Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shawncck

Induction Cooker Vs Normal Stove

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

electricity more expensive than gas. for sure induction will cost more to operate. it is a little cleaner due to no naked flames. but in the end gas still cooks better. why do you think no restaurants uses induction for cooking.

Unit cost, gas is cheaper than electricity. But because induction is much more efficient, the better efficiency outweighs the price difference. So in use, induction is cheaper.

Bear in mind that induction cookers require you to use ferro-metallic pots and pans (ie, metal to which a magnet can stick to, so it excludes aluminium). Do you need to factor in the cost of buying these (as well as factor in the cost of pots and pans which you have that cannot be used in future)?

For those who are into heavy Chinese cooking, one chief consideration could be the traditional wok. You'll either have to buy an expensive fancy concave shaped induction cooker, or give that up and get a flat based wok.

Induction has a plus point in terms of safety too. Because it heats up the contents of the pot directly, when you remove the pot, the stove itself is much cooler (though it could still be hot) than a gas cooker. Its heat is from transfer from the food, as it does not generate heat itself.

Is hard to make a decision... Induction is more nice but i dun think it does cook better than stove...

And I cant use aluminium... that is a weak point...

I guess i will go for normal stove... weighing on the difference... Stove still win overall..

IMO, please also put into consideration how often you cook. Getting a gas hob is the cheapest alternative. I got myself a vitro ceramic hob cos most of my pot are correll ceramic. Cannot work on induction. I have seen demos before, induction and vitro ceramic heats up faster as compared to gas stove. Given the beauty of it plus I dun cook often, I skipped my plan on a gas hob.

I agree with watchthewaves, you need to think about the pot/pan that you will be using. Also how big portion of food to be prepared. To prepare a proper meal usually we need to use different size or type of pot/pan. For example like frying two eggs for breakfast, one big pot of curry for gathering/party. Using induction hob really limits your choice of cookware which are largely available in the market.

getting a induction cooker may seem easy but it has quite a few restrictions if i can remember correctly. like some of the pots and pans cannot be used on the surface. it may be safer but it has plenty of restrictions.

i think getting a normal stove should be better. i got mine (stainless steel) one from turbo after considering for a while.

was deciding between a glass hob and a stainless hob. in the end chose a stainless steel one because it would be easier to maintain and no worries about weight restriction which the glass hob has.

the gas hob would be a better choice.

I'm using induction cooker. No problem for normal daily cooking. In fact, cooking the food is more faster compare to my previous house normal stove. But taste... still the same... hahaaa...;D

Nowadays most of the pans/pots in the market can be used on induction and not ex too. I think the main problem to use induction is the pan/pot must contact to the hob, cannot cook like "Ju Char" flip the wok... hahaa... So it's depend on your cooking style and what you cook. For a small family like me, good and look beautiful... cheers!

:)

I'm using induction cooker. No problem for normal daily cooking. In fact, cooking the food is more faster compare to my previous house normal stove. But taste... still the same... hahaaa...;D

Nowadays most of the pans/pots in the market can be used on induction and not ex too. I think the main problem to use induction is the pan/pot must contact to the hob, cannot cook like "Ju Char" flip the wok... hahaa... So it's depend on your cooking style and what you cook. For a small family like me, good and look beautiful... cheers!

:)

wah. really? should have gotten the induction one because i thought alot of pots and pans cannot be used on the induction. but i'm quite happy with my turbo one lah. got the smaller design. so it's just nice for my small kitchen.

im sure the induction hob is easy to clean after cooking! just wipe can already rgiht?

getting a induction cooker may seem easy but it has quite a few restrictions if i can remember correctly. like some of the pots and pans cannot be used on the surface. it may be safer but it has plenty of restrictions.

i think getting a normal stove should be better. i got mine (stainless steel) one from turbo after considering for a while.

was deciding between a glass hob and a stainless hob. in the end chose a stainless steel one because it would be easier to maintain and no worries about weight restriction which the glass hob has.

the gas hob would be a better choice.

i know some induction cooker can't use clay material pot to cook. Like my mum likes to use claypot to boil soup, so can't use induction cooker.

Do you know why if you eat Hor Fun, Fried Rice or Hokkien mee, it always taste better in a hawker or coffee shop? Because their wok has a super big fire! The heat brings out the taste lah..

:yamseng: You are right! Food expert will take note of whether a nice chinese food have enough 'huo4 qi4'(wok fire) to bring out the taste.

Do you know why if you eat Hor Fun, Fried Rice or Hokkien mee, it always taste better in a hawker or coffee shop? Because their wok has a super big fire! The heat brings out the taste lah..

That's why I eat hor fun, hokkien mee, char quay diao outside...:) I dun think many of people char quay diao, char hokkien mee, char hor fun at home. :D

I think it's depend on who cook the food. There are many kopitiam, restaurant has big wok and big fire but the food is....

as might as i think my small turbo hob has good fire, i don't think i can cook hor fun or hokkien mee that taste as good as hawker!