Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenjo

Of Grey, White And Neutral

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, we customised it w Dian Sanctuary for $2600.

U can bring ur own design for them to do aso. Example, u saw something u really like on mag, bring the picture to show them. They will advice u if it is doable n the cost.

Able to share how much is the sofa and where u purchased it frm?

We spent 3 weekends searching for our potential dining table.

After one big round of hunting and short-listing a few potentials, we finally bought our dining table!

Here are the potential ones and the chosen one.

01. Mr Bjursta [ Ikea ]

Bjursta-1.png

Length: 180 cm

Min. length: 140 cm

Max. length: 220 cm

Ken likes this as it is simple and nice. With its pull-out leaves, it is able to accommodate up to 8 persons. The pull-out leaves can be stored under the table top when not in use, making it a mere 140 cm at its shortest length.

02. Mr Norden [ Ikea ]

Norden.png

Length: 89 cm

Min. length: 26 cm

Max. length: 152 cm

I like this due to its ability to be stowed away at a mere 26 cm next to the wall. It can seat up to a maximum number of 4 people and has 6 convenient drawers under the table top for storing cutlery, table napkins, candles, etc. Talk about space saving! This is it!

03. Ms Isabelline [ FC Homes ]

IsabellineDiningTable.png

We first saw this at the IFC outlet about a month back. It was a nice piece but we decided to KIV it as we have yet to see other furniture shops, and dining table wasn't on the top of our list as yet. With the chapter on our sofa closed, we chanced upon it once again recently and decided to get it as the sales person was able to give us a good price for it. Yippee!!

Isn't she a beauty?

Edited by kenjo

We spent 3 weekends searching for our potential dining table.

After one big round of hunting and short-listing a few potentials, we finally bought our dining table!

Here are the potential ones and the chosen one.

01. Mr Bjursta [ Ikea ]

Bjursta-1.png

Length: 180 cm

Min. length: 140 cm

Max. length: 220 cm

Ken likes this as it is simple and nice. With its pull-out leaves, it is able to accommodate up to 8 persons. The pull-out leaves can be stored under the table top when not in use, making it a mere 140 cm at its shortest length.

02. Mr Norden [ Ikea ]

Norden.png

Length: 89 cm

Min. length: 26 cm

Max. length: 152 cm

I like this due to its ability to be stowed away at a mere 26 cm next to the wall. It can seat up to a maximum number of 4 people and has 6 convenient drawers under the table top for storing cutlery, table napkins, candles, etc. Talk about space saving! This is it!

03. Ms Isabelline [ FC Homes ]

IsabellineDiningTable.png

We first saw this at the IFC outlet about a month back. It was a nice piece but we decided to KIV it as we have yet to see other furniture shops, and dining table wasn't on the top of our list as yet. With the chapter on our sofa closed, we chanced upon it once again recently and decided to get it as the sales person was able to give us a good price for it. Yippee!!

Isn't she a beauty?

Oh, I like the table number 3 ! Such a beauty ! Any idea how much is it when you saw her at IFC ?

Yup, she's the winner alrite! hehe

For the 1.5 m, we were quoted $1050. The larger one was $1100 if I remember correctly. Can't remember if the price was inclusive of GST or not.

Oh, I like the table number 3 ! Such a beauty ! Any idea how much is it when you saw her at IFC ?

Yup, she's the winner alrite! hehe

For the 1.5 m, we were quoted $1050. The larger one was $1100 if I remember correctly. Can't remember if the price was inclusive of GST or not.

:jawdrop: $1,050 for table only ? Out of my budget leh. If comes with the chairs , still can consider....

Yah, that's y we put it off till recently.

Perhaps u wanna visit their new showroom at No. 1 Genting Lane, that's where we bought the table from. Maybe promotion still on. The table was $699 & $899 respectively, w/o GST.

:jawdrop: $1,050 for table only ? Out of my budget leh. If comes with the chairs , still can consider....

Edited by kenjo

Yah, that's y we put it off till recently.

Perhaps u wanna visit their new showroom at No. 1 Genting Lane, that's where we bought the table from. Maybe promotion still on. The table was $699 & $899 respectively, w/o GST.

Hi Kenjo

Thanks for the info ! Maybe will just settle with Ikea's dining table and mix & match with different chairs, budget very tight ! :bangwall:

Yup, that's a good idea. Anyways I heard that the ppl in my estate dun really use their dining table much aso. Only when their relatives and frens are over.

Hi Kenjo

Thanks for the info ! Maybe will just settle with Ikea's dining table and mix & match with different chairs, budget very tight ! :bangwall:

As we do not have any plans to install ceiling fans, the only way to go is install aircon in all our rooms, including the open kitchen and living area.

