Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleek

Our 2Nd Home Slightly Further West

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thank you all for taking the time to come in and warmly welcome me back good.gif It feels abit lonely with all the many new faces around huh.gif

Congrats! U must be looking forward to the changes... shall be stalking ur blog for updates.

Congrats Sleek!! Its been a while I didn't log in to your blog.. Looks like the reno is progressing well..& lets hope it will, till the end aite.

I just read about your 1st crazy buyer...*sigh* I know how stress you must have feel during that time. We had been thru almost the same like you..buyer threaten to cancel just bcos we didn't let them come over to do their FS audit and even got the WILD idea of saying mayb we owned AH LONG! Such a stupid_crazy_idiot couple. But its ok laaaa..."what goes around, comes around" they will soon face a worse attitude buyer..worse than them...that is my prayer for them

I love your 3D master bedroom..& like adidaem..I shall stalk your blog for updates

If possible, we intend to serve her a nice letter after my reno is done and we have moved in, just in time for CNY laugh.gif The master bedroom sleeping area is the only 3D worth showing with the WOW factor and earlier tonight we have just spoken to our reno guy about it, where I showed him 3Ds shared by other people on the forum from their contractors, not even ID and he shared with me that the company needs to do something about their 3D artist but it's hard to find a better one.

Wow sleek!, hack hack hack. Love the space!

Reiki, thanks :) hahaha but I will be building walls back up, not feasible to have an open concept house with my 2 rascals running amok and my mum living with us.

Hi Sleek,

Glad to see that your buyer saga has ended and nice to have you back!

All the best for your reno!

hope all is well for your side knownothing!

Good luck with your reno!! Can't wait to see the wardrobes!!

Earlier tonight we just discussed some tweaks to space planning so we can fully maximize the space for the WIW yeah.gif

Great to see that all well ends well:) Great to have u back...

thanks friends and i hope everything continues to go well from now till we can move in too! hope all is well with you smile.gif

Hi sleek, I see your Reno is progressing well. I must say that your kitchen is absolutely cavernous! The 5As should've been the de facto standard for 5 rooms - loads of space. And that equally enormous hall space... If only all 5 rooms are built like that. Sigh. Looking forward to seeing the final result.

Hi sleek, I see your Reno is progressing well. I must say that your kitchen is absolutely cavernous! The 5As should've been the de facto standard for 5 rooms - loads of space. And that equally enormous hall space... If only all 5 rooms are built like that. Sigh. Looking forward to seeing the final result.

thanks mrdisco, still early days la for the reno, haha fingers and toes crossed though :) the kitchen is an ok size in comparison to the whole house but definitely much bigger than the kitchens of newer flats - as is the overall house. I think there are many screwed up people in HDB cos the A is not a 100% guarantee that the place is bigger than another in the same genre of a different notation. Eg. My current place is 3NG but is one of the bigger flats you can find for 3room flats, even in comparison to the As and some 4 rooms! We definitely appreciate and deliberately searched out for such a 5 room on the bigger end due to our current place being on the bigger end. sport-smiley-004.gif

We rented a car for the day to run errands for the new house

1. visit some completed homes,

2. buy boxes of drinks for the workers,

3. look for a wash basin for the master bathroom. I'm astounded that looking for a basin is the most difficult decision I cannot make so far!,

4. went to a light shop recommended by the reno guy but we decided it would be best for him to go with us so he can advise us if what we like would be suitable.

We discovered that the very first owners overlaid the marble tiles over the original tiles and now I have a huge step up from the main door balcony area to living room and step down from living room area to kitchen! It made me think of hacking up everything and doing new tiles but that was just a passing thought in frustration, lol it would be way too much work + $$$ as the hacking and removal has been completed plus I won't be able to keep the carpentry in bedroom 3. ohmy.gif

Nothing much else happening at the place except an older guy was cementing up my master toilet. I wonder if he will work tomorrow too, it's quiet work so the neighbours won't be disturbed and shouldn't have anything to complain about.

