Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
patsy_sg

Third In Three Years

Hey gf, keep forgetting to take! We're DIY'ing some stuff at the new place so always end up so tired after all the stripping and sanding we forget to take! Will try to do some tomorrow!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Went to Hock Siong cause I saw they had Artemide Tolomeo ceiling lights for sale, got 2 for $400 for the attic bedrooms..... happy!! Also got a solid teak clothes butler from Journey East yesterday.... seems like buying a lot of stuff these days!

newnew.... haha looks can be deceiving! you should have seen us all grimey and dusty today from the stripping and sanding! We've kept 2 of the original wooden doors from the house and are doing them up to be shelves and table for the attic office!

insane, Harrods and Selfridges have them. If you're going to Spain/France/Italy, they can be cheaper there too due to the Euro conversion..... the capsules are much cheaper too!

Yeah, definitely good! Was in Europe on holidays last July and the sales were really good!!

BTW, this is what we hope to achieve for the work desk using a door Study table

The hole where the handle used to be will be to run cables up and down. Hope it turns out well.

Yeah, definitely good! Was in Europe on holidays last July and the sales were really good!!

BTW, this is what we hope to achieve for the work desk using a door Study table

The hole where the handle used to be will be to run cables up and down. Hope it turns out well.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

wah! cool!

if time permits may travel to france/italy over the weekends, but quite rush lei?

quite rush is relative, depends on what you are in England for, where in England you will be based (i.e. London? accessible to major airports?) if you've been there before, and what you want to do when you get to France/Italy.

Say you are there for work in London, finish up at 5 pm on the Friday, you can take the train from Waterloo station into Paris (check schedules though, haven't done this in a while). If you're not in London, there are loads of cheap flights (Ryanair, BMI baby etc) you can take but not sure if they fly from an airport nearby where you are and into an airport in the city you would like to go to.

If you've not been in England before, there are loads of interesting (again that's relative) places to go there, footy fan? The National Gallery, Royal V&A museums in London would occupy your whole weekend if you're the arty type. British Museum too.

PM me if you want to discuss further!

I am supposed to go Europe in July with my second son who is graduating, but last minute he told me his classmates are not going as they are all starting work immediately after graduation in June. So, there goes my Europe tour and I join my friend to China instead.

Hey babe, happen to read abt wat happen to u and ur hubby in the other thread.

Hope both of u are recovering well!

Both of u are so brave ( and yes abit silly!) to even step inside..

when my parquet was varnished the other time, i couldnt even go near the main door without tearing.

I guessed the urge to check everything overcame that fumes.

Anyway, congrats on moving in later!

thanks girlfriend! we're both better, though he's still a bit weak, so me and helper had to do most of the moving ourselves.

we've moved in, sleeping amidst boxes of stuff, coz not all carpentry is finished so can't unpack yet. Told hb since this is the last time I'm moving for a long time (famous last words I know), I'll unpack slowly this time.