Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenjo

Of Grey, White And Neutral

Hi theitsybits, we did not engage an ID.

We have an architect in the house, he is the man behind the design. In fact, we didn't even tell him the specifications of what we wanted except that I want a open concept kitchen like his. We just leave him to do his thing.

Really love how it turned out.

very very nice! i love how the white carpentry enlarges the space and reflects light to keep the place bright. :thumbs up:

i'm curious which ID did this for u too! :P

Edited by kenjo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

As we all know, shoes, handbags and clothes are a woman's best friend.

When the design plan was revealed to us, I was wondering where my or rather our shoes are to be placed as it was no where to be found on the plan.

We were open to using part of the bomb shelter to store our shoes but I am concerned that we will bring in alot of sand into the house, which will make cleaning worst for me.

Upon request, his uncle designed the following shoe cabinet, which was to be placed next to our main door and thought of a clever way to ensure our main door can open to its max.

SHOE CABINET

ShoeRack.png

As you can see, our shoe cabinet is a moveable one. There are hinges to attach the shoe cabinet onto the wall next to it so that when we need to move big items into our home, our main door can still be opened to its max! :dancingqueen:

Edited by kenjo

Hihi... could you share with us your space planning plans drawn with you floor plans?

sorry but finding it hard to visualise where the wardrobe is... they're really very nice!!

PocketDoors.png

~ Top left :- Pocket door that is between our MBR and baby's room.

~ Bottom left :- Toilet

~ Right :- Study Room

Hi Kenjo - may i ask yours ia a new flat, hence, how did you manage to do pocket doors for your toilets? do you need to hack any wall?

and i like your house design very much.. looking very nice indeed!

Angie

Thank you all for your positive comments!

This is the overview of how our home design is like. The detailed plans are in A3 hard copied format so it will be difficult to share.

P5053089.jpg

Our wardrobe cum storage area extends out from our kitchen sink counter, forming a L-shape, which in the centre between the bedrooms, bomb shelter and toilets.

We only have 1 false ceiling, above the sink counter and stretches across to demarcate our dining area.

Hi Angie, ours is a new flat. We didn't hack any walls to do the pocket doors for the toilets.

The doors are built outside the toilet. My contractor did a "skeleton" outside the toilets.

Perhaps the picture below will be clearer as to how the doors are installed.

P5193311.jpg

Hi Kenjo - may i ask yours ia a new flat, hence, how did you manage to do pocket doors for your toilets? do you need to hack any wall?

and i like your house design very much.. looking very nice indeed!

Angie

Hi Angie, ours is a new flat. We didn't hack any walls to do the pocket doors for the toilets.

The doors are built outside the toilet. My contractor did a "skeleton" outside the toilets.

Perhaps the picture below will be clearer as to how the doors are installed.

P5193311.jpg

Thank you, can you share the contact of your contractor with me? Thanks so much!!

Hihi... now i get a better idea of the layout of your place... its really unique!!

Can i ask a silly qn? After entering from the front door can one go direcly to the living room? coz from the floor plan it looks like its blocked by the dining table and counter top?

Hi,

it's not a silly question. I think u were referring to the beams on the ceiling.

After we enter from the front door, we will see the dining table (if we have one) with the sink counter on its left. But if we don't, then we can just walk straight to the living room directly.

Hihi... now i get a better idea of the layout of your place... its really unique!!

Can i ask a silly qn? After entering from the front door can one go direcly to the living room? coz from the floor plan it looks like its blocked by the dining table and counter top?

Edited by kenjo

Our main renoworks were completed a few weeks ago and the last thing to do is to purchase our lightings, sofa and dining table.

We have been doing the legwork over a few weekends to various points in Singapore, mainly Balestier, to see lightings. We finally made our purchases in 3 different shops and soon, these lights will be hanging in my home!

DINING AREA :- Grey PH5 Replica [ In the middle ]

IMG-20120818-WA0000.jpg

This is the very first light you will see the moment the main door is opened.

LIVING AREA :-

IMG-20120818-WA0004.jpg

MIL suggested this light to soften things up in our living area. This definately does the job!

MBR + STUDY :- Simple Round Light

IMG-20120818-WA0001.jpg

We were first shown the pendent version of this light. Both of us liked it alot and was introduced the ceiling version. Decided to go along with the ceiling version for our MBR & Study.

KITCHEN SINK COUNTER :- LED Down Light x 2 [ Extreme Right ]

IMG-20120818-WA0002.jpg

We had a lot of problem looking for a suitable LED light as our false ceiling is not so thick. Am so glad we finally found something suitable!

SERVICE YARD :- 2ft LED Tube [ 2nd from Right ]

IMG-20120818-WA0003.jpg

We realised that the position of the light's wiring is very close to the wall. Hence, we decided to get something longish to fit in that position. Hopefully 2ft is bright enough to cover the whole area.

This is the one of the large items we had to purchase for our new home. A SOFA!!

We knew from the start that we wanted a fabric L-shaped sofa... and the choice of colour, GREY!

But after visiting so many furniture shops advertised on the papers, we ventured from fabric to leather to fabric to leather to... well... you get the point... we just couldn't make up our mind which material to use after listening to the pros and cons.

Anyways, we travelled from the east to the west, to the central of Singapore, and finally found this awesome place to customise our dream sofa. The end product will look like this without the side ottoman ( Left ) ...

IMAG1392.jpg

but in this colour...

IMG-20120820-WA0000.jpg

"What is so special about our sofa?", you may asked. "Looks the same to me.", you may say.

Well, first and foremost, the grey is in the perfect shade which I really love. All the greys I have seen did not please me as much as this one.

Secondly, I do not like the arm of the sofa to be thicker than how this one looks (found out that this arm is 7").

Thirdly, the height and the feel of sitting on this sofa is really right!

So, yes, we can finally close the chapter on sofa! Yeah! :dancingqueen:

Edited by kenjo

KITCHEN SINK COUNTER :- LED Down Light x 2 [ Extreme Right ]

IMG-20120818-WA0002.jpg

We had a lot of problem looking for a suitable LED light as our false ceiling is not so thick. Am so glad we finally found something suitable!

SERVICE YARD :- 2ft LED Tube [ 2nd from Right ]

IMG-20120818-WA0003.jpg

We realised that the position of the light's wiring is very close to the wall. Hence, we decided to get something longish to fit in that position. Hopefully 2ft is bright enough to cover the whole area.

Hi

How much did you pay for the LED downlight and the tubelight?