Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reine

Where To Place My Stove/hob?

Hi All,

I have a very tricky floor plan! I understand that I can't place my stove opposite the sink or window, nor can I place it opposite the toilet door, which leaves only 1 area to place the hob and forces my kitchen to be really odd.

Here's my floor plan and how I intend to place the stove. It looks like if I do it this way, there may be a slight chance that part of the stove would face the basin. The other way is to switch the fridge and the stove placing, and perpetually keep my toilet door close.

I guess it's bad either way, but can anyone help advise which is worse since that's not much I can do with this layout?

1zgf2ap.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh...a very space constraint kitchen!

There is still one consideration ...your favourable direction based on 8-mansion theory.

You may want to read this up:

http://www.masteryacademy.com/estore/itemdetail.asp?iid=148

There is also one thread which I started under topic: Stove & Gua number.

Edited by mae29

Let me speak my mind: don't be "pantan" abt the stove and sink position. The wuxing is not to be interpreted in this way.

Since married, present one is my third home. All along the sink & stove have been sitting next to each other or in a L-shaped. It is pretty convenient, Esp with amber kitchen top area.

If fire were not to meet water, or water not to meet fire, then, showering area shouldn't have water heater installed or those electrical wires should not be in the tiolet in the first place!

We need fire to boil water, right? And we need water to put off fire right? So what is the real problem??

Stomach too full, feel bored, looking for something to do?

Hi All,

I have a very tricky floor plan! I understand that I can't place my stove opposite the sink or window, nor can I place it opposite the toilet door, which leaves only 1 area to place the hob and forces my kitchen to be really odd.

Here's my floor plan and how I intend to place the stove. It looks like if I do it this way, there may be a slight chance that part of the stove would face the basin. The other way is to switch the fridge and the stove placing, and perpetually keep my toilet door close.

I guess it's bad either way, but can anyone help advise which is worse since that's not much I can do with this layout?

1zgf2ap.jpg

Heard stove is quite important. Since you not getting any fsms advice, how about yur ID, any ideas? Or how about do an open conceptzzzzz

Hi All,

1zgf2ap.jpg

Hi Reine,

just switch the fridge position with that of the wash basin. No need to worry about the toilet being too close to the kitchen.

The most impt internal factor for the house is the location and facing of your main door, which you cant change. As for the external factors- well, you can't control either as these are the water (roads) and mountains (very tall buildings) in the vicinity.