Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bluesummerayz

My Woodlands Den Raaaawwwrrr

Hi everyone!

So ok, this is technically not very 'proper' because my renovations are already done midway but I thought I wanted to document this down just because.

This is a 4-rm resale which I paid 40k cov for, thinking that 'everything seems so nice and minimum renovations needed'. So happily I put in the initial $1k deposit and subsequently completed the transaction (long tedious process which I am gonna skipped it). I still remembered that I brought a contractor to the flat when I went to put down the balance $4k and REALLY told the contract I only wanted:-

1) build up a store room (the previous owner tore it down for crying out loud)

2) painting works

3) some other minor works which I can't recall now (thats the bad part abt writing abt it now)

The contractor quote was ridiculously high, prob coz there wasnt much for him to profit hahaha So I engaged and brought an ID (assigned project to Outlook Interior) to the house a 2nd time, and I still thought 'minor reno' works only,but I think I started to ask 'can change this or not? can change that or not?'

I went for the 3rd time :dunno: which for the life of me, still couldn't figure why I missed all those 'imperfections' in the 1st place:-

1) Wardrobes are dark brown, old and I think the owner painted over it *faints*

2) Old ceramic tiles - scratched and can't really be cleaned to 'look new'

3) Retro kitchen tiles, Retro Toilet tiles (yes these days, I refer anything old in that house RETRO)

4) hmmm basically quite a lot of areas which need improvement to the point my housing agent shook his head and said he heart pain coz he really thought I was satisfied with the condition of the flat and therefore didn't persist when I said I didn't mind paying the cov coz er... 'everything seems so nice and minimum renovations needed'

Anyway, here are some 'original pics', judge for yourself, do you think its a move in condition already?

originalsn.jpg

Edited by Bluesummerayz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmmmmm demolition and destruction can be very entertaining, too bad I didn't take all the pictures of what went down (actually almost everything but the kitchen and the toilet tiles which I did overlay)

When I saw a virtually empty unit, you can just pictured an imaginary dollar sign with a tag of S$40K growing wings and flying away.. I am such an impulsive buyer, and it will never change.. :drunk:

pageur.jpg

3D Drawings by Outlook Interior

3D Living Room

This is very almost 90% going to be what my actual LR would be like, because my ID had this drawn at a later stage, because I wanted to add the mirror, and also by then I have already ordered most of the furniture and they are pretty much what you are looking at in the pic. Nice?

diningzn.jpg

3D Entrance Area

Nothing much to see really, just a lot of recess areas which will be done up with cabinets for shoes. I chose another colour for the walls so you're looking at the initial choice. Fickle minded I am, yes. But alas, I like the 'airiness' in this aka no furniture haha.

livingroomc.jpg

Edited by Bluesummerayz

3D Kitchen & Service Balcony

Actually the kitchen is left intact for the most part, I added the backsplash and had the stove (spoil liao spoil liao) area 'dug out' so that I could put in a standalone oven wahahahaha! Well these 2 drawings done up are totally not my kitchen nor service balcony, but they looked nice so enjoy anyways :rolleyes:

26952793.jpg

0201y.jpg

3D Toilets

Had to LOL on these because initially my ID proposed an all black toilet, I said oh cool! When the drawing came out, it looked like this.. TOO ORR LAAA If my black cat is inside, I prob will not see it :unsure:

masterbathroom.jpg

Er.... my black cat... x_________x

brutus12may20102.jpg

So she proposed another design which looked like this (but the actual result is quite different from this! hahahaha):

masterbathroomr.jpg

Welcome to RenoTalk!!!! :sport-smiley-004:

I like yr orh orh cat comment... hehee.... ps, my toilet is rather dark ... it's diff shades of dark gray. Maybe that's a colour you can consider if u still like dark toilets.

All the best on yr reno process!!!

Welcome to RenoTalk!excl.gif! :sport-smiley-004:

I like yr orh orh cat comment... hehee.... ps, my toilet is rather dark ... it's diff shades of dark gray. Maybe that's a colour you can consider if u still like dark toilets.

All the best on yr reno process!excl.gif

Wahahahahaha Thanks! And it's too late to change now coz the tiles already up. I am writing about when the reno is suppose to be near the completion date already lol

The bath tiles that I have now are mirror effect black and 3d wavy white ones : )) I liked them alot actually. When the bathroom stuff are up, I will take a pic :yamseng:

Supposedly to be handing over this week, but I seriously doubt it :furious:The Id said will complete most of the major carpentry and will do the minor ones later (don't know what kind of a handover is this man) .. no choice, move in 1st then complete the rest ZZzz

This is what my ID drew for the Master Wardrobe internal structure (anyhow draw? not up to scale?): 8|

masterbrinternalwardrob.jpg

This is what I drew based on my needs and requirements (makes sense? ahhhhhh only I will know hahahaha) at least nicer that the above drawing??

masterbrinternalwardrob.jpg

Edited by Bluesummerayz

Went back to the flat to check on reno progress and got **** pissed off ... everything seems to be at a standstill, macam time is frozen in the flat since last Sat, not much done, all still quite a mess...

