Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bluesummerayz

My Woodlands Den Raaaawwwrrr

+ how much was your windows? can recommend your contractor?

hmmm post #31? Costs me about $3.5k windows and grilles

Windows Installation by Tay Boon Tat Renovate Contractors

I had all my window panes and grilles changed and engaged Tay Boon Tat to do that job. I requested my ID to quote me on this, and on the side I went to rummage through renotalk and found a post which the guy chose Tay Boon Tat but their rates are reasonable. So I contacted them myself and got a quote. Indeed their prices are lower than what my ID quoted me, even can give me a discount after I confirmed on the grilles designs and type of windows.

The sales guy involved in this project was Andrew Lim and he was very polite and knowledgeable. He took the time to go on site to check out the windows, pointed out areas which require some attention and decision, came to my house to show me the designs, came to my office to collect the 50% payment when I told him I wasn't able to meet at the site. Throughout the installation process, he kept me updated constantly without my prompting, which I really appreciate. Most of the windows were replaced in the house, except for the common toilet lourve window, the lourve window in the kitchen/service balcony area. There was also a fixed window at the service balcony, and he was patient and understanding enough to wait until the hdb grilles outside the window gets painted before sending his guy to install the window yesterday. Paid him the balance only after that. In case you need his services or quotes, you can reach him at 9380 9187. Again I am not related to him or the company and bear in mind I only did 2 comparisons of quotes. To me, his service attitude and sense of ownership came in tops. If you been reading my blogs, you will agree with me on this point!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh u did? That's d true-blue account of my written...nothing further fm d truth all my honourable readers :)

Yes pretty frustrating, ESP wen d authority cannot do anything bout it! Guess the only prob out is to get out quickly which m doing so lor :)

My new living is a 3 rm hdb...n yes this's d best I'm allowed to own after 3 failed bto tries over last 6 yrs n oso after hdb's disallowance of continuing my rental lease in 2012.

Clementi flats r of extortionate pricing...pretty absurb at d expenses of many who shared same financial plight as me. I got to move into here @ punggol without any available choices thus. No complains since got a nice unit n so far all things running gd. However can't really say 'boh prob' till d time I shifted in lor :) sometime in mid jul I guess

wth .... 3 failed bto tries? what the gvt is doing man.. dunno what the world is coming to, IDs playing with people's lives, or gvt playing with people's lives...

Ahh memories - my old kitchen in anchorvale drive

16473718009913452571254.jpg

16842618009916252641254.jpg

Current kitchen @ Fernvale where I am temporarily putting up - really difficult to cook up a storm... if you are one who loves cooking, you will end up crying being in this kitchen this size :wacko:

Its a little C-shaped, what is see is what u get :(

notmykitchen.jpg

How does one upload/add profile picture? Tried so many times with msg telling me to contact administrator?? crazy :dancingqueen:

Think you need a small picture?

Smaller than 100 x 100 pixels..

Gif or jpg..

i think more has to be done to protect consumer's interest.

more often that not, we are at the mercy of such firms, especially when they have collected majority of the fees before they hand us the final product. yes we understand that they need the money to buy materials..but hey! doing business without sufficient capital, isnt it a joke?

i think CASE should really look into setting up a guideline on the payment terms for renovation

eg 5% deposit to be collected upon agreement of the contract...another 20% to be collected upon finalisation of design...the rest of the 75% upon satisfying all the benchmarks laid out in the contract.

currently..a lot of things are not spelt out in the contract, including standard of works, and very importantly...the dates at which certain milestones have to be achieved, including the handing over of the house back to the owner.

if the ID or contractor tell us boh pian..they got a lot of projects...we can only suck thumb and be at their mercy because most of the money is paid already. WTF?!

when you know you have not collected your fair share of the money due to you, you will definitely put in your utmost to make sure the customer pays up.

of course, the ID and contractors must also have some protection in the event that house owners play punk and not pay up...maybe a legal recourse for them if they are able to prove that they have delivered.

Think you need a small picture?

Smaller than 100 x 100 pixels..

Gif or jpg..

Oh! I thought it said less than 150 or something...? tonite I go back and try and see.. silly a-s-sed pixel criteria... Thanks mao mao! hahaha

i think more has to be done to protect consumer's interest.

more often that not, we are at the mercy of such firms, especially when they have collected majority of the fees before they hand us the final product. yes we understand that they need the money to buy materials..but hey! doing business without sufficient capital, isnt it a joke?

i think CASE should really look into setting up a guideline on the payment terms for renovation

eg 5% deposit to be collected upon agreement of the contract...another 20% to be collected upon finalisation of design...the rest of the 75% upon satisfying all the benchmarks laid out in the contract.

currently..a lot of things are not spelt out in the contract, including standard of works, and very importantly...the dates at which certain milestones have to be achieved, including the handing over of the house back to the owner.

if the ID or contractor tell us boh pian..they got a lot of projects...we can only suck thumb and be at their mercy because most of the money is paid already. WTF?!

when you know you have not collected your fair share of the money due to you, you will definitely put in your utmost to make sure the customer pays up.

of course, the ID and contractors must also have some protection in the event that house owners play punk and not pay up...maybe a legal recourse for them if they are able to prove that they have delivered.

You're right... they are supposed to finish ALL the work (including those defects I emailed to the ID on Tues) today, let's see how it'll turn out.. to be honest, 'no eye see'.. Yea yea I am chicken s-h-i-t hahaha I have a weak heart but loud loud voice. :P

me @ 4.16pm, 30 Jun:

Hi Sophia, are all the works including the defects i sent you going to be finish by today? around what time?

ID @ 4.41pm, 30 Jun:

Hi Ivy, today will be finishing ard 6pm..most of the defect done, but need to touch up painting tml

Everyone, lets do a rain dance? Mabbie I am celebrating too early huh? Always an optimist arent i? :rolleyes: