Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luvalist

First House, Lesson 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My kitchen is also white. I like your 2 door fridge. I agree that ur stove is too close to the fridge, but why did u agree to this layout?

Edited by potatoes

Love your "Green" concept. I wanted to do something like this, so the plants you getting dun need much sunlight?

Read your issues with your ID (felt sorry for you), its seem the ID never really do properly planning or they lack of logic in house planning.

But your house still look nicely put together. :rolleyes:

Edited by IPineapple

We're using a similar pendant black frame light as you! :) We got it from Motto abt 3 mths ago, even bk then, there were only 2 left or something.

Lurve how yr home s shaping up, really looking forward to more photos!

That's aquamarine! I wanted to choose pink, white strips actually or pokka dots maybe? But ID refused to paint for me. and Fengshui master said cannot have red... and so in memory of my younger sis who passed away 1 year plus ago, I chose something close to Turquois (her fav color).

what a reason to choose this color right!

and thanks for the info! we bought it at ebay. It says 5 in stock but this China maker said it's out of stock when we paid. So gotta wait another 2 weeks! FINGER CROSSED!

Before that, we did go to Motto but black (both sizes) went out of stock. The lighting shop is LC Lighting, also out of stock! Super frustrating.

metalbone: YES!! TOO FREAKING NEAR IN FACT! It's all nice to look at but functionality wise, totally CMI. Prior to this, my ID also installed a hood switch on the bottom cabinet. When the fridge was installed, we can't touch the switch at all! So we complained (together with all the frustrating things), they replaced the bottom cabinet and changed the switch to inside. :P

Nice design and decor.

The living plants wall and island is nice

Btw did u realise yr bedroom 2 and 3 is bigger than the home layout plan???

I view based on the 60x60 floor tiles in your pics....

Eg bedroom 3, the width is 2400, about 4x600 tiles.... Yr pic shows got 5....

Was it changed by hdb or that i was wrong? Lol

Thanks! We are looking forward too! Sept! We give them an ultimatum to up it on 10 Sept. Can't wait!

Lemme show you how our plants are doing. the Greenology people are so nice, they actually give us pictures!

6069046757_443ab2ea6a.jpg

P8202371 by Sonic04, on Flickr

6069046175_87073964cd.jpg

P8202370 by Sonic04, on Flickr

Hi

Are these plants hard to maintain? Did you pay a bomb to get these specially planted for you?

Installing green wall now!

Anywhere just wanna rant... PE charged ID $650. ID charged us $650 + gst! Wtf. Dunno if they are overly transparent that they showed us the PE invoice or under transparent that they didn't tell us before. Maybe that's the common practice but just feel very eeks.

Pictures to come soon!

Hi

Are these plants hard to maintain? Did you pay a bomb to get these specially planted for you?

Abt $3k for the wall. Maintenance wise *finger crossed* hehe. But we are setting a timer for the watering and bought the handy duster to clean the plant!

Wah pek chek. The green wall pple say that the measurement is wrong 5cm difference!! So told us today cannot install. This is really unacceptable and I shouted at everyone here!

How can the measurement be wrong? Our house didn't change for the last one mth!

So he is taking it back to cut. Wasting our time to wait for them here.

Applause for our "luck"! Something wrong with the green wall yet again. There is a 15 cm gap all around the side of the green panels when it should cover the whole wall!

Sigh. ID said it's the green wall guy who screwed it up, green wall guy said it's ID who screw it up!

Whoever screw up, we as the owner pay for this mistake.

The panels will be left in our house and Greenology will refabricate the wall for us.

Applause for our "luck"! Something wrong with the green wall yet again. There is a 15 cm gap all around the side of the green panels when it should cover the whole wall!

Sigh. ID said it's the green wall guy who screwed it up, green wall guy said it's ID who screw it up!

Whoever screw up, we as the owner pay for this mistake.

The panels will be left in our house and Greenology will refabricate the wall for us.

Oh dear! Poor thing! Your beautiful green wall still isn't ready!

What about the rest of the defects? Has your ID rectified those?

Hi luvalist.. Jus wan to check with u furniture wise did u get b4 hand already or did u go everything the same as the 3D drawing?

breathe! breathe! breathe! i can totally feel your anger from jsut reading your posts.. must be tough ya? hang in there! just remember that at the end of the day.. you will have a wonderful home to go back to when it's all done! :)