Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ibelieveindevil

My Own Diy Garden

DIY my own garden, house in Johor bahru. this is the floor plan. trying to be more organised than my father who... never really clear the bush for more than 5 years

p7290001.jpg

each square represent half a foot. the centre at tiles, the boundaries i would like to use PVC to cover the cement, an stones for decoration are used between plants

well, actually this is a simple gardening only, not really a big renovation. the area is also not very big, only around 5x8ft

Progress:

Step 1: cut down all trees. Completed

Step 2: Clear all roots. In Progress

Step 3: Apply PVC, Tiles and stones design. Incomplete

Step 4: Planting trees. Incomplete

current cost paid:

1: turpentine RM4

2: tiles RM0

3: stones RM0

RM0 denotes things free as they are left behind since years ago

p7290003f.jpg

here is the pic after step 1 is completed. i am only doing the middle portion. the front part is not my territory...

Edited by ibelieveindevil

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

well, yea, a bit too small. actually the whol area was much larger, but weill, the gate, the drain and the small area my father took away, together with a funny stepped rised wall took away much of the space, leaving me only around half of original space. the place was purchased almost 25 years ago, and there isnt any big renovation except my fathers work (which he build the stepped wall, and divide the area into smaller space =.= very hard to convince my parents to carry out a renovation. my mom is etremely stingy, and my ad is extremely possesive with his plants....

anyway, now half one with the removl of roots, and my feeling is: if george washington father had told him to remove the roots of the tree he chopped down, washington wont be the president of america...

well, finally dig up all the roots. will have to wait for next weken again to find time to complete the job of pasting PVC sheets and tiling

anyway, i may step into the front part, which is my ad's territory... lolx

p7300003.jpg

p7300004b.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pics!

Why you need the cement slabs to divide the piece of land? For different plants?

Hope you can post more pics soon! =)

well, those cment slabs are made by7 my father when he was younger. unfortunately, he wasnt really good at planning, as only do whatever he tink appropriate at that time. after a few years he realised that it wasnt enough, so he add on, and so on and so forth, thus resulting in multiple parts of the garden.

well, i will usually post new pics and progress on the weekends as i only spend my weekends i johor bahru. will update when there is new progress.

just bought some PVC sheets from hardware shop at $13 for 2 rolls. got 8 ieces of tiles from hdb who abandon them after they complete their job. too bad that they are too heavy to be brought back to malaysia in a single bus trip, so have to wait till following weelend that i can complete my task.

current cost paid:

1: turpentine RM4 (used)

2: 8 tiles RM0

3: polished stones RM0

4: PVC sheets RM30

5: double sided tap RM0

this week target:

1: transfer 4 pices of tiles back to jb.

2: PVC work for main area.

3: get 1 piece of long wood

4: complete the small area belong to my dad, which include

i:PVC work

ii:wood work

iii:transfering of plants

I'm in the midst of renovating my house and i'm very sure i will have alot of spare tiles.

If you want, i can give it to you but only when my renovation is completed.

Else, you can go punggol area where the place is still under renovation. Got many things to find one!

Like plywood, gypsum board, wood laminates, pvc pipe, tempered glass etc. Really alot!

Some couples, due to changing of design theme, threw away the unwanted design materials and it was such a waste!

My wife and i found a 80cm by 80cm by 8mm black tempered glass. We intend to do a coffee table with bamboos. One of the edge was chiiped off but we are ok with it. =)

IMG-0882.JPG?et=wt072gcLcdnIYAA%2CV3DBPQ&nmid=475371646

These are the bamboos that we've bought. Intend to make a bench also... hehe

thanks for that! i do have enough pieces of tiles right now. hmm, tempered glass? u must be lucky. hope u got ur things ready. anyway, was wondering about the wood laminate, are they those type with adhesive at the back? if so that mightinterest me.

then again, i dont really where the place is. any details?

thanks for that! i do have enough pieces of tiles right now. hmm, tempered glass? u must be lucky. hope u got ur things ready. anyway, was wondering about the wood laminate, are they those type with adhesive at the back? if so that mightinterest me.

then again, i dont really where the place is. any details?

For the wood laminates, i dun think it has any adhesive capability. You would need to buy the glue and apply on it.

If you want adhesive one, you can try Self-Fix or HomeFix. They should have but the designs and sizes are limited.

Punggol is at North East of Singapore. You can take North East Line and alight at the last stop, Punggol. =)

For the wood laminates, i dun think it has any adhesive capability. You would need to buy the glue and apply on it.

If you want adhesive one, you can try Self-Fix or HomeFix. They should have but the designs and sizes are limited.

Punggol is at North East of Singapore. You can take North East Line and alight at the last stop, Punggol. =)

lolx. i guess u misunderstood my point... but anyway...

self fix and home fix sell a roll or adhesive veneer at $11! compare to nieghbourhood sotores which sell the china product of the same type at $2.50!. unfortunately the larger ones, which cost $22 and homefix, is not available in neighbouthood store. which is such a pity.

regarding punggol, of course i know where it is, just that i have no idea which site u are talking about. do know that there are quite a number of sites being work on right now, but not sure which on i can go and pick up staff.

on a side not, a house near my place in jb started renovation last week and i guess i can pick up some things from there...

lolx. i guess u misunderstood my point... but anyway...

self fix and home fix sell a roll or adhesive veneer at $11! compare to nieghbourhood sotores which sell the china product of the same type at $2.50!. unfortunately the larger ones, which cost $22 and homefix, is not available in neighbouthood store. which is such a pity.

regarding punggol, of course i know where it is, just that i have no idea which site u are talking about. do know that there are quite a number of sites being work on right now, but not sure which on i can go and pick up staff.

on a side not, a house near my place in jb started renovation last week and i guess i can pick up some things from there...

lol... you were actually asking about the location of the Formica company? Its at No. 502 Sims Avenue

Singapore 387567. You can google map it loh.

Yah, self-fix and homefix are ex. But certain designs can only be bought from there and not the neighbourhood hardware shop.

You know of Sheng Siong Supermarket at Punggol? Opposite it has a few blocks starting 61x with A,B,C,D. These blocks are under a project called Damai Grove. You can go there and pick loh. Some units already got people staying while most units are still vacant / under renovation. As long as the places are open and got no boundaries, you can just go in and pick loh.

no pics today, facing big trouble from the stupid PVC sheets. the cement isnt well done, so the PVC cant stick. might get some aerosol spray tml to help...

When doing pvc stickers, it may help if you use soap water spray, the type where you spray water before ironing your clothings. The soap water helps you to rub off the bubbles before the sticker turned fully adhered to the substrate. Just sharing some experience with doing pvc stickers.

http://70wood.blogspot.com

Edited by 70wood