Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yaolong

À La Maison

i think ting ting is a contractor rather than an ID...

and she should fit ur requirement

That great!I will read more at here and when the time is right I will pm u for his/her contact.

Mean time also look at other thread for info.:)

So Many thing need to do:(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yaolong, looks like your reno is progressing well and completing soon? Looking forward to see more of your pictures ;)

yes i am also looking forward to the completion date... :sport-smiley-004:

Verdict

Masonary, Plumbing, Tiling, Painting, L-box done by Ting Ting, Homemaster Interior Design & Furnishing

Electricity and Rewiring done by Sebastian, JAE Electrical and Renovation

Air-con done by Aron, Imperial Distributors Pte Ltd

Windows, grills, shower screens and all doors done by Alex, City Aluminium & Contractors

Kitchen cabinets, TV console and feature wall, Built-in wardrobe done by Mr Ng, Peng Design and Wood Works

Designs of my house done by myself :P

everything inclusive of bathroom accessories and lightings... only $55k

1) hacked the wall between the kitchen and the dining hall to have an open concept kitchen.

2) hacked away the glass sliding between the dining hall and the service balcony to have an unblocked view of the service balcony.

3) hacked away the glass sliding door at the study room, make a hollow block wall and a new door.

4) hacked away the ugly floor tiles (colour) at the balcony and the maid's room and have new tiles.

5) hacked away the floor tiles at the service balcony and have new tiles.

6) 'flushed' up the area from the dining hall to the half of the service balcony with broken marbles flooring.

7) redo both the toilets.

8) redo the kitchen.

9) change all windows (including toilet louvre windows), window grills, bedrooms' doors, bi-fold door for common toilet, glass door for master bedroom toilet, two glass shower screens, main door and grills.

10) new air-con

11) rewiring and LAN6 cabling for master bedroom, bedroom 2, study room and Living Hall.

12) kitchen cabinets with granite top, wardrobes for bedroom 3 and master bedroom, TV console and feature wall, box up of all pipes in toilets.

Hi Yaolong,

Your new place is looking good! :good:

Quite impressed with the amount of work done and only cost ~55K? :dribble:

Can you PM me all your contractors' contact as well as where you get your tiles from? Thanks in advance. :P

Btw, do you know if your air-con contractor do trucking re-routing for existing air-con?

I just got a place and the air-cons still look good, but the compressor unit is installed a bit higher such that the windows can only be the sliding type. Wondering if the contractor can reposition it lower.

Hi Yaolong,

Your new place is looking good! :good:

Quite impressed with the amount of work done and only cost ~55K? :dribble:

Can you PM me all your contractors' contact as well as where you get your tiles from? Thanks in advance. :P

Btw, do you know if your air-con contractor do trucking re-routing for existing air-con?

I just got a place and the air-cons still look good, but the compressor unit is installed a bit higher such that the windows can only be the sliding type. Wondering if the contractor can reposition it lower.

thanks for the compliment, renotm...

i have pm u the contacts...

as for air-con, maybe u can approach aron in the air-con groupbuy, he sure be able to assist u on the matter coz his man went to my house and do a site survey. He said that my old air-con (left behind by seller) are still good. I asked him to move my old air-con to another side of the house and do the new trunking, chemical wash and service of the old air-con.

as for air-con, maybe u can approach aron in the air-con groupbuy, he sure be able to assist u on the matter coz his man went to my house and do a site survey. He said that my old air-con (left behind by seller) are still good. I asked him to move my old air-con to another side of the house and do the new trunking, chemical wash and service of the old air-con.

Many Thanks!!!! :yamseng:

Hi Yaolong,

Can you pm me the contacts also please.

You mentioned that those floor plan with "Bold" line cannot be hacked, I casually asked one of the ID, she said can be hacked just that it is harder to hack, is that right?

I was quite enjoy while reading your post from the start till latest, may I know the practical and realistic timeframe to complete a renovation for jumbo flat? (assuming is the same reno scope as your flat)

Sine you are the designer for your flat, did you do a 3d drawing for your contractors reference? Otherwise, how to visualise whether the "outcome" turn out well ?

Look forward to your advices ... Thanks.

Hi Yaolong,

Can you pm me the contacts also please.

You mentioned that those floor plan with "Bold" line cannot be hacked, I casually asked one of the ID, she said can be hacked just that it is harder to hack, is that right?

I was quite enjoy while reading your post from the start till latest, may I know the practical and realistic timeframe to complete a renovation for jumbo flat? (assuming is the same reno scope as your flat)

Sine you are the designer for your flat, did you do a 3d drawing for your contractors reference? Otherwise, how to visualise whether the "outcome" turn out well ?