As our place is the only place that has been transacted in this block since the start of the year, the aunty internet has been heating up and we can feel them staring at us whenever we pass by since they seem to know each other very well. unsure.gif

82sqm for a 3 room flat is not bad at all! Was that a corner? The only one trumping that might be the 3 rooms at kampong arang (103-104 sqm). I remember viewing a 135sqm 4 room there... Insanely spacious but it was a corridor unit - can't deal with that. Talking about 5As, the units at Kent road and jalan rajah are equally gigantic too - about the same size as yours and blessed with loads of windows. Anyway, transforming an old place is always an incredible endeavour - mine will starting soon so I'll find out... Hope to see more pics of your reno.

82sqm for a 3 room flat is not bad at all! Was that a corner? The only one trumping that might be the 3 rooms at kampong arang (103-104 sqm). I remember viewing a 135sqm 4 room there... Insanely spacious but it was a corridor unit - can't deal with that. Talking about 5As, the units at Kent road and jalan rajah are equally gigantic too - about the same size as yours and blessed with loads of windows. Anyway, transforming an old place is always an incredible endeavour - mine will starting soon so I'll find out... Hope to see more pics of your reno.

yes it is a corner, we're still living here now, has a different layout from the usual 3 room too. we really love this place but since we need more space we have to move out. dunno.gif Wah kamong arang 3rooms are huge, that's the size of the 20+ year old 4As and new 5room flats. I hope to have more photos to post, hahah but it's quite tedious to get to especially with 2 young ones so we only go sporadically. Good luck with your reno !

Your 3 room's at sunset way - that's one of the choice locations for a number of people these days. We looked at several EMs there but the prices were never right! Serene and leafy place though.

Yes, i've got 2 kids as well and they're a handful ( or perhaps four hands full!). I totally understand.

Forgot to update that we bought our hansgrohe rainshower with PPS 25% discount sometime in the past two weeks. With having to meet the reno guy for frequent discussions and trying to shop for items between the hb's business trips, the days just keep blurring into each other. We got one of their recommended plumbers to check our water pressure before purchase.

Raindance Showerpipe 180 Single Lever Mixer EcoSmart with 460mm shower arm, DN15,

315hpa00177.jpg

We also bought the PuraVida 150 3jet Hand Shower DN15, to use instead of the one that comes with the rainshower

315hpa00283.jpg

I'm still undecided on the master bathroom wash basin so have not purchased a faucet but to make it easier, it may be hansgrohe.

My mother chose from KHK Asia, a kohler wall mounted basin and the $328 kohler package of their July range of shower mixer, basin mixer and 80cm adjustable slide bar, soap dish and slide shower bracket.

img0003sf.jpg

We also ordered a Philips 46 inch PFL8605 LED TV from Audio House on Sunday, can't find info on the web as the info is all for the 3D ready, made in europe version. Our requirements are simple; 46 inches, reasonably priced, no need 3D, no need smart TV. We were initially set on Samsung but due to our preferences, the salesman recommended the Philips we bought. We've been contemplating on bringing our current set over (however it is 4 years old and we have used the 5 year extended warranty every year due to problems) or getting a new one. We were egged on by a certain someone on Saturday and decided to take the plunge, but sorry we disappoint since it's not 52 inches

Your 3 room's at sunset way - that's one of the choice locations for a number of people these days. We looked at several EMs there but the prices were never right! Serene and leafy place though.

Yes, i've got 2 kids as well and they're a handful ( or perhaps four hands full!). I totally understand.

Yeah, we really love it here and also wish to upgrade to another place in sunset way but we can't afford it and even if we can, it's just too much money to plonk down on a hdb flat. I'm still not looking forward to moving away from such a convenient and beautiful location. rolleyes.gif

Edited by sleek

Congrats on your start of Reno! Your master bedroom 3d is so lux and posh! All the best for your Reno!!

I also got some of my sanitary stuff from khk with the kohler stuff!

