Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rover

3-Roomer : Bachalor'S Paradise

Good good. I absolutely love the location. Very convenient. And yes, 'run in' liao. It's been 9+months leh.

Must post more 'live in' pics for us to appreciate ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Been wondering, for those who dun hv cash in hand and their reno cost more than 30k, how do go abt resolving it? Cos bank only offers 6x salary or 30k, whichever is lower.

Appreciate those who had been thru this give me a thinker (pm me if not convenient to reveal in public domain).

Thks in advance!

Appreciate comments on the quotation:

1e90ed4b.jpg

69adaab6.jpg

a57cb2b9.jpg

Is $46K alot for this work?

This quotation is detailed and stated the cost clearly which is good as this will avoid any miscommunication during reno process. Are you engaging the svc of ID or contractor?

This quotation is detailed and stated the cost clearly which is good as this will avoid any miscommunication during reno process. Are you engaging the svc of ID or contractor?

Getting ID.

Received feedback that it's kinda exp. Any other views/comments frm others?

Getting ID.

Received feedback that it's kinda exp. Any other views/comments frm others?

Haven't had the chance to scrutinise the quotation, but I understand from your t-blog tread that you are doing quite a fair bit right? Tearing down walls, hacking and creating island kitchen etc. Looks like quite market price liao. Can't complain. From experience, I realised it's 'a penny for quality'. Sometimes they might quote you lower, but the quality of the finishing might be a bit different, right down to the laminates, the carpentry, the ceiling works, etc. Even the door frames, handles can vary quite a bit in quality.

Haven't had the chance to scrutinise the quotation, but I understand from your t-blog tread that you are doing quite a fair bit right? Tearing down walls, hacking and creating island kitchen etc. Looks like quite market price liao. Can't complain. From experience, I realised it's 'a penny for quality'. Sometimes they might quote you lower, but the quality of the finishing might be a bit different, right down to the laminates, the carpentry, the ceiling works, etc. Even the door frames, handles can vary quite a bit in quality.

Ya, am at a delimma actually. While agreeing on ur points, am concerned on the quality. Anyway, while I'm not revealing the source of the quotation yet, it's frm a reliable ID who is one of the recommended ones in RT. So far feedbacks on him has been good, both in supervision, managing and after sales.

Ya, am at a delimma actually. While agreeing on ur points, am concerned on the quality. Anyway, while I'm not revealing the source of the quotation yet, it's frm a reliable ID who is one of the recommended ones in RT. So far feedbacks on him has been good, both in supervision, managing and after sales.

hi rover

can pm me who is the id?

Very ex, I would have to say.

Rover, Noted that you have quite a no. of made to measure cabinets.

On the first glance, it looked rather expensive.

IDs would have costs somewhere 20%- 35% more than a contractor, than again there's lots of contractor calling themselves ID in

the market. The electrical and plumber seems on the high sight.

Have you gotten a second quote?

I was KS, had 3-4 quotes, asked until shoik then I settled down with my contractor.

Just some thoughts;

Would you be cooking very often in your home or doing deep drying stuffs?

As I would thought tt eating outside is much more economical than cooking for one pax.

Should that be the case, would you even need to tile your kitchen wall?

Or hack your kitchen floor tiles, waterproof and re-tile? You can do an overlay.

This would save some $3.2k easily.

Agree, I quote "you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. then again some monkeys are asking for macadamia nuts".

Just some thoughts;

Would you be cooking very often in your home or doing deep drying stuffs?

As I would thought tt eating outside is much more economical than cooking for one pax.

Should that be the case, would you even need to tile your kitchen wall?

Or hack your kitchen floor tiles, waterproof and re-tile? You can do an overlay.

This would save some $3.2k easily.

i agree with dexufto's comments. i had to be more realistic esp since i don't have a bottomless wallet. :P

1st apptm this Fri (24/8). Will be able to 'lock-in' my completion date. Thereafter will commence discussions with ID on reno. Counting down....

1st apptm this Fri (24/8). Will be able to 'lock-in' my completion date. Thereafter will commence discussions with ID on reno. Counting down....

How exciting. I can totally identify with that feeling.