Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pingles

Air Con Condensor Dripping Water Problem

i just moved into my new home less than 3 months ago. installed a brand new panasonic air con. now, HDB is telling me that my downstairs neighbour is complaining that my air con condenser is dripping water to theirs and disturbing their sleep at night. i called my air con contractor and they tell me it's a common problem and i just need to install a stainless steel tray to "catch" the water. that'll cost about $180 and is not part of the package when i first contracted from them. hmm... can anyone verify this pls and advise how i should go about this situation? any other alternatives besides doing the tray thing? should my brand new air con unit be dripping in the first place?? :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Seems like a common problem. I also have my neighbour complain on my condenser leaking. I checked with my contractor from Hong Tar. Thay also said that I have to install a stainless steel tray for $150. But I am wondering depending on how much leaking there is, the water may overflow still and drip to your neighbour.

funny... new aircon never drips unless the water pipe is installed outside your premises.

if the aircon pipe is installed outside, the reroute it to your nearest toilet.

If its the condenser ask the aircon guy to settle it....

New condensers will never have this problem...

is your aircon the casement type? then that makes more sense....

anyway ask your aircon centractor to come and check because its still under warranty before it's too late...

i just moved into my new home less than 3 months ago. installed a brand new panasonic air con. now, HDB is telling me that my downstairs neighbour is complaining that my air con condenser is dripping water to theirs and disturbing their sleep at night. i called my air con contractor and they tell me it's a common problem and i just need to install a stainless steel tray to "catch" the water. that'll cost about $180 and is not part of the package when i first contracted from them. hmm... can anyone verify this pls and advise how i should go about this situation? any other alternatives besides doing the tray thing? should my brand new air con unit be dripping in the first place?? :unsure:

Hi everyone, I just moved into an old estate. My upstairs neighbour old aircon has been dripping badly. So bad that the water actually came into our bedroom thus we are unable to open the window at all times as they on their aircon throughout the day; it’s also affecting our sleep.

We have talked to them however they refused to take any action. We also informed HDB to talk to them but no use. Now they are very unhappy with us so everyday their kids stamp the floor and drag their chairs even at 3am. Police can’t help much either, does anyone has any solution?

Get a bamboo stick and poke back at them.

Get a drill and drill the ceiling at the middle of the night. Better still, do it in the common bedroom when their children is asleep in.

If they grow plants on corridor, complain to town council about them.

If u got a dog, get the dog to poo at their door.

But remember, do whatever you want, just don't get caught.

If they play punk, play punk back.

Actually i have the same experience that my neighbour downstair complaint that our aircon dripping too.

I checked with my contractor and ask if we can install a tray below to prevent the drip, he say NO, HDB do not allow to have tray and that is why nowsaday they dont install tray anymore as mosquitos may breed.

So nothing can be done at all..... :dunno:

But I thou can ask the contractor to reconnect the pipe to the toilet? So the water will drip from there.

actually not referring to the pipe to the toilet leak...is the water from the condenser when the aircon runs.

this is unavoidable!!

For condensers that drip.. check where the water comes from.. most likely it is from one of the connection points of the pipe to the CU. Trace the insulated pipe to the CU, you shud see 2 exposed (uninsulated) connection points. Just get some insulation material, from hardware shop and insulate them. Those which are adhesive would be good as you just need to tape the exposed parts.

Hope it helps...

Thanks everyone for your advice. I saw it with my own eyes from our kitchen that the dripping indeed comes from their air-con. However, they still denied. HDB wanted to go into their house to investigate the leaking but they refuse to open the door. Now they ask their kids to stamp the floor at 6am. Everyday our window grill is flooded with water so we are worry that NEA will fine us as my estate has been under the blacklisted estate for dengue. NEA always come and check periodically. We are lost lor, HDB and police can't help, perhaps we should look for MP?

Thanks Aron, we have been knocking on their door day and night for the past 1 month but they refuse to open the door. The more we knock the more stamping and dragging of chairs and table. Even HDB officer complaint to us the owner refuse to open the door. A very nasty family.

Glad to see that all of you are so consider. My upstair neighbour drag their chairs and now even table last night at around 1am. I couldn't sleep whole nite. This morning ard 6am someone pour water down into our air-con. We suspect its them. We have no choice now but to take it as we have to stay there the next 5 years. The more complains we made to HDB/police, the more nasty they are. It suppose to be a new and happy home but now it's a nightmare. How can they turn so ugly just because their air-con dripping.

another way is you get a floor mat put in on your condenser this will shut the noise. but end of the day is how punk u wan to be. off their MAIN Plug if they still try to be funny. but just dun get caught. maybe pay some1 to do it. some small kids or real punks.

Hi guys, the family upstairs will on their air-con daily at 6pm plus. We asked HDB officer to come down to our house to view the leaking as evidence however he told us that he dun work after 6pm. So we no choice but to buy a video camera of $500 to shoot the leaking. Now we have evidence can HDB do something or simply bush us away again?

trust me HDB will still brush u away. there is nothing they can do but to ask the guy upstair to install the stainless steel tray which i bet that guy wont unless u wanna to pay.

the only way is for the gov to make it mandatory that all aircon should come with the tray.

else like i suggest put a black floor mat there to shut the sound. and pray that guy aircon spoilt soon enough and he change it off.