Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zlia

My Country Home

Below is the link to the post : (#379)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12684&st=360

I will be collecting my keys probably in November 2011. :)

i think you have to check with forest what is going on, and if u sign with them, have to state in contract that if any of these peeling issues occur, they will have to do smting about it...to safeguard your interests lor.

where is your new house? :) what theme you going for? french? english? shabby? :)

Edited by piggiedearz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi piggiedearz,

I'm more inclined towards the French country style. But really expensive to do all in this style cos the backbone of the home design should preferably have the wainscoting (or wall panelling), cornices, wallpaper, etc. Plus french style furniture is super ex.

So guess I'll go for the french cum shabby chic style. I love all the white furniture and flowery sofa + curtains. So cosy. But only scared that white is hard to maintain. Plus I got 3 kiddos at home. Nightmare if my baby starts drawing all over. 8|

p/s: I wanted to go IFC to see the country furniture. But since you said can grow mould, then I tink better not liaoz. Now thinking of going to Ecolink this Sunday. Cos I wanna get new sofa. :P

Hi flermodders / piggiedearz,

I was also concerned about the peeling paint experienced by country lover (on the other thread). But the designer at Forest kept reassuring me their paintwork is ok. She also said if my cabinets got such problem, they will send their painter down to rectify the problem. Tink I better get all these down in writing on the contract. Scared now say ok... then later got to pay for rectification works will be really sianz.

Hi flermodders / piggiedearz,

I was also concerned about the peeling paint experienced by country lover (on the other thread). But the designer at Forest kept reassuring me their paintwork is ok. She also said if my cabinets got such problem, they will send their painter down to rectify the problem. Tink I better get all these down in writing on the contract. Scared now say ok... then later got to pay for rectification works will be really sianz.

Hi KittyJems,

I suspect that this may not be due to the painting issue but rather from the raw wood itself which was not dried properly, hence the paint will not stick onto it.

You can take a look at this website for Royal French Furniture

(51 Ubi Ave 1, Paya Ubi Industrial Park, Unit #01-10)

http://roomyroom.com/html/royal_french_furniture.html

Edited by flermodders

Hi KittyJems,

I suspect that this may not be due to the painting issue but rather from the raw wood itself which was not dried properly, hence the paint will not stick onto it.

You can take a look at this website for Royal French Furniture

(51 Ubi Ave 1, Paya Ubi Industrial Park, Unit #01-10)

http://roomyroom.com/html/royal_french_furniture.html

Oh... I din tink that could be wood problem. Tink I will talk with my designer again. Did you manage to ask Country Lover about the paint peeling? Did she reply? Now I'm kinda worried. Cos the amount for the reno is not small lor. If any issues, my hub sure won't be happy.

Wow! Thanks for the link. The furniture all looks really nice. But no pricing. Have you been there yet? How's the pricing and quality like?

Oh... I din tink that could be wood problem. Tink I will talk with my designer again. Did you manage to ask Country Lover about the paint peeling? Did she reply? Now I'm kinda worried. Cos the amount for the reno is not small lor. If any issues, my hub sure won't be happy.

Wow! Thanks for the link. The furniture all looks really nice. But no pricing. Have you been there yet? How's the pricing and quality like?

I did not talk to countrylover about this issue.

I went there 2 times, it opens only on Sat and Sun.(i.e. 1 pm to 6 pm) There are 4 showrooms, 3 of them in basement. (1 for displaying French furniture) Prices are quite reasonable, the most expensive items are still below $1000. As for quality wise, I think it may not be the best but still acceptable for the price you pay. Noticed there are many customers during weekends. FYI, 1 dinning table plus 6 chairs still cost below $1000.

Edited by flermodders

hihi

ya better dun go IFC for that country shop. i regretted buying from them. all my dresser, side tables, chest of drawers...all grow mould! i had a huge headache. Their quality dropped a lot too since years ago. The handle of my drawer broke after 2 months. Their service is lousy too. Called them about the mould problem and they just kept shifting blame back to me saying my house is humid. If my hse is that serious, how come the furniture in the same hse/room that my ID custom made didn't grow mould?? They cannot answer me and just kept arguing.

