Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenjo

Of Grey, White And Neutral

All new hdb flats have them. You can ask ard here to see anyone wants to sell theirs. Those that uses dryer might sell this away. I saw someone selling away theirs before.

Ic, thanks alot May_dream1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This is a love / hate picture. Check out the kitchen sink counter lights. The colour is different from my dining and living area. I chose the wrong colour!! I only realised this mistake after the lights were up! In my earlier post about my lights selection, I mentioned that I chose the extreme right... but after thinking about it... I actually chose the centre one. Sigh... It was made worst as it is LED which means I can't even change the bulb... If I want to change, the whole thing must go. That is my $90 mistake! :bangwall:

Does it look weird? Pls give me your opinions.

I would change the light... when all the lights are switched on, the ambience would be nicer I think. Actually I like my place to be bright so the lights in my dining room and kitchen are consistently switched on even if we are in the living room. With the same lighting tone, the entire place is bathed in nice 'warm' lighting instead of having different light patches.

But it all boils down to personal preferences and tolerance in the end.

Have been enjoying your home transformation. Jia you! :)

Thanks adidaem! Let me think about it! hehehe

I would change the light... when all the lights are switched on, the ambience would be nicer I think. Actually I like my place to be bright so the lights in my dining room and kitchen are consistently switched on even if we are in the living room. With the same lighting tone, the entire place is bathed in nice 'warm' lighting instead of having different light patches.

But it all boils down to personal preferences and tolerance in the end.

Have been enjoying your home transformation. Jia you! :)

Here are some pictures of our toilets.

MBR ::

MBRToilet.png

Given that this is our first very own MBR toilet, we decided to splurge on it a little more. We got ourselves a Omni rainshower and a Cristo toilet bowl. Loves how the tap of the rainshower system could be stowed away when not needed.

I didn't remember choosing the handle of my shower screen door... perhaps Ken did... hehehe... but I am so glad that it matches with my toilet paper holder, which are both more rectangular rather than the usual round.

Common ::

CommonToilet.png

We didn't do much to this toilet except to change the original wash basin and add on a few sanitary accessories.

Ever since we bought our dining table, we've been on the look out for dining chairs.

I love the legs of the original dining chairs but both of us do not like the look of the chair and it cost quite a bit since it is leather bond. Hence, the quest of the search of the perfect dining chair.

Did I mention how difficult this task it? No? It is like fishing a needle out of a haystack. We almost wanted to throw in the towel by getting the original chairs, provided it is within our budget!

Anyways, we been to a particular shop so many times, and a few other reputable ones and ended up buying from that particular shop! So tiring!

On days like these, I am really thankful for the car that we have and that I have already given birth. Couldn't imagine running up and down, here and there and everywhere to look for things if I am still preggy. I am also really glad we could move on to other essential items on the list!

Here's a review of my dining table. Picture taken from the showroom ::

2012-09-02132313.jpg

The key to the chosen one is that it must be walnut wood to match the table. Cost wise must be within our budget. Can't believe how expensive a dining chair can get!

Here's are the candidates and our buy. Really hope it matches our table! If not... :~

01. Elbow Chair

We have seen so many versions of this famous chair at different places and we really like it but not the price to customise it.

2012-09-08172336.jpg

Some places have cheaper versions but somehow the colour is not it and we were not allowed to customise. The closest we could find was this...

2012-09-08161221.jpg

I was sure it would match our dining table, pocket friendly too but Ken doesn't like the orangey look.

We were able to customise it at the shop where we bought our dining chair but the price is a big :no::no: .

02. Alize Chair

2012-09-08174246.jpg

It caught Ken's eyes some time back and with the sale still ongoing, the price is more pocket friendly so it's a :deal:.

COLOUR CHOSEN ::

2012-09-08174136.jpg

Same as display and matches my theme as it is grey and white! I like!

Personally, I felt that the walnut veener is a little too dark but this is the best we could get. Too tired to look around more. hehe

Edited by kenjo

Our main renoworks were completed a few weeks ago and the last thing to do is to purchase our lightings, sofa and dining table.

