Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Atrocious After Sales Service From Bosch - Beware!

My built-in bosch fridge hinges spoilt. Unfortunately the warranty expired.

Browse the part number online and just about to order it from oversea. To my surprise,Bosch Singapore selling it cheaper than most of the sites that selling same item And no need to wait for the delivery to SG. I just need to collect it at their showroom.

When I called also,almost no waiting time at all, CSO promptly pick up the phone.

Thumbs up to Bosch

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I had experienced an series of upsetting post customer service from bosch personally. Could someone advise if there is any other way to get the things done instead of calling the service centre (which is totally useless)

15 OCT 11

Delivered of oven, hood and ceramic hob from one of the popular neighbourhood store as a bundle package (very happy to have such good deal)

END OCT 11

shifted in and start using the appliants

BEGINING OF NOV 11

found ceramic hob has error on the indication sign (the caution sign just don't go off forever)

4TH NOV

called service centre to arrange a visit for repairs, had been told by Bosch CSD, Sharon that they do not have any weekend visit, however she will try to request for me, and tentatively put my appointment on the upcoming wednesday while pending for the weekend appointment. (very happy with the service upon this time)

the following wednesday, technican called and say he is outside my house, the poor guy had to return back since noone is at home to open the door for him.

called Bosch again to refix an appointment, thinking that must be miscommunication and appreantly the girl who fixed my appointment was no longer with them. Eventually i took a half day off to accomodate the technican visit to get things done, model number and senario of error had been emailed to the CSD, Doreen on 22 Nov for appointment on 25 Nov (very helpful lady).

25TH Nov

Techcian Alvin came, after looking at the hoob and ask me if i have the user handbook, i handed it to him but unfortunately there is no English or anything applicable for him. I was told that he is not familiar with the problem and he has to go back office and submit a report for 2nd visit. I was really pissed, firstly he should have been told the model of the appliants before the visit and get everything standby instead asking me for an user handbook and go back office to find out the solution, i'm not a housewife who can wait for them at home as when they want to. I called the CS hotline and fortunately enough, it went through (there is a couple of times there is noone picks up). I screamed at Doreen and questioning her why their technican wasn't informed of the model and problem, then the technican guy called the office for help and then i had been told that the hob is diagnosed some software problem which is beyond repair and he will request an ONE TO ONE EXCHANGE for me, and they will try to arrange a weekend appointment for me as it is really not convinent for me to get things done during office hour.

My main concern was, the hob is newly purchsed and less than a month there is a problem, is this a defeated item or what... which i was glad that they willing to do a one to one exchange for me (during that time)

2ND DEC

A malay girl from Bosch called, and informed me that the part is not here yet. I was shocked that there is noone telling me that my hob need any parts replacement, so i questioned her what part is it as i had been told that it is software problem and was promised to have a replacement instead, apparently she doesn't know anything and said that she will check and call me back by the end of the day. To no avil, noone calls back.

END DEC

Doreen calls and informed that the parts arrived and asking when i can fix an engineer visit, i do no wish to risk the chance for question and waiting for them to call me back, so i requested an exceptional weekend visit. She checked with the engineer visit side and confirmed my appointment on one of the sat.

on the appointment day, noone turns up as expected. and when i called the servicing hot line again, this time is a guy CS answered the call and found out that Doreen is no longer working with them, and apparently they do not have the sequeence of record down what had been going on, he promised to call me back after he check, again, noone calls me back and whenever i requested to speak to their manager, David, he is either travelling or unavailable, and he do not have a direct line to reach him, which i also tried to left him a msg but still noone calls me back.

25TH JAN

While i'm travelling oversea on one of the weekday, received calls and sms from Bosch, apparently when i called him back, he is the service engineer from Bosch who came down for repair?!?!?!??!?!?, I do not know what is going on, i totally gave up on Bosch post service and praying hard that there will not be any fatal problem for all my other Bosch appliants. At the same time, also warn and alert all my friends who are researching for home appliants, to think twice for Bosch products. The whole series of encounter totally is not i had signed up/ paid for.

To anyone, who wants to protest for Bosch, i'm sorry to say that i'm a real user of Bosch home-appliants, nothing against the products but indeed their is a problem with the post service and they do not have a probably SOP.

Now, i have to which on/off my main switch whenever i switch on/off my hob as the indication light not going off even after a long while and totally cool off.

