Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
walkingdead

Teak Furniture

hi kalimantan, do u hv any idea how much a 1.3/1.5m dining table would cost roughly from barossa ?

i was speaking to someone in lux arcana in the furniture mall at toh guan, she tells me they use burmese teak wood as well, just the 1.5m table costs $1.8k :jawdrop:

Hi Dragonnite

I managed to get my last invoice from barossa.

Date : 24 Dec 2010 - where i agreed with him on the design of the TV console

Dimension : 2m x 50cm x 45cm

Total : $1900 (a mistake in typo above in previous post)

Delivery : 2011 - March period (on average 3 months)

How i select design : Go to other furniture shops, look at their designs, take pictures, then go to barossa shop and he will custom-made similar design

David from Barossa is the boss. He is passionate in Teak Wood (live and breathe). When i step into his previous River Valley shops, he explain Teak wood to me and he even show me the Wood he used. He is not a "just to sell person". He knows his quality of teak wood. Honestly don't even think of bargaining.

Anyway I can upload photos of the teak wood tv console i had. (but i don't know how to do it)..Maybe you email me and i sent you photos ?

I kept all invoices from Day 1 I bought all kinds of furnitures. Honestly stick to Teak Wood, not compressed Wood. Sometimes adding a few hundreds dollars there, means quality can last. If my next compressed woods fails, I would go for David from Barossa. I trust his quality and workmanship.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Dragonnite

I managed to get my last invoice from barossa.

Date : 24 Dec 2010 - where i agreed with him on the design of the TV console

Dimension : 2m x 50cm x 45cm

Total : $1900 (a mistake in typo above in previous post)

Delivery : 2011 - March period (on average 3 months)

How i select design : Go to other furniture shops, look at their designs, take pictures, then go to barossa shop and he will custom-made similar design

David from Barossa is the boss. He is passionate in Teak Wood (live and breathe). When i step into his previous River Valley shops, he explain Teak wood to me and he even show me the Wood he used. He is not a "just to sell person". He knows his quality of teak wood. Honestly don't even think of bargaining.

Anyway I can upload photos of the teak wood tv console i had. (but i don't know how to do it)..Maybe you email me and i sent you photos ?

I kept all invoices from Day 1 I bought all kinds of furnitures. Honestly stick to Teak Wood, not compressed Wood. Sometimes adding a few hundreds dollars there, means quality can last. If my next compressed woods fails, I would go for David from Barossa. I trust his quality and workmanship.

Agree with you about using solid wood furniture in general - i love the rich golden hue of teak, probably affected by my dad when i was growing up. :)

I've just placed an order for my teak dining set from scanteak as burmese teak is out of my budget for now. However, would be interested to take a look at your tv console since i'm currently undecided on whether i want to get my carpenter to custom make or for me to buy one off the shelf. i'll pm you with my email and please send me the pictures, really appreciate it. :)

btw, according to the website, would have to call david to make an appointment - how long in advance do you call him up ?

Agree with you about using solid wood furniture in general - i love the rich golden hue of teak, probably affected by my dad when i was growing up. :)

I've just placed an order for my teak dining set from scanteak as burmese teak is out of my budget for now. However, would be interested to take a look at your tv console since i'm currently undecided on whether i want to get my carpenter to custom make or for me to buy one off the shelf. i'll pm you with my email and please send me the pictures, really appreciate it. :)

btw, according to the website, would have to call david to make an appointment - how long in advance do you call him up ?

Yes i will sent pic to your private email. Give me by end of this week.

You just have to call David over cell phone and make appointment and drop by this place . It is ok if you are not buying anything. What I am afraid of is you fall in love with teak and then start ordering :-)

Honestly when i first met him, I ask him how his wood compare to Scanteak ...hmmm i shall leave this question to you and ask.

If you read his web site carefully, "reading between the lines", he does not want to compete on "every" teakwood you can find in the market. Maybe you can bring your dad along with you, and your dad experiences may give you some hints.

The only thing about David's company is he lacks manpower for delivery (that was in 2010 then). Eg he may deliver for you, and don't expect him to help you to dump the older furniture, unless you tell him in advance and specified that in the invoice.

checked out ethnicraft.com.sg but it only has email as form of communication :(

no phone number to call, no address of the warehouse, need to wait for email reply. gosh.... if i've problem with the furniture do i have to email them and wait again? anyone bought their stuff before, any review?

i think price for ethnicraft not bad. dining table 1.3k - 2k. and quality also v good. solid teak wood. they even have extendable tables. yes, agree with jojorock, they are v responsive even on email!