We have been doing the legwork over a few weekends to various points in Singapore, mainly Balestier, to see lightings. We finally made our purchases in 3 different shops and soon, these lights will be hanging in my home!

DINING AREA :- Grey PH5 Replica [ In the middle ]

IMG-20120818-WA0000.jpg

This is the very first light you will see the moment the main door is opened.

LIVING AREA :-

IMG-20120818-WA0004.jpg

MIL suggested this light to soften things up in our living area. This definately does the job!

MBR + STUDY :- Simple Round Light

IMG-20120818-WA0001.jpg

We were first shown the pendent version of this light. Both of us liked it alot and was introduced the ceiling version. Decided to go along with the ceiling version for our MBR & Study.

KITCHEN SINK COUNTER :- LED Down Light x 2 [ Extreme Right ]

IMG-20120818-WA0002.jpg

We had a lot of problem looking for a suitable LED light as our false ceiling is not so thick. Am so glad we finally found something suitable!

SERVICE YARD :- 2ft LED Tube [ 2nd from Right ]

IMG-20120818-WA0003.jpg

We realised that the position of the light's wiring is very close to the wall. Hence, we decided to get something longish to fit in that position. Hopefully 2ft is bright enough to cover the whole area.

Nice! May I know where u get ur mbr round lights? I saw at Chan Huat but they say no stock. :( n I need the lights by next week.

Hi original bread, I bought them from Chan Huat. They have two sizes... Both OOS?

Nice! May I know where u get ur mbr round lights? I saw at Chan Huat but they say no stock. :( n I need the lights by next week.

Hi original bread, I bought them from Chan Huat. They have two sizes... Both OOS?

Hi Kenjo

Not sure about the big one but the smaller one is out of stock and I do find the smaller one more suitable for my small mbr. Which size did u use? Btw, the ph5 light looks really nice. Is it from chan huat too? I thot one of ur pics look like Light+form concept shop. Must be at least $300+?

Anyways, we travelled from the east to the west, to the central of Singapore, and finally found this awesome place to customise our dream sofa. The end product will look like this without the side ottoman ( Left ) ...

IMAG1392.jpg

Where is this awesome place?

I used the small one as my MBR is quite small too. Did they tell you when new stocks are coming in?

My PH5 is from Light+Form. I really like this light and managed to bargain so I bought it. It is the most expensive light in the house but also give me the most headache as it doesn't seem straight when hung. Need to adjust the screws inside. Sigh... but after the adjustment, it looks straighter now. Thank God!

Hi Kenjo

Not sure about the big one but the smaller one is out of stock and I do find the smaller one more suitable for my small mbr. Which size did u use? Btw, the ph5 light looks really nice. Is it from chan huat too? I thot one of ur pics look like Light+form concept shop. Must be at least $300+?

I bought it during a promotion when their new shop opened at #1 Genting Lane. Price was $899 for the 1.6m excluding the chairs. Original price was $1100 for the 1.6m.

Ms Isabelline is truely a beauty. I love the walnut wood. Care to share how much is the damage?

Edited by kenjo

I used the small one as my MBR is quite small too. Did they tell you when new stocks are coming in?

My PH5 is from Light+Form. I really like this light and managed to bargain so I bought it. It is the most expensive light in the house but also give me the most headache as it doesn't seem straight when hung. Need to adjust the screws inside. Sigh... but after the adjustment, it looks straighter now. Thank God!

One told me 6 weeks, then when I was around that area again, I popped by to just confirm on when it will be in stock and this time, another staff told me not sure, hard to say. Anyway, they confirmed it will not be in by next week, which is when the electrician is coming to install the lights.

The PH5 is really nice. Envy. :dribble: But couldn't afford that, so I bought simpler stuff like these

lights-for-living-room.JPG?et=%2CJg5Q6Qs6YlCjIWARIBF5g&nmid=611609410

feel free to drop by my t-blog with your comments.

cheers

originalbread