Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrielx

New Boon Lay Abode

My wife and I have been searching high and low for a flat in the west side for a long time. Originally we were looking at Pandan Gardens but the 5rm units there are rarely up for sale so we set our sights on other parts of west side. After what seemed like ages, we finally found a 5rm flat at Boon Lay Drive which is near primary school (gd for our son) and set down an OTP deposit.. Now just waiting to renovate and move into the flat. Will post pics once possible.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Went Audiohouse with wife just now and splurged on kitchen appliances, led tv and overindulged on Denon Amp System.. Argh~... Overspent again.. But **** worthwhile as AudioHouse having 21% discount on all their products~~ Mitsubishi Folio series E-62 Fridge bought for only $3633 while other big retails stores are selling at $4499~~ shiok..

Hi, brother

Welcome to this forum.

Indeed the 5-room flat especially the point block unit with 2-access doors like my unit is hard to come by, as Pandan Gardens is a very small estate.

Those flats at Boon Lay from Blk 201 to Blk 206 also come with 2-access doors. I used to stay in Boon Lay near the Market for whole of my younger days until I got married.

Now, I will be camping here for your updates!!

Welcome! :)

Wifey spent most of her childhood years living in Boon Lay and she went to the primary school u're describing :)

Good luck with your reno, looking forward to your updates!

Think u got yourself a really big flat there :thumbs up:

I have been staying in Boon Lay all my life and still is!

Was a former student at Boon Lay Garden Pri School too! During my time, the school was at where River Valley High is now.

Din know there were so many people who onced lived in Boon Lay. haha

Was a former student at Boon Lay Garden Pri School too! During my time, the school was at where River Valley High is now.

I didnt live in Boon Lay, but used to go to my aunt's clothes shop on the group floor of Boon Lay shopping centre.

And Savoy Cinema! LOL. I think I watched Home Alone there.

I was also a former student of Boon Lay Garden Pri School where RV High is now...graduated in the 80s...

I was also a former student of Boon Lay Garden Pri School where RV High is now...graduated in the 80s...

Oh hi! I graduated in the early 90s! My sis graduated in the 80s though.

"Boon Lay Garden Pri School...

Our very own knowledge pool

We dive in, young and playful

and swim out mature and faithful..."

Haha. Nostalgic! They changed the song when I was in Pri 6.

Oops sorry, gone off topic. This should be a reno blog! Paiseh!

I didnt live in Boon Lay, but used to go to my aunt's clothes shop on the group floor of Boon Lay shopping centre.

Haha... "Four Seas" cinema. Used to be a place I loved most when I was young, coz McDonald's was at the ground floor!

Just got home from meeting up with William of Summit Design Studios. Have to say that he is really quite knowledgeable and good at wat he does. William gave us quite some good ideas and proposals. His quote shld come in next week but we've got a feeling that it's gonna be pricey.. Sourcing for IDs is such a tiring task, especially looking for those who are really good and able to give us good prices..

Welcome! :)

Wifey spent most of her childhood years living in Boon Lay and she went to the primary school u're describing :)

Good luck with your reno, looking forward to your updates!

Think u got yourself a really big flat there :thumbs up:

Big House = Big Renovation = Big $$$ fly out of my wallet... but cant help. Need a bigger apartment for my parents, son, wife and me.. oh.. and not forgetting one dog too..

Wah.. Savoy Cinema leh.. I used to go there watch movies with my dad and mum.. That was like 18-20 yrs ago.. Lotsa memories there which is why moving back to the west from the north. Wan my son to experience life in the west.. Plus all of my childhood frds, classmates stay in the west.. Miss them so much~

Edited by adrielx

Oh hi! I graduated in the early 90s! My sis graduated in the 80s though.

"Boon Lay Garden Pri School...

Our very own knowledge pool

We dive in, young and playful

and swim out mature and faithful..."

Haha. Nostalgic! They changed the song when I was in Pri 6.

Oops sorry, gone off topic. This should be a reno blog! Paiseh!

Strive towards perfection,

To lead our growing nation..

----forgot this line-----

Towards progress and prosperity!

People from 1993 onwards sang a different song..

Hahahaa.. :sport-smiley-004:

The dang new principal changed the song! How can?!

I was also Pri 6 then, Ms Haslinda was my form teacher.. haha.. :)

Edited by mabaricows

Big House = Big Renovation = Big $$$ fly out of my wallet... but cant help. Need a bigger apartment for my parents, son, wife and me.. oh.. and not forgetting one dog too..

Big house, big family, big happiness..

Hope u have a smooth renovation, spend a bit on reno is bo pian one..

Good luck and hope you find an honest and responsible ID/contractor. :thumbs up: