Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
metalbone

Our Mb Home @ Pioneer

Ya we love this unit the moment we step in.

Any reason why u didn't get it last time? :P

First viewing when we arrived at the door, agent wasn't able to get in because he doesn't have the keys.

There was people inside but nobody wanted to come open the door.

Waited for like 10-15min before door was opened. Owner was not in sight but a group of teenagers (both genders), some of the guys half-naked with tattoos here and there were present.

A rowdy crowd. The feeling wasn't very good although we liked the house.

Seller agent told us those were owner's relatives.

Nevertheless, we arranged for a second viewing in hope to confirm the unit as we liked it very much and price was reasonable.

Bought my future FIL and MIL along.

This time owner was around, with her 2 daughters. Owner wasn't very frenly.

FIL says he doesn't like the unit.

So taking into account FIL's comments, and we were afraid there was a problem with the family (which was they were selling the house) which we think the seller agent wasn't upfront or truthful with us.

Coupled with the fact that we had also eyed another unit nearer to Boon Lay MRT, we decided to give the unit up.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

First viewing when we arrived at the door, agent wasn't able to get in because he doesn't have the keys.

There was people inside but nobody wanted to come open the door.

Waited for like 10-15min before door was opened. Owner was not in sight but a group of teenagers (both genders), some of the guys half-naked with tattoos here and there were present.

A rowdy crowd. The feeling wasn't very good although we liked the house.

Seller agent told us those were owner's relatives.

Nevertheless, we arranged for a second viewing in hope to confirm the unit as we liked it very much and price was reasonable.

Bought my future FIL and MIL along.

This time owner was around, with her 2 daughters. Owner wasn't very frenly.

FIL says he doesn't like the unit.

So taking into account FIL's comments, and we were afraid there was a problem with the family (which was they were selling the house) which we think the seller agent wasn't upfront or truthful with us.

Coupled with the fact that we had also eyed another unit nearer to Boon Lay MRT, we decided to give the unit up.

ya the owners themselves have some issues but the lady owner was quite friendly to us and my parents on the 2nd visit.

I have PM u the issues the owners are having.

Also we manage to negotiate the COV down, thus we made the decision to buy in less than a week.

Luckily for us, no major issues when signing the OTP and 1st/2nd appt.

Lucky u didn't get it leh else we might end up homeless loh :P

Edited by metalbone

Your house is the block 64X series, right? btw, I've just moved to the Blk 65X series and house currently undergoing renovation :)

Mine is also 65X series. :P

Hehe..

Mine is 62X series.. Also top floor.. :)

Think Shumin is also 64X series..

A lot of JWers here.. :)

Hehe..

Mine is 62X series.. Also top floor.. :)

Think Shumin is also 64X series..

A lot of JWers here.. :)

Yup looks like a lot of JWs.

Currently 2 units below us are having renovation too! sport-smiley-004.gif

Our bathroom accessories arrived today!

One thing to ask: Will it possible to install the basin, toilet bowl first before installing the bathroom accessories (mixer, shower set, tap) after the acid cleaning cos the lady who sold us the accessories told us that some contractor did not properly protect the accessories during acid cleaning and the accessories rust within a month. unsure.gif

So long haven't update my blog. :sport-smiley-004:

Today is the Reno day 27.

Things done for the past 2 weeks

- Rubbish cleared

- False ceiling up

- All Aircons up

- Painting all done except some minor touchup

- Bedroom doors installed

- Main door lock changed but still need alignment

- Bomb shelter door repaired (3rd party contractor)

Living hall

img9843k.jpg

Study Room

img9828d.jpg

Guest Room

img9830j.jpg

MBR

img9832q.jpg

Just called Henry, acid cleaning is on tml, on National Day!