I want to share my bad experience on Bosch after sales service also...

My dryer broke down on May 27, burnt my socket, twice. I called Bosch service centre to arrange for repair service on May 28 and was given the earliest date on June 8 (Fri, 1pm-6pm).

After waiting for 2 weeks, their technician did not turn up for the stated appointment, and did not even have the courtesy to call to inform. I called the service centre again at 4pm on June 8 and received a confirmation from th staff mentioned that the appointment is on schedule and technician will turn up before 6pm. But still, they did not turn up. Sent a complaint via their website feedback form but till now no response.

On June 11, I called to make a complain and get a reschedule date on June 12 (Tue, 4pm-6pm), waited and still the technician did not turn up and no calls to inform.

4th call to the service centre this morning (June 13). The service staff said he will check and get back to me but did not. At 1:45pm, I called the service centre again and got to know the next appointment has been scheduled on June 22. This is ridiculous! Bosch is a well-known brand but the after sale service is terrible. My dryer has already broken down for 3 weeks, the technicians have not been showing up on both fixed appointments. And now, still want me to wait till June 22 for the next appointment??? This is unacceptable!!! They also didn't bother to call me back to inform that they have rescheduled to June 22. I've told the staff on the phone that I want to speak to his manager. He said he can only reach the manager via email. He gave me an email address, which later that I found out it's a generic email address 'bshsgp.service@bshg.com'.

This will be my 1st and last time to purchase appliance from Bosch. Eventhough the product is good but the after sales service sucks!

Hi Guy,

I'm back!!! so sorry to hear about so many unhappy incident.

Look around us so many brand are in the market is Bosch the only one facing very bad after sales issue?

I understand it's very frustrating when you have something break down and just can't manage to get the right person to repair.

Don't worry guy i think Bosch is trying very hard looking into the matter and will definitely be better in future.

Do PM me if you still face any bad experience i will try my best within my limit to resolve it for you.

Thanks.

Terry

Hi Titanax,

Did anyone recommend Bosch fridge to u personally ? i guess the answer is no. Most of the ppl do not buy bosch fridge last time as they do not have fridge range in past market. In fact, bosch totally not well known in fridge. Most of the ppl buy bcoz of the appearance or want the whole kitchen appliances to be the same brand. The name is a trusted brand but not on all products. Usually sales person will tell u parts from germany then assemble in china. Pls dont trust them. Always remember only electronics stuffs can buy MIC but not white goods or those things that u need it to last long. China will never makes durable products. I am quite upset when you share the after sales service experience. Hope they can fix ur fridge asap.

I kind of disagree on the part that mic white goods don't last long. I had recently purchased a washer dryer that is mic. I did some due diligence and call up Bosch to find out if the Bosch china plant is a Jv or wholly acquired - it's wholly owned. That makes quite a difference to me because the processes used should be the same as any apart of the world. What I do agree though is the after-sales service. Perhaps Bosch should consider putting more focus in this area. I certainly trust the brand and product but After the reading this thread I am worried about thye services that Bosch can provide. Good luck to me.

This is quite worrying for me.

I am actually planning to get a Bosch washing machine (made in germany model) for my new place this weekend.

After reading the posts, i am a little shaken if i should change my mind espicially there are specific complains on WM.

Though i agree with Terry that not only Bosch has issues with after service, but this does not change the fact there is an apparant problem with the after service for Bosch.

Lastly, i am quite impress with Terry taking the effort to help out here.

I am actually planning to get a Bosch washing machine (made in germany model) for my new place this weekend.

After reading the posts, i am a little shaken if i should change my mind espicially there are specific complains on WM.

Though i agree with Terry that not only Bosch has issues with after service, but this does not change the fact there is an apparant problem with the after service for Bosch.

Thanks yasanaki,

just trying my best within my limit!!

Give them sometime there are in the process of improvement.

Thanks .

Terry

I was using a Ariston washer dryer in my previous place for 9 years, then i shifted to a new place, it broke down, i called Mayer Marketing for service, the next day the technician come and it is the same technician from 8.5 years ago, it broke down back then due to dead insect on the motherboard that short out the circuit.

My model has discontinued but there are still spare parts available, the parts will be airfreight in. Replacement and repair cost about $400. We decide to retire the old lady. Paid $60 for the technician's service charge and was told can be offset when we purchase a new Ariston washer. Out of the 9 long years, we only use the washer never the dryer so we decided to buy a cheap Samsung washer for $480, very noisy operation comparing to the old Ariston.

