Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
schiz0id

Toilet Problem

And talking about NW facing flats, I'm surprised that the fengshui master recommended that. NW flats could be easily bought becox many HDB flats, especially the relatively newer ones have such facing. Not that popular with the Chinese in particular.

Edenstrauss,

I was also very surprised when he suggested NW. From what I know, it suggests NW wind - something not favoured by many Chinese. But he says it's based on my dad and the whole family's bazi i guess.

Sadly, in our househunting, not many houses have NW-facing main doors. We encountered many S or SE ones.

Still waiting patiently for the right one to come along...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If we draw the 9-grid square for Type D houses, the toilet did not occupy the whole sector of the centre grid. There is still walkway in the centre of the house. So, still not completely 'finish yet'.

e9wt_73a_uc4it.jpg

Wow, fast hand fast leg. How come the Private Enclosed Space on the top disappeared?

Penthouse with 2 storeys(Say P3), each storey with different layout and floor area, which layout should be used to draw the 9 grids?

Edited by bepgof

Next question you should ask your FSM is whether the Main Door, Bedroom and Kitchen of your shortlisted flat are in the correct beneficial sectors of the house which is more than important than the toilet!!

Mae,

The rooms and kitchen seems to be the least of our problems so far. He's looking at things that can't be changed like toilets and rubbish chute. I'm not sure which school he subscribes to but whatever he practises seems to give us roadblocks all the time.

After 3 months, i'm still trying to keep my sanity in check.... :P

The rooms and kitchen seems to be the least of our problems so far. He's looking at things that can't be changed like toilets and rubbish chute. I'm not sure which school he subscribes to but whatever he practises seems to give us roadblocks all the time.

Dirty old man pays attention to "dirty" things?

Dirty old man pays attention to "dirty" things?

Haha to be fair to him he ain't a "dirty old man" lah..

I suppose he sees these things that are fixed. We asked him previously abt shifting the toilet bowl position but he says it isn't of much use cos the pipes will still be there.

UOB has withdrwn an lawsuit against HK fsm 陈振聪 who bought a plot of land in Sentosa (monthly instalment=SGD68,000) :sport-smiley-003: buy house yet to be built within certain timing. You know what he said: Have to see neighbours' houses first then he can decide WHAT to built! Tokong!

UOB should know better than to sue him because fengshui beliefs & practices are deeply entrenched into the Hong-Konger's daily lifestyle & cultures. They believe in fengshui; Just look at those HK TV stars!

By the way, UOB also have their own fengshui master :P

Edenstrauss,

I was also very surprised when he suggested NW. From what I know, it suggests NW wind - something not favoured by many Chinese. But he says it's based on my dad and the whole family's bazi i guess.

Sadly, in our househunting, not many houses have NW-facing main doors. We encountered many S or SE ones.

Still waiting patiently for the right one to come along...

It really depends on which estates u r looking at. Over at Bukit Batok, Choa Chu Kang, Pasir Ris, there are many many flats with main doors facing NW.

The same goes for flats in Punggol & Seng Kang. Hougang 900 series should also have flats with main doors facing NW but with odd layouts e.g. kitchen facing main door - don't buy that type of flat becox they call it "piercing the heart house".

In fact, some of my relatives in Punggol had their main doors facing NW and the verdict is that their luck cycle isn't fantastic after they shifted into those flats. Their toilets aren't built in the centre of their homes though... So most of them are putting the blame on the NW theory proposed by the superstitious generation.

If u really want a flat with main doors facing NW, u'll have to go for relatively newer flats. U should be able to get one very easily.

When your master told u that the flats which u were shortlisting were strong in YIN energy, are u aware that flats with main doors facing directions which had a North in it e.g. NW, NE, etc are strong in attracting YIN energies?

As such, no matter how u select your flats, so long as the mouth of the Qi comes from the Northen type of sectors, it'll be strong in YIN energies.

After bepgof explained to me a couple of times about the type of winds from N & SW, I started to observe & detect that there is indeed a difference in the quality of breeze & winds coming from different directions.

Those with an Northen element in it has a sort of piercing cold sensation to it; meaning that the winds could be freezing us up at the end of the year & we do not require any aircon or fans turned on. As for SW's winds, we get them from those mini windows in our bedrooms & it's as good as not having them. so cannot comment much on the SW winds.

