages.

I thInk can be arranged one plus my id quite niao de, she won't let such things happen. Lol!

Thanks, I will take note of ur advise.

Wah... Sounds really bad! :(

With gain city, my hub say must request to have non-bangala (not trying to be racist but...)

My id was there to go through where trunking to be done, ensure ok, can be done then settled Le.

N frankly, mine was done real fast, 10.30 -3pm...

Think gain city has too much teams Out there, my id says abt 70 teams so heng suai de.

Guess has to ask ur id to help cover up the holes made by the trunking at toilet area Le....

C&S, my heart goes out to you. No one deserves to go through what you went through. I think you have been very patient with them but it really pains me that we have such so-called professionals in the business and homeowners have to suffer the consequences.

I think right now you are just trying to get the aircon over and done with so that you can move on to the rest of the renovation. Chin up! Hopefully the rest of your renovation will go smoothly because you definitely deserve it after all that you went through.

yeah hafiizh, I agreed with you totally.

Anyone in jadespring completed the aircon trunking in MBR already ? Can share some pics so we can learn from it?

C&S, my heart goes out to you. No one deserves to go through what you went through. I think you have been very patient with them but it really pains me that we have such so-called professionals in the business and homeowners have to suffer the consequences.

I think right now you are just trying to get the aircon over and done with so that you can move on to the rest of the renovation. Chin up! Hopefully the rest of your renovation will go smoothly because you definitely deserve it after all that you went through.

C&S, feel really sorry that u have to go thru this type of air-con services. Gain City air-con installers they have some good and inexperience one. Really depend on luck to get those good ones. So far for those gain city installers that I've met they had no give me any problem yet.

wishing all the best to your reno. :yamseng:

Thx all for the concerns..really appreciated that.. :)

We have already moved on. What happened has already happened. Now we only hope that our id can cover as much damage as he can and that the rest of the renovation works will go smoothly.

oh gosh... the air-con fixing is bad! Which company u buy the air-con from?

Their skills must be good for air-con cos yrs down the road, u wouldn't want any leakage along those trunking.

Hope ur ID is able to rectify the damage.

Chris > We bought the aircon from G C.

Wah... Sounds really bad! :(

With gain city, my hub say must request to have non-bangala (not trying to be racist but...)

My id was there to go through where trunking to be done, ensure ok, can be done then settled Le.

N frankly, mine was done real fast, 10.30 -3pm...

Think gain city has too much teams Out there, my id says abt 70 teams so heng suai de.

Guess has to ask ur id to help cover up the holes made by the trunking at toilet area Le....

Footprint > They are all chinese but still ... yah lor, i simply dont understand why they have so much difficulties and took such a long time to finish the job. Yup, have asked my ID to take a look, see what he can do..

I have went through your floorplan and some pictures taken, they shouldn't have ran the piping that way at the first place. Very obvious that the piping should ran above false ceiling at your masterbedroom toilet and out to your masterbedroom to make it nice.

Your floorplan layout is so straight forward which an experience install team should be able to give the best running route at the very first time.

P.S. make sure they take out that plastic bag and patch back the hole with wall cement.

Aron > Yah its pretty straight forward, just too bad, all i can say is they are inexperienced. I even have bring one of them to view another flat then he understand.. sighz..

Hafiizh > thx.. yah, nobody should deserve this to happen especially when we talking abt thousands of money here and also new flat.. but what to do, they are workers only.. hopefully this post can serve as a precaution and help to prevent similar incidents to all who havent got their aircon install yet.

C&S, feel really sorry that u have to go thru this type of air-con services. Gain City air-con installers they have some good and inexperience one. Really depend on luck to get those good ones. So far for those gain city installers that I've met they had no give me any problem yet.

wishing all the best to your reno. :yamseng:

Jaskel: Thx... We also quite surprised that this can happened to us, because before we bought the aircon from GC, we made some research also. Cant really find ppl complaining GC in this forum at all. Really must depend on luck to get good and experienced installers.

Hi there,

Just pm-ed you.. :)

Hi, i am also a new JSer, can pm me your ID contact and the quotation that quoted to u?