I went to the shop at Ubi once, their french stuff not a lot (about 5-6 items in the entire shop, the rest are of other themes like oriental, resort, thai etc). Design wise i feel is so so. Not sure if they had improved now.

i also love white furniture and flowery stuff! i have a flowery fabric sofa hehe. And flowery curtains :P

My white stuff so far are ok cos i chose off white, not pure white. Have no kids yet so maybe my problems are not here yet! :P

Hi piggiedearz,

I'm more inclined towards the French country style. But really expensive to do all in this style cos the backbone of the home design should preferably have the wainscoting (or wall panelling), cornices, wallpaper, etc. Plus french style furniture is super ex.

So guess I'll go for the french cum shabby chic style. I love all the white furniture and flowery sofa + curtains. So cosy. But only scared that white is hard to maintain. Plus I got 3 kiddos at home. Nightmare if my baby starts drawing all over. 8|

p/s: I wanted to go IFC to see the country furniture. But since you said can grow mould, then I tink better not liaoz. Now thinking of going to Ecolink this Sunday. Cos I wanna get new sofa. :P

i replied some parts in the above post lol. yup wainscotting is very ex that's why i gave up too. Hubby said whole stretch of wood for not a small amount of $$! :P

U can do beading like me, or consider doing either top or bottom of the wall with wallpaper, compare the costs. But then with kids around...maybe wallpaper in MBR will be a better idea :)

i think you have to check with forest what is going on, and if u sign with them, have to state in contract that if any of these peeling issues occur, they will have to do smting about it...to safeguard your interests lor.

where is your new house? :) what theme you going for? french? english? shabby? :)

Hi piggiedearz,

Ok, thanks for the advice. I think there are still other country style IDs available

though their design may not be so nice. :)

My place is at the newly built Havelock road flats. I think it will be either French or

English or mixed depending on budget and the ID I choose but probably not shabby.

I did not talk to countrylover about this issue.

I went there 2 times, it opens only on Sat and Sun.(i.e. 1 pm to 6 pm) There are 4 showrooms, 3 of them in basement. (1 for displaying French furniture) Prices are quite reasonable, the most expensive items are still below $1000. As for quality wise, I think it may not be the best but still acceptable for the price you pay. Noticed there are many customers during weekends. FYI, 1 dinning table plus 6 chairs still cost below $1000.

Wow! Below $1,000 for 7-pc dining set is really affordable. My only concern is quality. Cos no point buy nice furniture, but cannot last. From their online pics, I see a few nice pieces. See if I got chance to go down this weekend to look see. ;)

i replied some parts in the above post lol. yup wainscotting is very ex that's why i gave up too. Hubby said whole stretch of wood for not a small amount of $$! :P

U can do beading like me, or consider doing either top or bottom of the wall with wallpaper, compare the costs. But then with kids around...maybe wallpaper in MBR will be a better idea :)

Eekkss! Scary when I read your post on the moulds growing. Yah... you are right. If your place is humid then no reason why only their furniture is affected and not the other wooden furnitures. Agree that they should not push blame. Not right way to do biz.

Hahah! We tink alike! I was just telling my hub last night that I wanna do wall paper for my MBR and perhaps some beading especially for the living areas. See how much it will costs first. I'm fast reaching my max cap of $20K for my reno's liaoz. :dribble:

Wow! Below $1,000 for 7-pc dining set is really affordable. My only concern is quality. Cos no point buy nice furniture, but cannot last. From their online pics, I see a few nice pieces. See if I got chance to go down this weekend to look see. ;)

I went to Roomyroom once. Agree with piggiedearz that they do not have a lot of French style furniture in their showroom, though website shows a wide range....quite misleading if you ask me. From what I understand, their furniture are custom made in Indonesia. If you really want to save costs and willing to take the risks, you should consider doing them in Indonesia then ship here....cheap and good workmanship! I had my French fireplace and mirror custom made in Indo. Quite a hassle but worth the time and effort. If anyone is interested, I can pass u the contacts.

Hey KittyJems

I've been really busy with my new job and no time to call Forest to complain about the peeling paint! Think I must really make an effort to get it done soon. Though it's not a very big problem...not very obvious unless you see very clearly, but it's our hard-earned money lor. When you see them the next time, feel free to tell them about my problem lah. Tell them we discuss this on the forum, so they better do a good job for u so u won't slam them on the forum. haha....

So when is your reno starting? Have they given u all the perspective drawings?

I just received a quote from Gorest for my 3 Room Flat Kitchen. Its about 9K. Can I know if that is normal??? I have put aside budget of 6K cos the kitchen is not big, its very small.

Pls advice. Their design is very nice. I went to Country Kitchen but its not the same.....:(