Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
metalbone

Our Mb Home @ Pioneer

Just bought all the lights and 4 fans from JB over the last 2 weekends! Hope to install them this Wed/Thu after acid cleaning. Damage: RM3878

I got my lights from JB too!.. But fans I was hesistant. Cos of the servicing and warranty issue. Did you come up with a solution for that? As in what to do if there are problems?

Also, any idea how much the KDK 56" ceiling fan was going for when you were there? My mom's place needs one and I might get it there possibly.

Last week also went to HN to confirm the TV, HTS, Hood, Oven, Washing machine, Dryer and Fridge. Damage: $9601. Bank account bankrupt liao

Items still left to buy:

- Sofa

- Coffee table

- Dining table

- MBR Bed

- Study tables/chairs

:bangwall:

Did you consider going to those renotalk recommended places like Parisilk, Goh Ah Bee, Kong Tai and all?

And as a gadget-phile, I am very interested to know what that damage was exactly for? Can share your buys? Like wat tv, wat fridge and all? Mine are all budget purchases cos later going to rent out the house. But at least I can get excited seeing the stuff you folks on renotalk are investing in.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I hope mine completes sometime nx wk, before the weekend.

I also will be having a second round of cleaning as my kitchen tiles were not very much cleaner after the initial clean. So after the carpentry is done, the 2nd round will be done I understand. I hope it does alot more than the first round. Else, with the rest of the house takin shape to look so much more pleasant, this bit will be a remenant eyesore of the past...

Do let us know whether the 2nd round of cleaning helps. I really hope my floor tiles can be more shiny after 2nd round of cleaning.

I got my lights from JB too!.. But fans I was hesistant. Cos of the servicing and warranty issue. Did you come up with a solution for that? As in what to do if there are problems?

Also, any idea how much the KDK 56" ceiling fan was going for when you were there? My mom's place needs one and I might get it there possibly.

Did you consider going to those renotalk recommended places like Parisilk, Goh Ah Bee, Kong Tai and all?

And as a gadget-phile, I am very interested to know what that damage was exactly for? Can share your buys? Like wat tv, wat fridge and all? Mine are all budget purchases cos later going to rent out the house. But TVat least I can get excited seeing the stuff you folks on renotalk are investing in.

If there are problems in the fan I will definitely need to dismantle it and bring back to the shop but I always travel to JB at least once a month to my WTB house and the shop is on the way to her house so this should not be a big issue. I can also ask my brother in law to help since he travel to and fro from JB daily. biggrin.gif

For the Msia KDK 56" ceiling fan it cost around RM550 but I remember the JB shop assistant told me that for Msia KDK 56" ceiling fan it is not advisable to install in SG as the fan height is too long so we have to settle for the Msia KDK 60" ceiling fan which cost around RM588 (plus RM10 for the hook)

I did went to ask Kong Tai for the fan price. They sell KDK baby fan around $160 whereas in JB it cost around RM350 ($143) so u dun save much but for KDK 60" fan Kong Tai sells around $420 whereas JB sells for RM588 ($240) so u save half. yamseng.gif

This is the list of the electrical appliances I bought in HN:

- Bosch Washer WAS-28448ME

- Bosch Dryer WTE-84101AU

- Bosch Oven HBA-43B450A

- Bosch Hood Chimney DWB-095751

- Hitachi R-W691EMS fridge

- Onkyo HT-S3400 5.1 sound system

- Sony LED TV KDL-46EX520

Total: $9601

If anyone need the individual prices, just PM me. sport-smiley-018.gif

Where is the location you guys bought for electrical items in JB?

I bought my lights and fans at

Tampoi Lighting Centre

No.2, 4 & 6 Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1, Taman Tampoi Indah (Batu 6 1/2, Jalan Skudai),

81200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Today is the start of the lights installation, hopefully can take pics tml.

Also the new wrought iron gate is up, tml will take pics. This iron gate is free according to the reno contract dancingqueen.gif

Reno Day 30

Our simple "leaf" design wrought iron gate

img9885ml.jpg

img9884p.jpg

Tonight we went to see our house but our main door was locked. Dunno who lock the main door and didn't leave the keys behind. sad.gif

Ask Henry and he also dunno who took it. He say will check for me.

Free?!?! I was charged... Sob!excl.gif!

Relax hahha...to me, "free" is very subjective as I believe there is no free lunch in this world. :sport-smiley-004:

Regarding the locked main door, finally I found out the issue as I need to pull the door inwards before clicking on the lever to open as the door is not aligned properly. :rolleyes:

Henry has said he will ask the locksmith to change the lock lever again and tune the main door.

Edited by metalbone

For the Msia KDK 56" ceiling fan it cost around RM550 but I remember the JB shop assistant told me that for Msia KDK 56" ceiling fan it is not advisable to install in SG as the fan height is too long so we have to settle for the Msia KDK 60" ceiling fan which cost around RM588 (plus RM10 for the hook)

I did went to ask Kong Tai for the fan price. They sell KDK baby fan around $160 whereas in JB it cost around RM350 ($143) so u dun save much but for KDK 60" fan Kong Tai sells around $420 whereas JB sells for RM588 ($240) so u save half. yamseng.gif

So the Malaysia 56" is not the same as the one in Singapore?

I bought my Baby Fan and 56" both at Kong Tai. $160 and $360 respectively.

Good prices, better than what my bathroom supplier offered.

Since you know about Kong Tai, why didn't you buy your appliances at Kong Tai instead? Did you get a discount at HN?

The salesperson named 'Ah Chuan'. He's very nice to talk with. =D

I bought my lights and fans at

Tampoi Lighting Centre

No.2, 4 & 6 Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1, Taman Tampoi Indah (Batu 6 1/2, Jalan Skudai),

81200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

So the Malaysia 56" is not the same as the one in Singapore?

I bought my Baby Fan and 56" both at Kong Tai. $160 and $360 respectively.

Good prices, better than what my bathroom supplier offered.

Since you know about Kong Tai, why didn't you buy your appliances at Kong Tai instead? Did you get a discount at HN?

Yes according to the sales person msia kdk 56" is not the same as the sg kdk 56". Not sure he got bluff me or not hahha :sport-smiley-004:

I buy from HN as I can get more discounts if I buy more items, like the sony tv 46" cost around $1999 instead of $2199.