Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kalimantan

Led Lights - Need Reliable Costings

i've planned to convert my existing apartments to LED lights.

I know LED lights are good, so this thread will not be about the advantages over conventional lightings. What i wish to know are :

a) for installation per piece of LED lights, what is the per LED object charges like ? Example if my living room has 10 pieces of conventional round lights, and workers require to perform 10 installation , what will be the cost like ? I went to Balestier area and was quote $8 per installation LED.

b) LED lights - do i need to know any brand name that is reliable or LED technology is almost the same for all brand of LED lights ?

c) I need electrical contractor to come to my place to view and give a quote. Can anyone PM me ?

d) I can get electrical repairman from NTUC income services, and i believe they are bosses of their own companies. Is it reliable to engage them ?

Please share your experiences with LED lights.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

actually you need to know if you are going to re-use your existing lights fittings or new lights

you need to determine what kind of led product you wish to get .. bulb or downlights or etc lights

for downlights you need to get back same size downlights unless you are replacing the lights inside

for bulbs can you change yourself?

for downlights i think im charged 10 per installation (but havent been billed yet) by my contractor

my led downlights get from china - epistar type

Edited by ayukie

does LED lights itself have different grades ?

does china made led lights - of no good quality ?

How many years warranty does the shop provides ?

the manufacturer is giving me 2 yrs warranty but for me i will do as a BATA .. (cost)

i saw the same lights selling for 110+ gst in balestier and no warranty as well so makes no diff to me ..

they have diff driver type .. cree, epistar and etc and of course the material used to make the lights and diff wattage and all ..

i've planned to convert my existing apartments to LED lights.

I know LED lights are good, so this thread will not be about the advantages over conventional lightings. What i wish to know are :

a) for installation per piece of LED lights, what is the per LED object charges like ? Example if my living room has 10 pieces of conventional round lights, and workers require to perform 10 installation , what will be the cost like ? I went to Balestier area and was quote $8 per installation LED.

b) LED lights - do i need to know any brand name that is reliable or LED technology is almost the same for all brand of LED lights ?

c) I need electrical contractor to come to my place to view and give a quote. Can anyone PM me ?

d) I can get electrical repairman from NTUC income services, and i believe they are bosses of their own companies. Is it reliable to engage them ?

Please share your experiences with LED lights.

A LED lightset usually consists of the light source and LED driver. The installation of LED light is in fact no different from conventional light that comes with a ballast. Hence, retrofitting fitting cost should be similar to installing conventional lighting as you already have the lighting point established in the house.

To judge the quality of LED light, first you look at the finish of the light. Good finishing is a sign of better quality though not a guarantee. It is not easy to tell the quality of light right when they are all new. Choose a shop who offers long warranty period and choose reliable LED driver for your light.

1.you need to know what kind of led light you want?led spot light,led down light, led bulb led PLC light?

2.the usually led on the market are: CREE/Edison/Epistar.

3.The usual warranty the supplier provide is two years.

4.You can find good quality and also bad quality in China. This depend on how much you pay.

I order led light bulb from dealextreme.com. Very cheap. I got those that have standard e24 fitting and has been test running them in the toilet for 4 months so far so good. Getting my contractor to change the PL fittings to e24 at my new place....hopefully work out well....

Different LED chip makers produce LED chips with varied quality. However for raw LED chip at the wafer factory. LED chips are divided into different "bins" based on the actual colour temperature of the LED chip. Serious lighting manufacturer will use LED chips of the same bin to maintain the colour consistency of their lighting products.

does LED lights itself have different grades ?

--------------------------

flexible led strip lighting

led outdoor lighting fixtures

mini led light bars

Edited by collins