Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rover

3-Roomer : Bachalor'S Paradise

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Seller asked for full 8 weeks (completion date fixed on 17 Oct), after that extension 1 mth as they buying another resale too. Means earliest my reno will start will be in mid Nov.

Seller asked for full 8 weeks (completion date fixed on 17 Oct), after that extension 1 mth as they buying another resale too. Means earliest my reno will start will be in mid Nov.

then your current place leh? where would you stay then?

then your current place leh? where would you stay then?

Current place completion of sale on 19 Sep. Will be putting up at my mum's place for the interim.

Decided to engage Roy frm IR Design. Reviews on his works and attitude are positive thus far and my discussions wif him were pleasant.

Though haven officially signed the contract and apply for my reno loan, he has been helping in his advices. Will be gradually getting him to assist in tiles selection and purchases of the necc accessories to prepare for the reno. Working on a tight schedule so hope that all the preparations works could be planned out in advance first. Initially hope to complete reno by year end but doubted so since seller insisted on 8th week completion. Most likely could only shift in by mid Jan as reno will takes min 6 weeks.

Thinking of doing something diff. May be forgoing the island kitchen and stick with normal kitchen cabinet design. I seldom cook so am now contemplating to revamp the traditional 3NG layout concept and to hv a balcony create out frm the kitchen space. Typical 3NG kitchen's length is abt 6m. Will segregate out abt 3m frm the kitchen windows area to form a balcony area (smoking cum cosy corner). Will expand the remaining kitchen area slightly into the old living room area (refer to my precious posts on hacking the common room to become a new living room area). Since I seldom cook, I dun need a large kitchen area. Reason to 'eat' into the old living room area is to create smoother walking space, rather making the kitchen area crampy after creating the balcony.

A small coffee table + 2 chairs, coupled with nice wall or hanging ceiling lamp, and different wall/floor tiles shld create the desired ambience for the cosy corner at the balcony.

Edited by Rover

Thinking of doing something diff. May be forgoing the island kitchen and stick with normal kitchen cabinet design. I seldom cook so am now contemplating to revamp the traditional 3NG layout concept and to hv a balcony create out frm the kitchen space. Typical 3NG kitchen's length is abt 6m. Will segregate out abt 3m frm the kitchen windows area to form a balcony area (smoking cum cosy corner). Will expand the remaining kitchen area slightly into the old living room area (refer to my precious posts on hacking the common room to become a new living room area). Since I seldom cook, I dun need a large kitchen area. Reason to 'eat' into the old living room area is to create smoother walking space, rather making the kitchen area crampy after creating the balcony.

A small coffee table + 2 chairs, coupled with nice wall or hanging ceiling lamp, and different wall/floor tiles shld create the desired ambience for the cosy corner at the balcony.

Hi Rover!

Dropping in to say hi and good luck for ur reno =D anyway, ur ideas sound good! tailors to your needs (cosy smoking corner, smaller kitchen n living room) - excited to see how this bachelor pad will turn out! are you planning to go all white or do smthing like liebling's tiong bahru SIT? =D

sarah

Hi Rover!

Dropping in to say hi and good luck for ur reno =D anyway, ur ideas sound good! tailors to your needs (cosy smoking corner, smaller kitchen n living room) - excited to see how this bachelor pad will turn out! are you planning to go all white or do smthing like liebling's tiong bahru SIT? =D

sarah

Tentatively all white. See how it goes along the way. U knw Roy, certain issues might be dropped or changed due to practicality.

Oei, dun compare wif liebling... mine's no where to be his standard... Lol

Hi rover, is the quotation u posted previously from Roy?

Yup. Subject to changes and revisions. Juz a rough quote prior to detailed discussions.

Shifted out of my current place today. Packed and store all bulky items at storage place. Essential items moved to my mum's place where I'll be staying for the next 4 mths or so.

Today buyer came for final inspection. She looked happy of all my customized furnishings and said that she'll only be doing minor touchup. Completion date : Wed 19 Sep.

So sad and down leaving my current house juz nw. Lived there for 10yrs plus. Many fond memories, esp that of my little rascal (frm birth till nw) *sob sob*

Moving on :

My buying 2nd Apptm - 17 Oct

Extension by seller - 1 mth

Reno start - mid Nov