Will buy back Ariston when the Samsung KO; simply love their fast and efficient service. :yamseng:

Terry, I am interest in getting Bosch dryer WTW865651BY. But is a little worry about after sales after reading the above. Has the issue being resolved?

Also can I stack the above dryer with Bosch stacking kit onto my existing LG washer WD12390TDP?

Appreciate your kind advise. Thanks

Here's another recent horror story on Bosch:

1) Washing machine plug fuse melted, damaging socket and gave off a bad smell.

2) Called Bosch to send someone over.

3) Bosch replied, someone will call back to arrange the date. Never did.

4) Two days later, called again. Repeated whole story. Bosch said, need 7 days to arrange for someone to come. (7 DAYS TO ATTEND TO A CRITICAL CASE OF A FAMILY HAVING NO WASHING MACHINE TO USE, much later when I talked to their APAC CS Head, from his evasive answers, I came to the conclusion that Bosch has no SLA regarding critical cases like failed refrigerators and washing machines).

5) I pleaded for a faster date. The CS said will try. Will get back to me by end of the day. Never did.

6) Called the next day. CS said already arranged 4 days later. Claimed that they tried to call me but couldn't contact me. I didn't get any missed calls, bunch of liars. I asked to speak to the supervisor. Initially refused to hand over even one name. Later refused to give a contact number, kept asking me to call back CS hotline which ALWAYS takes AT LEAST 15 mins to reach ANYONE. Told me the supervisor will contact me back. NEVER DID. Bunch of liars.

7) I asked for a time on the day they're supposed to come service my machine. They seemed surprised and couldn't pinpoint a time range. AMAZING. They expect us to be at home the whole day waiting for them to come. After some bitching, they told me 11am to 2pm.

8) I asked if the problem can be solved on the day itself. Reply was, they'll try their best. I asked whether I can speak to someone technical to explain my case of the spoiled plug. They said person isn't around, will call me back. Never did.

9) I called the next day to hunt down that technical person. Same thing, he'll call me back. Never did. A while later, I called again. Finally got him. Understand my case better and felt more confident that my case can be settled in one day.

10) On the day itself, at 9+am, got a call from Bosch asking me whether he can come over NOW. I told him the appointment time, seemed like it's the first time he knew about it. Complete disconnect between hotline persons and service staff. I later realised that the hotlink service is completely outsourced and is not manned by Bosch people. No wonder they cannot reveal even a single phone number. Complete FUBAR.

11) The fella came over. Fixed the plug. I asked about the damaged socket. He told me he cannot fix it, persuaded me to continue using it "as it looks only slightly damaged on the surface". I was speechless. "If my whole house burned down due to a fire that started from using a damaged socket connected to Bosch's washing machine, I wonder if Bosch will pay me a single cent, or completely shirk responsibility?" I wondered to myself.

12) The supervisor, until now, never called me back.

13) After emailing the evidence of a burnt socket over, someone from Bosch called me and attended to me, told me definitely within one week after CNY, they'll come get it fixed.

14) Within the one week after CNY, suddenly, one day, I got a call from Bosch asking me if he can come over now. NO APPOINTMENT FIXED! HE'S COMING OVER NOW! I was speechless. Coincidentally I was at home and in order not to experience further ****, I agreed. Later, this fella replaced my socket.

15) 'Impressed' by Bosch's 'fantastic' service levels, I creatively looked for a senior person to speak to. Luckily, managed to get the head of APAC Customer Service. Explained the whole episode to him. He seemed oblivious that there're such things happening to his organisation. Told me he'll get to the bottom of the matter and get back to me.

16) Days later, the 'supervisor' called. Asked for 2 mins even though I said I was about to start a meeting. I listened. He just wanted to find out whether my case was solved. In the 10mins which we talked, he mentioned quite a few times about Bosch's 85% call pickup rate. MY GOODNESS. He needed 2 mins because all he cared about was whether my case was closed and whether I could reach Bosch hotline 85% of the time! No concern whatsoever about my experience of engaging Bosch customer service. It is no wonder that they have such lousy customer service.

17) Days later, got a mail from the APAC CS head telling me they acknowledge the problems and telling me they will fix them. You guys decide whether we should believe this kind of organisation anymore.

