Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Atrocious After Sales Service From Bosch - Beware!

Called customer service early in the morning, technician came and diagnosed the problem. Gonna wait for 2nd visit as spare part required. Will update again the status.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

called customer service, they claimed dont have the update about my case. Guess i will be with no washer for long. Anyone can help...... what a pricey washer with so much problem..... if the machine is not reliable, good customer service is acceptable. If machine is reliable, bad service is still acceptable. What if both not good, i pray to God. Paying $$$$ to suffer all these.... Just bcoz i bought a BOSCH.

Edited by Dennis

I have also had many problems with the Bosch after-sales service. They are not responsive and the team that mans their hotline are only trained to give stock answers to your requests. Whatever problems you have that does not fall in easily with their operational process with be brushed aside with their standard replies. When you ask to speak to someone more senior you will be given the run-around and this will drag on for days. Promises to call back are not followed through and you need to keep chasing them. It takes very long to get an appointment scheduled; I was once told to wait 6 weeks to get an appointment for a technician to come to my house to service my washer. The customer service rep also laughed when she saw the date given by their computer system and eventually gave me an appointment 2 weeks later. When you schedule an appointment, be ready to cancel all your other appointments to wait for the technician to show up. Repair costs are high and the whole process of getting your product repaired is aggravating.

As for their products, they are premium-priced but not premium quality. I now avoid anything that has the Bosch name on it as I do not wish to have to deal with their unreliable customer service should I need to have anything serviced or repaired. The company recently had plug safety issues with 7 models of dryers/washer-dryers which they termed as a "health check campaign". Do your homework before committing any money to this brand.

Too bad i didn't come across this thread earlier. Completed my Reno mid last year and decided to go with bosch appliances because of good feedback from people i knew who got their bosch appliances years ago. But I also think their product quality is no longer what it used to be. My top of range bosch dishwasher which is infrequently used had an issue recently. It took one and a half weeks to schedule a technician visit. After his visit...was told they need to check for spare parts. Next day they called me to tell me they didn't have spare parts and it will take 7 to 10 days to arrive. They will then call me once it arrives to then schedule another visit for them to take my dishwasher to their service workshop. I find it disappointing they don't keep spare parts of their newer and top end models. The turn around time for technician visits is also long. It is not what i expected from a so called premium brand. To be fair, the appliances when they work are excellent and the call center and technician were friendly and professional.

Hi all

I specially created account to share my experience w Bosch customer service. Yes, its v bad and i feel so strongly abt it i hv to share.

Will share in depth next time but gist is very unsatisfactory after service. Totally not as claimed on website. It is FULL of hassle.

I am a real customer. Not from other so called brands.

My Washer has problems since Tue and I am in the midst of trying to get it resolved. What a nightmare. I WILL avoid this brand from now on.

After very many phone calls and a lot of waiting.. (they never do call u back... u HAVE to call in or you will never get anything settled)

issue not resolved satisfactorily. I realise they must have a lot alot ALOT of broken appliance such that ALL their staff are out islandwide doing poor repair jobs.

Customer service dept probably bears the brunt, so high turnover rate, no motivation, poor training... whole dept need revamp to live up to their claims on the web.

To Bosch: pls rewrite your webpage that states among other claims '

Quality service you can depend on

Bosch takes care of our customers, providing quality in both our products and service"

Because I am now a very disgruntled EX-customer.

I will not hesitate to dissuade everyone i know from buying your brand henceforth.

Thru my phone calls, I do not sense any urgency to help or any empathy to customers frustration. In fact, all show impatience and v poor at handling customer relations.

When i asked around shops, the sales for Bosch product is higher, however, the sales people in HN, courts of various area said the same thing, their service standard has fallen and they do not have sufficient customer and product support people to support technical issues. The good part is that they are starting to recruit more people to solve these issue.

However, until they solve it, i'm staying away from Bosch, even if i have to pay a bit more for other brands. These kind of issues do not simply vanish overnight. The products are nice, sleek, reasonably price, but all these cannot be the justification for poor service.

Guest Zak Salleh-Chew

I just purchased 5 Bosch appliances. Only paid a refundable deposit. When I heard and read about bosch product defects and service issues, I rang Bosch directly. Explained to them my situation and concern. So the lady knew I was about to buy 5 appliances. She gave me her word and personal guarantee that the customer service will be top notch.

And the product quality issue will be addressed by her product manager to call me asap to assure me. That was 3 weeks ago. I gave them a chance to redeem themselves. Ain't buying Bosch. That's for sure.

As long as everything runs smoothly it will be fine. Understanding how these organisation works and their distributor, I tend to stay clear of them. Hopefully they are able to redeem themselves.

Had bad experience with Bosch 2 years ago too. The Bosch washing machine in our rental place breaks down. Called a few times before managed to talk to anyone. And they said earliest they can send a technician over 3 weeks later! 3 weeks! So in the meantime, we have to bring our clothes to the laundry to wash, not only it is costly, it is a real hassle. We couldnt wait, so called our own technician to have a look, luckily not a major issue and we paid <$100 to have it repaired (cant remember exactly what is the issue).

We just bought a home and I am looking for appliances. Surprisingly, sales from HN and Mega Discount and Best Denki all highly recommend Bosch products over the japanese/ korean brand. I wonder if they pay them much much higher commissions so everyone try to sell their products? I dont have major issue with the brand and products, but their non existent after sales is a real concern for me. trying to find out more about Bosch induction cooker that I am looking at, which sales ppl could not answer, so I wrote an email to Bosch, just to test out their customer service, no reply after many days... Electrolux, on the other hand, replied to my email within a day!!! I am truly impressed with Electrolux customer service, but I have to say for the induction cooker I am looking at, with similar price range, Bosch looks like a better product than Electrolux. so was checking to see if Bosch has improved their after sales service, and found this, so looks like they have not improved after all these years!!! Really not sure which to buy now...

I'm using fisher and paykel induction hob, price is near to Dietrich. You can consider Dietrich or fisher newer model of induction.

I did consider Bosch but i purchase a product with decision skew towards after sales service. If it is poor I rather not purchase it because it is like buying more problem in future.