Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jjk

Is This Plant Good/Bad For Feng Shui?

Hi,

Is this plant (the Mother-in-Law's Tongue) plant good or bad for FS?

My direct facing neighbour (our main doors face each other) has this plant placed against the parapet in between our 2 units.

So I'm wondering if it's ok for FS and if not, why and what sort of cures are available for it?

My husband actually quite like the looks of the plant and wants to get some for inside the home...not sure if it's advisable?

I have a pic of the plant, but I haven't figured out how to upload pics. hehs...

Thanks for any advise! :yamseng::sport-smiley-018:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

My direct facing neighbour (our main doors face each other) has this plant placed against the parapet in between our 2 units.

So I'm wondering if it's ok for FS and if not, why and what sort of cures are available for it?

My husband actually quite like the looks of the plant and wants to get some for inside the home...not sure if it's advisable?

I have a pic of the plant, but I haven't figured out how to upload pics. hehs...

If you can put the pic better. Anyway, the sound of MIL so hostile....hmmm

Hi,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/miltongue.jpg/

MIL's tongue is also called snake plant. Is one of the "succulent plants"= juicy plant . Scientific chinese name called: 金边虎尾兰. Propagation by offshoot, semi full sunlight (20-30% shading), keep soil moist, never dry out but avoid soaking. High temperature (25-35 deg C), soil with good water retention.

The "juice" is poison, caused iritation to skin....this plant has ordinary horticultural value, therefore no recommended to put in house.

The "cure" to plants which you don't like: a day a bit of soap water to soil.

Mother-in-law's chair is preferred for fs. It is a plant, anyone knows what it is? Wife used to ask my 2 kids while young, to "sit" on it as punishment.

Edited by bepgof

The "cure" to plants which you don't like: a day a bit of soap water to soil.

That's the best 'CURE':lol:

Edited by mae29

This is the Mother i law's chair, cannot be sitted.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/milchair.jpg/

picture #128.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/largenumberofbarrelcact.jpg/

I used to have a MIL's chair with diameter of 14 inch, at balcony's planter for strong sunlight. Gave to relatives with some miniture fruit trees when move to HDB where has only partial morning sun.

Can't we simply call cactus? Isn't that bad Feng Shui?

I am very "seow" abt cactus/cacti. Have quite several books on this.

The suculent plant has the morphologies features of standard plant, yet its root, stems or leaves are swollen. hat is why it can store a great qty of water and withstand drought.

In a broad sense, cacti belong to succulent plants. In a narrower sense, however, cacti are excluded. Cacti is distinctive for the presence of areoles. Some of other succulents, eg Euphor-biaceae, Didiereaceae, Apocynaceae, Asclepiadaceae, Agavaceae, may bear thorns/spines, but the thorns/spines are part of the epidermis and do not grow out of areoles.

According to WHO??? Those cacti with thorns/spines are "good cures" for "arrows", "blade", Shas, spirits and snakes. I grew them for horticultural purpose, very enjoy.

I am very "seow" abt cactus/cacti. Have quite several books on this.

The suculent plant has the morphologies features of standard plant, yet its root, stems or leaves are swollen. hat is why it can store a great qty of water and withstand drought.

In a broad sense, cacti belong to succulent plants. In a narrower sense, however, cacti are excluded. Cacti is distinctive for the presence of areoles. Some of other succulents, eg Euphor-biaceae, Didiereaceae, Apocynaceae, Asclepiadaceae, Agavaceae, may bear thorns/spines, but the thorns/spines are part of the epidermis and do not grow out of areoles.

According to WHO??? Those cacti with thorns/spines are "good cures" for "arrows", "blade", Shas, spirits and snakes. I grew them for horticultural purpose, very enjoy.

To each his own favorite! Just like my father's special interest in bonzai.

Alot of feng shui books and magazines also talked about cactus. You mean you have other feng shui theory?

Alot of feng shui books and magazines also talked about cactus. You mean you have other feng shui theory?

Of course bepgof got other theory !!

So cacti good for FS right? I culativated cacti are for "hobby" not for fs. Only "angmoh" books or web mentioned cacti as "cures" for arrow, blade....ancient chinese fs scripts mentioned no "cacti" but got mentioned: "shu da chow feng".= Big trees "invite" wind, same as angmoh's "honey attracts bees".

Tip: To keep cacti in local climate, best maintain "neck"(portion between above & underneath soil)of cacti dry by putting some small pebble around the "neck". Use NPK solution as food. Dormant period ~ Octber to Jan (lessen watering interval)ok?

So cacti good for FS right? I culativated cacti are for "hobby" not for fs. Only "angmoh" books or web mentioned cacti as "cures" for arrow, blade....ancient chinese fs scripts mentioned no "cacti" but got mentioned: "shu da chow feng".= Big trees "invite" wind, same as angmoh's "honey attracts bees".

Tip: To keep cacti in local climate, best maintain "neck"(portion between above & underneath soil)of cacti dry by putting some small pebble around the "neck". Use NPK solution as food. Dormant period ~ Octber to Jan (lessen watering interval)ok?

For feng shui , any particular place to put.

For feng shui , any particular place to put.

Do right first: Put plants at right place for its survival, not put at "place for FS".

Unless it is artificial type, then anywhere as one deems fit.

Anyway, only a few "places" to put potted plants in HDB/apartment environment: Door entrance, windows edges, balcony....can put on floor, table, nail/hang onto wall, ceiling drop-down.....

Do right first: Put plants at right place for its survival, not put at "place for FS".

Unless it is artificial type, then anywhere as one deems fit.

Anyway, only a few "places" to put potted plants in HDB/apartment environment: Door entrance, windows edges, balcony....can put on floor, table, nail/hang onto wall, ceiling drop-down.....

You don't seem to be a believer in feng shui, so your advise is base on what? Logic?

You don't seem to be a believer in feng shui, so your advise is base on what? Logic?

A few have prompted me this question.

Geomancy deals with laws of mother natures ONLY, no more and no less.

No quick fix, no magic, no involve of super-natural powers, no religion beliefs practices, no rituals, no superstitions, no pang tang......

I've mentioned earlier, I cultivated cacti not for fs reasons but for horticultural reasons.

If family members don't like plants and if often lead to quarrels, then forget about plants, or unless you can change their mind to become love the plant after sometime then go ahead. Cultivating plant is merely a hobby. Of course there are many pros of a "good hobby".

One best to understand these laws, follow them, "utilise" them to help maximise ones' goals. Sound simple right? Simple does not mean easy.

Everyday we're dealing with laws of mother nature every moment.

- don't do this, will get that. Effects may take time to surface.

- do this will get that. Effect may take time to surface.

- We're subjected to gravitional force, why take stone to throw at one's feet?

- Why put something heavy on top of where we use to sleep? Effect?

- Why spent more than one could earn? Effect?

etc etc...

These are laws of mother nature.