Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zorae

Our Journey

Hi everyone. I've been a silent reader for quite some time now but I can't sleep 'cuz it's my first appointment at HDB tomorrow! Figured that I'll make my time more useful in (finally) starting a t-Blog. First things first, my floorplan (rather like a norm, isn't it?)

housevl.png

It's located somewhere in the 'tomato', low-level, stair unit and somewhere near a private estate so I get the peace and quiet. Oddly, I fell in love with the place despite my initial wants of a high-level and corner unit. My kitchen/utility windows overlook a park on a small hill so I have 'kao shan' haha.

Been drawing up some layouts based on everyone's comments in other t-Blogs but not quite done yet so I'll post them later on. Pictures of the 'old' house will come tomorrow as I've requested to go to the house after the appointment at HDB. Didn't take ANY pictures at all previously. Silly me.

Oh yes, the next common question. Valuation 415k, COV 15k :P

Edited by zorae

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Been thinking a lot on the layout of the house. My other half doesn't have serious views on the layout except for some nitty gritty details so I'm rather lucky for most part (a bit unlucky because he doesn't help to think :bangwall: )

photoecc.jpg

No idea how to furnish the other 2 bedrooms yet as it'd be only the 2 of us for the beginning few years of moving in. And you'd realise that I'm darned old-school. Can't find a easy-enough home planner so resorted to drawing it out.

Edited by zorae

Welcome to RT!

Tomato town is my fav place!

I can roughly guess where u r located since u mention u have a kao Shan! ;)

Waiting for photos!

It's located somewhere in the 'tomato', low-level, stair unit and somewhere near a private estate so I get the peace and quiet. Oddly, I fell in love with the place despite my initial wants of a high-level and corner unit. My kitchen/utility windows overlook a park on a small hill so I have 'kao shan' haha.

Been drawing up some layouts based on everyone's comments in other t-Blogs but not quite done yet so I'll post them later on. Pictures of the 'old' house will come tomorrow as I've requested to go to the house after the appointment at HDB. Didn't take ANY pictures at all previously. Silly me.

Oh yes, the next common question. Valuation 415k, COV 15k :P

Where is the "tomato"???

The total cost of the flat is similar to mine, except that my COV is almost double of yours!

thanks for the warm welcome!

shouldn't you be sleeping already? or just as :sport-smiley-004: as me haha

Me still working... :(

Edited by jaskel

Where is the "tomato"???

The total cost of the flat is similar to mine, except that my COV is almost double of yours!

Ang Mo Kio?!! haha...

Updates!

I went to the flat with a contractor for accurate measurements and to take pictures. Decided against getting an ID as it'd be the same as what I've seen here :D Besides, the contractor we're engaging is an old-time friend/neighbour.

I forgot to take pictures of the living room, partly because there's someone who kept glaring at me while carrying a cute baby from the living room. No idea who that was but it was definitely not one of the sellers. Tenant maybe?

Kitchen (from the living room)

kitchenview1.jpg

Kitchen (from the utility room)

kitchenview2.jpg

There are 3 sinks in the kitchen and 1 more in the adjoining toilet. Total of 4 sinks within a 3m2 area :jawdrop:

Funny that the sellers use the bamboo sticks and the utility room for drying clothes.... how many clothes do they have??

Edited by zorae

MBR (from the door)

mbrtv.jpg

mbrdresser.jpg

Bedroom 2 (the one beside the MBR)

bedroom2r.jpg

Bedroom 3

bedroom3i.jpg

Doors

doorzl.jpg

Gonna change the whole orientation of the MBR because the toilet door cannot face the bed. The toilet door has been moved closer to the windows by the sellers but now got to shift the door back to the original place. Room door will be moved to the other side of the wall.

Bedrooms 2 and 3 appears to be used as storage from what I see. The doors of all bedrooms and store room have this chinese-style carvings. Very ex according to the contractor but it'd go. (yucks)

Edited by zorae

MBR toilet

toiletmbr.jpg

Common toilet

toiletcommon.jpg

The toilets are really small. Initially wanted to place a shower screen in my future toilets but not possible liao. The pipes are in the way and will make the shower space really small.

Edited by zorae

Living, bedroom floor tiles

livingtiles.jpg

Kitchen wall tiles

kitchentiles.jpg

Kitchen floor tiles

kitchenfloortiles.jpg

Toilet floor tiles

bathtiles.jpg

Kitchen floor and toilet floor tiles are the same. Not gonna keep the tiles as they are the rough and easy-to-trap-dirt type of tiles. Just look at the toilet tiles :o

Walls for the whole house is done the rock-wall style. :bangwall: added costs to plaster over them

Edited by zorae

Welcome to RT! Good luck on your 1st appt :yamseng:

Didn't go too well :unsure:

We're applying for the flat and grants under fiance/fiancee scheme and didn't know that we had to produce 'evidence' that we're planning to get married. Got to move our ROM date from Nov to Sept so that I had something to give them.