Look forward to your advices ... Thanks.

hi friend,

the contacts are available in the groupbuy of renotalk but for your convenience, i provide here Aron 92321641

as for the bold lines... u have to check with HDB coz i was told by the HDB officer handling my case that the bold line cannot b hacked as they are structural pillars or beams so therefore i did not touch those bold lines or else i would have hack alot of walls... :sport-smiley-004:

"practical and realistic timeframe" - i m not so sure about this... it all depends on ur negotiation with ur ID or contractor... i gave my contractors a good one plus month coz i told them i wan good n quality workmanship and NOT rushed jobs... also it all depends on the how 'big' is your reno project... if u wanna hack everything, u cannot expect a two weeks deadline... :rolleyes:

although i "design" my house but i m no designer n did not know how to do a 3D design... i just draw on a piece of paper, very ugly 3D picture of what i wanted... also i am there to supervise almost everyday either during lunch or i "eat snake" :P to go see see look look... very important is I make sure the contractor tells me the dates for plumping so i m there to ensure the "water outlets" (taps? shower points?) are where i wanted them to be... i m also there when the aircon guys did the installation so i can instruct them how to run the piping, where to run the piping and the positions of the aircon... i was also there when Sebastian and his guys (electrician) did the wiring so in the event, they are unsure of the positions, i m there to advise... i was also there when the L-box guys did the installation, so i am at site should they need instructions...

frankly, i wan total (ok la not that total) control of the positions of the items coz I m the user, NOT the contractor/ID... i know best where or how the positions of items might or might not affect my style of living...

hope all these heip... u can PM me anytime or post here if u need more info...

hi friend,

the contacts are available in the groupbuy of renotalk but for your convenience, i provide here Aron 92321641

as for the bold lines... u have to check with HDB coz i was told by the HDB officer handling my case that the bold line cannot b hacked as they are structural pillars or beams so therefore i did not touch those bold lines or else i would have hack alot of walls... :sport-smiley-004:

"practical and realistic timeframe" - i m not so sure about this... it all depends on ur negotiation with ur ID or contractor... i gave my contractors a good one plus month coz i told them i wan good n quality workmanship and NOT rushed jobs... also it all depends on the how 'big' is your reno project... if u wanna hack everything, u cannot expect a two weeks deadline... :rolleyes:

although i "design" my house but i m no designer n did not know how to do a 3D design... i just draw on a piece of paper, very ugly 3D picture of what i wanted... also i am there to supervise almost everyday either during lunch or i "eat snake" :P to go see see look look... very important is I make sure the contractor tells me the dates for plumping so i m there to ensure the "water outlets" (taps? shower points?) are where i wanted them to be... i m also there when the aircon guys did the installation so i can instruct them how to run the piping, where to run the piping and the positions of the aircon... i was also there when Sebastian and his guys (electrician) did the wiring so in the event, they are unsure of the positions, i m there to advise... i was also there when the L-box guys did the installation, so i am at site should they need instructions...

frankly, i wan total (ok la not that total) control of the positions of the items coz I m the user, NOT the contractor/ID... i know best where or how the positions of items might or might not affect my style of living...

hope all these heip... u can PM me anytime or post here if u need more info...

Hey Yaolong,

Your are really helpful man, will sure need your help soon.... Look forward to see your renovated jumbo flat :)

Cheers.

waaa your eat snake very powerful ~ haha

I wish i have time to sneak off for a peak and instruct the guys in the coming reno~ :)

I though Aron/ Sebastian will know where the location will be?

waaa your eat snake very powerful ~ haha

I wish i have time to sneak off for a peak and instruct the guys in the coming reno~ :)

I though Aron/ Sebastian will know where the location will be?

they do know but i kiasu... i wanna make sure... :D

was out of the country for the past week and went down my new place to take a look...

the paintings are done...

received the delivery of lights today...

some pictures of the lights...

386216_10150385992146306_594401305_8361251_625118044_n.jpg

318304_10150385996006306_594401305_8361268_1226241661_n.jpg

lights for the MBR... from lighting.com.sg

390903_10150385992721306_594401305_8361254_1708200676_n.jpg

295973_10150386002096306_594401305_8361294_664071946_n.jpg

the downlights for the L-box

Edited by yaolong

tomorrow Sebastian will be coming to do the installations of lights...

316229_10150386001006306_594401305_8361285_790002966_n.jpg

the light outside the main door coz HDB lighting is not near my main door and thus the area is dark... so i install a light outside my main door

389166_10150386001596306_594401305_8361292_1744391690_n.jpg

T5 tubes for my wardrobe...

went shopping with parents and bought this chair for mum...

382646_10150376369961306_594401305_8301605_1917474344_n.jpg

out of topic but our buys from the Bangkok trip... went MBK and Platinum Plaza... did not visit of the places u guys/gals recommended for accessories coz of the flood...

380409_10150386567951306_594401305_8363697_1705328804_n.jpg

will do so when the flood subside...

was out of the country for the past week and went down my new place to take a look...

the paintings are done...

received the delivery of lights today...

some pictures of the lights...

386216_10150385992146306_594401305_8361251_625118044_n.jpg

318304_10150385996006306_594401305_8361268_1226241661_n.jpg

lights for the MBR... from lighting.com.sg

390903_10150385992721306_594401305_8361254_1708200676_n.jpg

295973_10150386002096306_594401305_8361294_664071946_n.jpg

the downlights for the L-box

Yo Yaolong

I bought the same downlights for my house too and installed them with Easyscene bulbs....cool man :good: Looks like we are both Philips supporters.....

Edited by centrino2