4) Two days later, called again. Repeated whole story. Bosch said, need 7 days to arrange for someone to come. (7 DAYS TO ATTEND TO A CRITICAL CASE OF A FAMILY HAVING NO WASHING MACHINE TO USE, much later when I talked to their APAC CS Head, from his evasive answers, I came to the conclusion that Bosch has no SLA regarding critical cases like failed refrigerators and washing machines).

5) I pleaded for a faster date. The CS said will try. Will get back to me by end of the day. Never did.

6) Called the next day. CS said already arranged 4 days later. Claimed that they tried to call me but couldn't contact me. I didn't get any missed calls, bunch of liars. I asked to speak to the supervisor. Initially refused to hand over even one name. Later refused to give a contact number, kept asking me to call back CS hotline which ALWAYS takes AT LEAST 15 mins to reach ANYONE. Told me the supervisor will contact me back. NEVER DID. Bunch of liars.

7) I asked for a time on the day they're supposed to come service my machine. They seemed surprised and couldn't pinpoint a time range. AMAZING. They expect us to be at home the whole day waiting for them to come. After some bitching, they told me 11am to 2pm.

8) I asked if the problem can be solved on the day itself. Reply was, they'll try their best. I asked whether I can speak to someone technical to explain my case of the spoiled plug. They said person isn't around, will call me back. Never did.

9) I called the next day to hunt down that technical person. Same thing, he'll call me back. Never did. A while later, I called again. Finally got him. Understand my case better and felt more confident that my case can be settled in one day.

10) On the day itself, at 9+am, got a call from Bosch asking me whether he can come over NOW. I told him the appointment time, seemed like it's the first time he knew about it. Complete disconnect between hotline persons and service staff. I later realised that the hotlink service is completely outsourced and is not manned by Bosch people. No wonder they cannot reveal even a single phone number. Complete FUBAR.

11) The fella came over. Fixed the plug. I asked about the damaged socket. He told me he cannot fix it, persuaded me to continue using it "as it looks only slightly damaged on the surface". I was speechless. "If my whole house burned down due to a fire that started from using a damaged socket connected to Bosch's washing machine, I wonder if Bosch will pay me a single cent, or completely shirk responsibility?" I wondered to myself.

13) After emailing the evidence of a burnt socket over, someone from Bosch called me and attended to me, told me definitely within one week after CNY, they'll come get it fixed.

14) Within the one week after CNY, suddenly, one day, I got a call from Bosch asking me if he can come over now. NO APPOINTMENT FIXED! HE'S COMING OVER NOW! I was speechless. Coincidentally I was at home and in order not to experience further ****, I agreed. Later, this fella replaced my socket.

15) 'Impressed' by Bosch's 'fantastic' service levels, I creatively looked for a senior person to speak to. Luckily, managed to get the head of APAC Customer Service. Explained the whole episode to him. He seemed oblivious that there're such things happening to his organisation. Told me he'll get to the bottom of the matter and get back to me.

16) Days later, the 'supervisor' called. Asked for 2 mins even though I said I was about to start a meeting. I listened. He just wanted to find out whether my case was solved. In the 10mins which we talked, he mentioned quite a few times about Bosch's 85% call pickup rate. MY GOODNESS. He needed 2 mins because all he cared about was whether my case was closed and whether I could reach Bosch hotline 85% of the time! No concern whatsoever about my experience of engaging Bosch customer service. It is no wonder that they have such lousy customer service.

17) Days later, got a mail from the APAC CS head telling me they acknowledge the problems and telling me they will fix them. You guys decide whether we should believe this kind of organisation anymore.

I also bought a Bosch thinking it is a top class brand. When it comes to warranty repair, the service people really did not measure up.

Bad impression is when customer care staff do not seem to show any real concern or bother to know what we are complaining about!

Hey guys... guess what? The best way to get serviced by Bosch is really through this website, NOT by calling their pathetic customer service hotline. 5 days after my post, someone from Bosch called me asking about my experience and how they can improve. Hahaha, talking about hindsight actions (马后炮).

These days, posting on the Web gets better service compared to a hotline... shame on you, Bosch.

Yes, I have tried them before too...after-sale services lousy...took at least 5 months to resolve an issue. Try to avoid them in the future.

Oh no, my washer broke down now, going to call the customer service tomorrow morning. Is their customer service improved now? After sales service improved?