After speaking to the people in Courts, we were informed that most single unit compressors in the market do not have enough power to cool a large area like ours and the only brand with a suitable single unit compressor is Fujitsu.

Looking at the Fujitsu aircon units on display at Courts, my comment to Ken was, "I don't like the look of the aircon units... looks very hard to clean." So we left our aircon search at that.

A week later, Ken told me that he saw two brand new Fujitsu models and he likes the looks of one alot and thinks it will work for our new home. After seeing the picture online, I concurred with him. Thus, during the weekend, we went all the way to AMK Hub as they were having a roadshow.

ip057505.jpg

The sales lady showed us how this unit works by switching on the demo unit. The flap which was suppose to open upwards did not open and seem to be stuck. She explained that it was due to customers trying to ply it open to see how it looks like on the inside. After speaking to the sales lady and saw how it works, we decided not to get this one as we were worried that the flap which opens upwards will spoil easily. Thus, we ended up buying this other model, on the safe side.

ip057693.jpg

As of now, they are already in our home, with a happily ever after, hopefully!

AirconUnits.png

Our new place is really a maze!

We were out there checking the lights installation and we couldn't find each other when we were at two different points... with Ken was @ the living area while I, was @ the MBR toilet area. As we were blocked by the fridge cum TV console area, we could hear but could not see each other. When I walked to the parquet walkway, he walked to the tiled side. When he walked to the parquet side, I was at the tiled side. It was like the scene in the hindi movie whereby the main leads were dancing round the tree.

Anyways, we were very happy with our buys! Here they are...

LIVING + DINING + SINK COUNTER

All2.jpg

Don't know why my electrician put a piece of newspaper on my dining area light. When we removed the newspaper, we found that the plastic covering one of the shade is slightly torn. Not a big problem cos the plastic could be remove. Am so glad our eletrician is so nice to help us to protect it with newspapers. But... when we looked from afar, we found that the lamp shade looked crooked. Drove all the way to the shop we bought the light from and asked them. Turned out that it is not a big issue... just need to fix it properly. Yet to get it done. Hope it can be fixed! It better be cos this is the most expensive light in our home!

MBR + STUDY

MBR2.jpg

BABY'S ROOM

BR1.jpg

Love the sweet colours on this light. When we showed baby this light, she was so happy to see it!

TOILET + BOMB SHELTER

BS2-1.jpg

These lights are actually the same... just that they are different in size.

SERVICE YARD

SY.jpg

The previous one we bought was too thin and will not be able to cover the hole on the ceiling so we went to the shop to exchange for this one. We had to pay more $ to get this one.

Edited by kenjo

Since adidaem mentioned about our pocket doors, let me talk a little about them.

The inital plan was to have pocket doors between the MBR and baby's room, the MBR toilet and the study room. That would be 3 pocket doors altogether.

"What about the common toilet?", you might ask.

Well, we had wanted to paint the door of the common toilet white to match with the rest of the flushed exterior. However, we had a change of heart after seeing the pocket door on our MBR toilet. After a discussion that went on for about 3 days, we decided to change the common toilet door to a pocket door for the complete look and to maximise the space within the toilet itself. The door provided by HDB is too big!!

Thus, we ended up with 4 pocket doors and $1k+ poorer. Here's a little preview of our doors.

PocketDoors.png

~ Top left :- Pocket door that is between our MBR and baby's room.

~ Bottom left :- Toilet

~ Right :- Study Room

how does the mechanism for pocket door work? is it just laminate on plywood door, a problem if used for toilet toors?

Hi, the pocket door is running on aluminum trackings. Am not sure if it is a plywood door but it feels quite solid and heavy... let me check with my contractor when he returns from hols this week. I guess it shouldn't be a problem since our uncle recommended it as toilet door. =D

how does the mechanism for pocket door work? is it just laminate on plywood door, a problem if used for toilet toors?

Here's how our kitchen countertop looks like with our hob, hood and Blanco Metra 9 sink!

Countertops.png

The original plan was to do a build-in sink in the colour of our countertop but we decided not to spend so much $$ on it so that we could use the $$ elsewhere. Am so glad to find this sink in the colour which matches our counter top! And it costs a third of the price of a build-in! :good:

Even his uncle commented that our sink is nice!

There is a single flaw in the kitchen area though. There is no HOT water!! And we bought a mixer which costed us $100+! :o

What to do? :dunno: We didn't check with our contractor beforehand if the hot water was available to the kitchen area.

So people, if you want hot water in your kitchen, remember to ask your contractor first!