Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alantanbk

Buy Hk And Shanghai Stock With Online Trading Firm

HI,

I kind of new in trading, so if i would like to buy Hong Kong and Shanghai, as well as Singapore share, which online trading company is suggested??

Any experience or suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks once again.

Trully

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HI,

I kind of new in trading, so if i would like to buy Hong Kong and Shanghai, as well as Singapore share, which online trading company is suggested??

Trully

Learn first to flip, then crawl, follow by walk, run then fly, finally free fall. No short cut or quick fix.

Trade local first. Open CDP account, open trading account with respective trading houses (mine is UOB kay Hian), sign cpf form for standby to activate cpf form.

Link your prefer bank account(s) for different currencies with trading house for internet EPS $$$ transfer.

Poems seem to be the best with access to oversea platforms. Remember, broker will always impose a "maximum cap" on your account if your status is new. Trading oversea stocks is indifferent to purchasing oversea properties.

http://www.poems.com.sg/globalmarkets/global.html

Happy trading.

Edited by bepgof

Learn first to flip, then crawl, follow by walk, run then fly, finally free fall. No short cut or quick fix.

Trade local first. Open CDP account, open trading account with respective trading houses (mine is UOB kay Hian), sign cpf form for standby to activate cpf form.

Link your prefer bank account(s) for different currencies with trading house for internet EPS $$$ transfer.

Poems seem to be the best with access to oversea platforms. Remember, broker will always impose a "maximum cap" on your account if your status is new. Trading oversea stocks is indifferent to purchasing oversea properties.

http://www.poems.com.sg/globalmarkets/global.html

Happy trading.

Hi bepgof,

Is shares, stocks & equities all refer to the same things ?

Is it necessary to open a CDP account in Singapore to buy initial launch bonds, shares etc ?

If yes, where can I open a CDP account ?

Thanks

HI,

Trully

Plenty out there: Citi, DBS vickers, uob kayhian, poems, interactive brokers, stanchart etc. Go and speak to them, you'll get open arms

Hi bepgof,

Is shares, stocks & equities all refer to the same things ?

Is it necessary to open a CDP account in Singapore to buy initial launch bonds, shares etc ?

If yes, where can I open a CDP account ?

Thanks

"shares" is a layman term, refers to "common stock", or "preference stock".

Those traded in the SGX are mostly "common stock". Preference stock holder has first priority in receiving company's assets if there is a winding up, as compared to common stock holders. Preference shares usually has higher dividend and has lesser volumn circulated in the mkt......

In financial mkt, equities is a "general term". Can refer to shares, deviatives, FX, unit trust, FD, saving acct, bond... anything that deal with $$$ and title, in the financial mkt. In accounting, it is defined as (assets-liabilities), very much simple & straight forward.

Many yrs ago (~1991), in singapore, all shares' scripts(certificates) were transformed into "scriptless". During those time, when one buy shares, the certificate can be either be kept by broker/trustees or physical delivery to buyer, remember there certificate got serial no. When sell, the correct certificate must be presented, it is very headace for brokers. Only those "long term" investors would want physical possession of the scripts.

Gov realised this and created a CDP company under SGX, so all tansaction become "scripless" = all buy/sell records go to CDP. So to trade share, one MUST have an individual CDP account. Just approach any trading house broker....

If want to tradw share in different currencies, best to have accounts in respective currencies...

"shares" is a layman term, refers to "common stock", or "preference stock".

Those traded in the SGX are mostly "common stock". Preference stock holder has first priority in receiving company's assets if there is a winding up, as compared to common stock holders. Preference shares usually has higher dividend and has lesser volumn circulated in the mkt......

In financial mkt, equities is a "general term". Can refer to shares, deviatives, FX, unit trust, FD, saving acct, bond... anything that deal with $$$ and title, in the financial mkt. In accounting, it is defined as (assets-liabilities), very much simple & straight forward.

Many yrs ago (~1991), in singapore, all shares' scripts(certificates) were transformed into "scriptless". During those time, when one buy shares, the certificate can be either be kept by broker/trustees or physical delivery to buyer, remember there certificate got serial no. When sell, the correct certificate must be presented, it is very headace for brokers. Only those "long term" investors would want physical possession of the scripts.

Gov realised this and created a CDP company under SGX, so all tansaction become "scripless" = all buy/sell records go to CDP. So to trade share, one MUST have an individual CDP account. Just approach any trading house broker....

If want to tradw share in different currencies, best to have accounts in respective currencies...

So what do you put your money in?

Trading blogs can be hit or miss, but I recently came across one called https://thetradingbible.com/rising-wedge-pattern-formation-charts-target that seems pretty useful so far. Just yesterday I was reading their article on rising wedge chart patterns. It gave clear examples of how to spot the setup and how to calculate price targets. I actually pulled up a few stock charts after and tried finding some rising wedges to practice identifying them. On daily chart, I spotted what looked like a textbook example forming over the past few weeks, pretty neat! Thetradingbible has some good introductory posts like that which explain basic concepts step-by-step. Check them out if you're looking for trading education content with visuals. Even if you don't trade, chart analysis itself can be interesting!