Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lobo76

When Should I Start Looking For Id?

I am probably only getting my flat in September/October. At which time should I be looking very hard to confirm my ID?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My Punggol New BTO collected on Sep also! :sport-smiley-018: Start to get sort for Quotation tomor!Darwin,Ideal Design,Unimax any Comments or good I.D recommend ?? :notti:

I am probably only getting my flat in September/October. At which time should I be looking very hard to confirm my ID?

Early July. 1mth before doing reno, u should be looking very hard to confirm ID. :yamseng:

after you confirm the contract, the ID will need about 2-3weeks to come up with the 3D drawings. 1 more week for editions and revisions. 1 more week for finalizer quote based on 3D drawings. Work should be able to start the following week. So minimum is 1mth before start of reno.

My Punggol New BTO collected on Sep also! :sport-smiley-018: Start to get sort for Quotation tomor!Darwin,Ideal Design,Unimax any Comments or good I.D recommend ?? :notti:

Mine Punggol too :rolleyes:

Hi there, im currently renovating my standard 4 room at punggol too.. You can try to ask my ID for a quotation.. He is doing about 6-7 units at my area.. He is very responsive and so far my reno going well..

Hi there, im currently renovating my standard 4 room at punggol too.. You can try to ask my ID for a quotation.. He is doing about 6-7 units at my area.. He is very responsive and so far my reno going well..

Hi PunggolNewbie,

Who is your ID :notti:

Visit about 10IDs to get their sense of recommendation. If your requirement is just for your house to be modern, then no problem. All IDs can do this design as it's the most common design done by IDs. If you want some of the more unusual designs like contemporary bold, country style, victorian, retro etc, you'll need to look for more IDs to get more ideas from diff IDs.

Most of them wouldn't be giving you any 3D drawings till you at least pay for the 3D drawings which is usually around 1k on average for about 6-8 pictures.

If you feel you are quite design savvy, you can go straight to a contractor to do for you but you should still have other quotations to compare and know that you are not getting chopped.

Watch out for tiling and carpentry items, these are where the most gravvy is for IDs. Break down the prices into a per ft or per sq ft basis then you can compare better between different IDs.

after you confirm the contract, the ID will need about 2-3weeks to come up with the 3D drawings. 1 more week for editions and revisions. 1 more week for finalizer quote based on 3D drawings. Work should be able to start the following week. So minimum is 1mth before start of reno.

so drawings alone will take up to 3 weeks? what about colours and materials? so 2 months is it ok?