However, the eastern sector & SE winds are really good. breezy & nice. And both bedrooms are brightly lit up with natural lighting, feels good to me :)

Edited by edenstrauss

If we draw the 9-grid square for Type D houses, the toilet did not occupy the whole sector of the centre grid. There is still walkway in the centre of the house. So, still not completely 'finish yet'.

e9wt_73a_uc4it.jpg

So do you mean that so long the toilet is not the only one in the centre square then should be okay? actually for me, the center square is half belong to both toilet half to living room where my altar is.

When your master told u that the flats which u were shortlisting were strong in YIN energy, are u aware that flats with main doors facing directions which had a North in it e.g. NW, NE, etc are strong in attracting YIN energies?

Wow, I sure didn't know that.

Interesting thing to take note. Thanks.

I'm not very widely-read in terms of fengshui. Looks like i need to start reading.

I suppose he sees these things that are fixed. We asked him previously abt shifting the toilet bowl position but he says it isn't of much use cos the pipes will still be there.

Tiolet bowl can be shifted one meh? Like that the waste stack must be shifted too liao. Can change from squat to sit type and vice versa.

piko asked if there is any cure to his flat if the toilet is at the centre of his home.

Anybody knows if there is a cure to it?

Based on wu xing:

east=wood

south= fire

west=metal

north=water

center=earth

The fsm stresses NW = 金水= owner's bazi requires metal & water elements.

Can't see pitfall of tiolet being at "center" = 土. All come from 土 and heaven, go into mouth, processed, and back to 土 and heaven (evaporation), very logicall leh, nothing wrong.

About yin & yang. According to book of change (I-ching): thing change every split seconds, 阳极阴生,一件事物到了极点,就要走下坡路了. Look at the 3 爻 of the bagua, or 6 爻 of the 64 卦, are all about yin and yang changes and combination.

Yang gets weak and yin grows, when yin grows to an extend and change to 少阳 then 老阳, 老阳 - 少阴- 老阴. It is always in a loop. NW receives cold winds from nov~feb, SE receives warm winds from may~aug, etc etc. Close the door will have no winds liao, got it? It's all depend on human!.

About yin & yang. According to book of change (I-ching): thing change every split seconds, 阳极阴生,一件事物到了极点,就要走下坡路了. Look at the 3 爻 of the bagua, or 6 爻 of the 64 卦, are all about yin and yang changes and combination.

Yang gets weak and yin grows, when yin grows to an extend and change to 少阳 then 老阳, 老阳 - 少阴- 老阴. It is always in a loop. NW receives cold winds from nov~feb, SE receives warm winds from may~aug, etc etc. Close the door will have no winds liao, got it? It's all depend on human!.

eh but the living room area wouldn't be ventilated leh... Can create other problems when people stay in poorly ventilated flats - can cause depression.

I have to tell u that over at our place, many units have their own fair share of "strange" encounters. Including those units which had a south-west door entrance. But the lifts at our block are facing the North-west direction.

So according to Joey Yap's interpretation, the Qi that the residents are tapping on comes from the NW source.

Like it or not, we are hearing dragging noises & stomping sounds on & off from the unit that's directly above us. Every night either at 9.30pm sharp or at about 11+.

And the "best" part is that, the unit is undergoing renovation right now & the gate is chained up with a huge padlock on the exterior. The ID told us that there is nobody in the flat because there is totally no electricity, no lighting & the owners have confirmed that they only visit the flat during weekends.

The noise started only during the 2nd nite after the tiles were hacked out. We always wondered how come the owners don't stay on long in the flat. Our place is only 16 years old & this current one whose renovating the flat is the 5th or 6th owner already.

Edited by edenstrauss

And to add on, we heard from several tenants and friends of neighbours who rented a particular unit (main door facing south-west) that the common complaint was hauntings in the kitchen & living room during wee hours of the morning.

The complaints were the same stuff even though these tenants & friends didn't know one another.

The current unit is bought over by a couple who were china-nationals turned SPR. They were friendly when they first shifted in, then, right now, they ignored everybody & pulled a bad face at anyone. wierd people.