I have to shift in next Tues, but my vanity top wont be ready, parts of the carpentry wont be ready, the kitchen S/S addition wont be ready, the mirror in the living rm wont be ready argghhhhhhh :furious:

New Windows Up (top was the oldie, bottom the new ones) - Forgot to add that the windows installation were sourced all on my own. And the contractor was **** efficient! BTW, the guy in this pic is not a contractor. He's my bro doing some measurements about his fish tank zzzzz

pagesu.jpg

Edited by Bluesummerayz

I am almost driven to insanity today!

Status as of today (bearing in mind that we are SCHEDULED to move in next Tues, and this date has been drilled 10000000000000 times over and over to the ID):-

Painting works not complete

Tomorrow furniture will be delivered, with the bed frames, mattresses and all. And I still have to put up with workers coming to do TOUCH UP. I didn't know not painting the feature colour in the bedroom is considered as TOUCHING UP. This phrase so TOUCHY, made me fumed up man!! 2 days ago, met up with the ID and told her to complete whatever painting needed by Friday because furniture coming in Sat.. They have 2 freaking days to TOUCH whatever UP they want, yet not complete. If the painter can paint a small section of grilles, paint 3 sides of the wall to another colour, why can't ALL painting works be done in 2 days?? Can still tell me Sat come and TOUCH UP. WAH LAU! :furious:

Carpentry not delivered

At first, I was told the major ones like room wardrobes will be in. Tonight sent me an sms telling me the 2 half moon shelves in the living room will be put up, but the rest (YES including wardrobe) can be done on next Thurs?? I said of coz cannot la.. the ID said will try her best to urge the carpenters.

Earlier, she said carpentry started late because the confirmation on the drawings/designs were late. Excuse me? My turnaround time for confirmation was within a day, if not hours. The reno started on May 27, so many weeks had passed without any delivery of the wardrobes, cabinets designs and now blame me for late confirmation? Is that right ? ID then said got some problem with the drawing side.. wa lau

Bathroom not complete

I think the only responsible person in this whole project is the tiler. He completed the floor tiles, bathroom tiles store room etc..

But now my common bathroom has a WC, shower, sink, but bathroom accessories not up. I went on wednesday to go through the placing of accessories with the ID. This evening, still not up. Do you know how expensive cab fare is from tanjong pagar to woodlands? Even when I expressed to the ID that I am upset on Wednesday, and she promised she will monitor closely, nothing improved, nothing completed.. I cannot believe it... Took my cheque but do little? What is this mannnn?

Now everything in the house seems half done, can you imagine how awful this feels? Should I speak to the boss? As a customer who pays promptly, should I be subjected to this kind of grief? I paid them for designing, fabricating, supply labour, installing and overseeing the project... why do I find myself so stressed out, making trips to the flat just to see a SNAIL can even do better than my reno progress state? Should a customer suffer like this? Is this the norm?

If they are so pro at delays, then maybe they should not ask me for payment? Then MAYBE they can have a better excuse to explain why the work is so slow, then MAYBE I can tolerate all these nonsense.

I just want a completed flat to make it my home, a home to call my own. I just want the reno to be over and this night mare to end. Is this unreasonable?

Edited by Bluesummerayz

Distracting myself away from the stupid reno, these are crystal red prawns that we keep at home, cute? Wrecking our brains where to put them in the new place... my brother suggested the toilet 8|

26001821314796072571254.jpg

26033721314985277301254.jpg

Distracting myself away from the stupid reno, these are crystal red prawns that we keep at home, cute? Wrecking our brains where to put them in the new place... my brother suggested the toilet 8|

welcome to t-blog, cute prawns and darling cat, lol at your brother's comment. guess they are not his prawns. laugh.gif

sorry to hear about your reno troubles, i think yours is an issue that alot of people face when their ID/ project coordinator is unable to properly manage the project and handle the different teams of people. It is also quite pathetic and further irresponsible of her to try and shift the blame to you, see how she goes and if she continues to try the lame tactics then time to bring out the big guns and approach her bosses. rolleyes.gif

hahaha those prawnies (yes he calls them that) are his... He just thought there is 'ample space' in there and it'll be nice to "admire" them while he sits there for you-know-what in the toilet... seriously i think he needs some glasses.. toilet so small still can tell me 'spacious' .. crazy... Thanks for your comments though, appreciate it.

Hmmm now I think about it, I start to boil again.. if carpentry delay is due to 'late confirmation', then why the **** painting is not finished, bathroom accessories still not up? I dont even have a sink in my master toilet now because of the vanity cabinet 'carpentry again'

Ahhhh, another here is another cat of mine : ) They have been staying at a boarding place, which was one of the reasons I got mad with the delays.. I just wanted to bring them 'home'.

71576163789454793912540.jpg

45922158113072887912540.jpg