Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rover

3-Roomer : Bachalor'S Paradise

Thks guys.

Had decided on which ID and gotten a rough quote. Gonna do a total revamp of the unit which will be costing me some mid $40plus K.

Anyway, wrt the pipes, most are air vents and since I'm living on the top floor, shld not be a prob to re-route them. Hope no hiccups frm HDB side. I wun be renovating that soon, probably by Dec then will start. Hope will be able to complete in time before the CNY rush where all the workers are gg bank Msia/China.

Had a brief discussion with my ID and will be doing some adjustment to the kitchen design. Stay tuned for island kitchen for 3-room! Whahaha... :) Hope the plan will work out well.

Edited by Rover

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi rover, i'm getting my 3I flat soon as well. may i ask, what's your idea for your island kitchen? its something i have planned too, but space is really a constraint (unless i extend it into the living room).

thanks in advance.

hi rover, i'm getting my 3I flat soon as well. may i ask, what's your idea for your island kitchen? its something i have planned too, but space is really a constraint (unless i extend it into the living room).

thanks in advance.

Yes, u likely need to extend ur kitchen into the living room cos the 3I kitchen and living room length are much shorter compared to 3NG (kitchen abt 1.2m shorter, living abt 1m shorter). Also, extending into living room will make the living smaller and shorter. Probably an island might not be suitable for ur 3I unit, although the width of the kitchen is sufficiently comfy at both sides for an island.

U may wish to put forth the idea to ur ID to see if he/she can work out some designs for u to make it possible to hv an island. Hv fun revamping and renovating :)

Guys, are there really some types of older 3rm HDB that are not allowed to perform hacking works? How to check whether a particular block of flats allow/disallow?

Guys, are there really some types of older 3rm HDB that are not allowed to perform hacking works? How to check whether a particular block of flats allow/disallow?

One way to check is ask for the floorplan of the unit u keen in, either from the owner or u can purchase directly from hdb website. Another way is to find out frm hdb, the technical officer of ur desired purchase unit. Then ask the officer on the wall(s) which u wishes to hack whether is it prefab or structural wall(s). Do be mindful that there are instances where the floorplan doesn't indicate bold line (ie structural wall) but end up is prefab wall and can't hack. Best is to check properly before signing OTP.

Anyone into art piece? Need to knw where I could get a replica of this painting :

7a894277.jpg

** note - for those who aren't farmiliar with this painting, there are interesting hidden meanings/interpretations behind. The dressed lady is representing US, lying lady Russia, tattoo lady China, full nude lady Japan & standing lady Taiwan. So, let ur mind boggle and start visualizing ur own interpretations of wat indicators these ladies are telling ;)

Edited by Rover

Anyone into art piece? Need to knw where I could get a replica of this painting :

7a894277.jpg

** note - for those who aren't farmiliar with this painting, there are interesting hidden meanings/interpretations behind. The dressed lady is representing US, lying lady Russia, tattoo lady China, full nude lady Japan & standing lady Taiwan. So, let ur mind boggle and start visualizing ur own interpretations of wat indicators these ladies are telling ;)

i've read about it before, it is one of the most intriguing painting.

title of the painting?

CLUE: Olympics

Edited by renovice

7a894277.jpg

i goggled "naked girls playing mahjong" and got a hit. :sport-smiley-004:

Art shops in Chinatown do replicas. Go check out the shops and browse what they have. If they don't can give then a clear photo, and they can get artists to copy. That is if you can't find reprints for sale lah.

Art shops in Chinatown do replicas. Go check out the shops and browse what they have. If they don't can give then a clear photo, and they can get artists to copy. That is if you can't find reprints for sale lah.

Thks alot. Any particular shop(s) to intro?

Thks alot. Any particular shop(s) to intro?

I can't remember the exact shop. If I didn't get it wrong, there should be one along South Bridge Rd. One of those shop houses, on the side where Smith/Temple/Sago Street is.

I can't remember the exact shop. If I didn't get it wrong, there should be one along South Bridge Rd. One of those shop houses, on the side where Smith/Temple/Sago Street is.

Noted with thanks.

How ur house? 'run in' oredi? Lol ;)

Noted with thanks.

How ur house? 'run in' oredi? Lol ;)

Good good. I absolutely love the location. Very convenient. And yes, 'run in' liao. It's been 9+months leh.