Edited by joyousonline

img0074yq.jpg

Went up to view the tiling on Wed night but only the kitchen tiles were done due to changes and requests to both toilets we made on Monday. Will be going again this coming Monday to discuss the electrical plans with the electrician and reno guy and hopefully have more to update then. The kitchen tiles look well laid without big gaps between them even though our whole house is slanted and the walls are curvy.

With my hb out of town yet again rolleyes.gif, my mum and I decided last minute to head down with the boys to Adamas Balestier yesterday evening to finalize our purchases of our toilet bowls and other accessories.

This is my master toilet wash basin set. I eventually chose this basin as I wanted a bigger and evenly deeper one and after going to a couple of other shops, I just decided to buy everything from this shop. I decided to go for a BauLoop Grohe tap so that I can test both brands out and know which one will be a better purchase in future, hahah!

img0075hj.jpg

For the master toilet, we bought the TOTO OMNI CW868. For the common toilet, my mum stuck with the TOTO AVANTE CW821 and we also ordered 2 hand held sprays. Last items were a Joven 35 25 liter storage water heater and an instant heater.

Edited by sleek

After 3 weeks of renovation and some delays due to changes and requests we made after reno started, the following has been done. Our entire master toilet tiles, common toilet floor tiles, kitchen floor tiles and balcony floor tiles.

img0081u.jpgimg0084fq.jpg

Toilet feature wall at shower area and custom-made tiled toiletry shelves. Reno guy says the tiled toiletry shelves is alot of hard work and doesn't want to show his future clients jawdrop.gif

img0036glw.jpgimg0088kxx.jpg

Balcony floor tile and Tiling of balcony floor

Edited by sleek

Hollow block wall for master sleeping area, master toilet extension and half wall between kitchen and living room has been built up. Electrical, LAN and aircon trunking and wiring are all fixed. Window grilles were removed during the initial hacking stage and now the windows have been removed too.

img0086gg.jpgimg0087qe.jpgimg0089se.jpg

Left to right, top to bottom

1. Windows went up sometime last weekend (22 -23 Oct).

2. False ceiling going up sometime this week (24 -28 Oct)

img0158uvc.jpg

Lights light and more lights!

1. Main entrance light

2. Dining table light

3. WIW light

All with Swarvoski crystals purchased from V-Lux Lighting at Geylang, recommended by and with discount from reno guy's.

They were too pretty to resist! wub.gif

img0159uu.jpg

All Philips lights purchased from Lightings.com.sg Philips showroom in Geylang

1. Philips FBG305 downlight

2. Philips Ecomoods 32082 for kitchen ceiling

3. Philips Aquafit 32081 for bedroom 2 and 3 ceiling

img0161y.jpg

1. Philips QPG311 Room Styler suspension lamp for walkway to bedrooms.

2. Philips Ledino 69096 for main entrance feature wall

3. Toilets and storeroom ceiling light from Chelsea Lighting in Jurong East

4. Thick thick aircon trunking running in my master bedroom.

img0163md.jpg

We went by today and our expensive main entrance feature wall is finally up. We will install a water feature at the base of the feature wall and have a settee-shoe cabinet along the wall under the windows, hope it turns out nice.

Left to right, top to bottom

1/2. Feature wall & big big cans of ICI paints

3. View from kitchen to living room, still undecided what to do with the window of the half wall at the kitchen entrance.

4. View from main door of living room to bedrooms, can see part of the living room cove box.

img0030xhw.jpg

They have cleaned up the messy dirty horrible floor in the whole house over the weekend and painting has started. There was a lone Malay uncle in the house today painting, we were surprised to see him there.

1. View from master toilet to WIW-study area. I think we're not going to have a toilet door as we feel it will spoil the effect of the nicely tiled toilet.

2. My expensive master toilet feature tiles, trying to capture the sparkly effect but it doesnt seem to come through on the picture

3. View from master WIW to windows of sleeping area.

4. View from WIW to sleeping area.

img0031lyv.jpg