Maybe I should go and supervise them :P

Anything to take care/note of during acid cleaning? :dunno:

Just bought all the lights and 4 fans from JB over the last 2 weekends! Hope to install them this Wed/Thu after acid cleaning. Damage: RM3878

Last week also went to HN to confirm the TV, HTS, Hood, Oven, Washing machine, Dryer and Fridge. Damage: $9601. Bank account bankrupt liao

Items still left to buy:

- Sofa

- Coffee table

- Dining table

- MBR Bed

- Study tables/chairs

:bangwall:

:unsure:

Just called Henry, acid cleaning is on tml, on National Day!

Maybe I should go and supervise them :P

Anything to take care/note of during acid cleaning? :dunno:

Just bought all the lights and 4 fans from JB over the last 2 weekends! Hope to install them this Wed/Thu after acid cleaning. Damage: RM3878

Last week also went to HN to confirm the TV, HTS, Hood, Oven, Washing machine, Dryer and Fridge. Damage: $9601. Bank account bankrupt liao

Items still left to buy:

- Sofa

- Coffee table

- Dining table

- MBR Bed

- Study tables/chairs

:bangwall:

Hey hey! Fellow Henry engager....!

Great to find company online, especially with our project going on together at the same time. :yamseng:

Anyway, the acid wash is quite a fast and simple process. I had mine yesterday morning. Took the guys about 3 hours in all. Your shouldn't have much to worry about but if your feel more comfortable, you can go down to supervise. I did that. And actually I was just curious to see how it goes.

The sad thing is, for my house, the kitchen tiles are old ones and we kept it as is. Henry said if we wanna keep, should be able to clean up decently enough. But in the end, for us, the acid wash could only help that much. Told henry that its really still looking very sad cos only some parts of the flooring are cleaner. Also, where there used to be the old cabinet, the tiles under that now are exposed and very very clean but the rest of the kitchen are 'worn out greyish'.. Even after the acid wash, while there is general improvement, the contrast between the two areas is very distinct. Hoping he can help come up with some solution. The wife will be coming over to see how it is too tomorrow. Dunno what to do if it cant be solved. :unsure:

:unsure:

Hey hey! Fellow Henry engager....!

Great to find company online, especially with our project going on together at the same time. :yamseng:

Anyway, the acid wash is quite a fast and simple process. I had mine yesterday morning. Took the guys about 3 hours in all. Your shouldn't have much to worry about but if your feel more comfortable, you can go down to supervise. I did that. And actually I was just curious to see how it goes.

The sad thing is, for my house, the kitchen tiles are old ones and we kept it as is. Henry said if we wanna keep, should be able to clean up decently enough. But in the end, for us, the acid wash could only help that much. Told henry that its really still looking very sad cos only some parts of the flooring are cleaner. Also, where there used to be the old cabinet, the tiles under that now are exposed and very very clean but the rest of the kitchen are 'worn out greyish'.. Even after the acid wash, while there is general improvement, the contrast between the two areas is very distinct. Hoping he can help come up with some solution. The wife will be coming over to see how it is too tomorrow. Dunno what to do if it cant be solved. :unsure:

Hello Fellow Henry engager too!

Yest was the acid cleaning, it was very clean but I feel there are still some stains on the floor tiles which did not go away, talk to Henry about it, he say there will be another round of cleaning after carpentry with some chemicals, hopefully the stains can go away.

Saw ur blog, Wow, looks like ur reno is going to completed earlier than mine. :yamseng:

Hello Fellow Henry engager too!

Yest was the acid cleaning, it was very clean but I feel there are still some stains on the floor tiles which did not go away, talk to Henry about it, he say there will be another round of cleaning after carpentry with some chemicals, hopefully the stains can go away.

Saw ur blog, Wow, looks like ur reno is going to completed earlier than mine. :yamseng:

I hope mine completes sometime nx wk, before the weekend.

I also will be having a second round of cleaning as my kitchen tiles were not very much cleaner after the initial clean. So after the carpentry is done, the 2nd round will be done I understand. I hope it does alot more than the first round. Else, with the rest of the house takin shape to look so much more pleasant, this bit will be a remenant eyesore of the past...