Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zlia

My Country Home

OK, thanks. Countrylover, saw your country home featured on Sunday times. :)

Is it very difficult to maintain white furniture? Any tips on cleaning?

I have walked through many country style furniture shops. One shop that

impressed me is ECO Links. Not sure if anyone knows about their service

level and quality of their furniture? I find the products a bit pricy

for furniture made in Vietnam but I love their design.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

OK, thanks. Countrylover, saw your country home featured on Sunday times. :)

Is it very difficult to maintain white furniture? Any tips on cleaning?

I have walked through many country style furniture shops. One shop that

impressed me is ECO Links. Not sure if anyone knows about their service

level and quality of their furniture? I find the products a bit pricy

for furniture made in Vietnam but I love their design.

Yeah white furniture need to polish often, if not will turn yellowish over time. There are some polishes avail in the supermarkets and DIY shops. Actually I dun mind them turning yellowish....cos gives an aged and shabby look!

ECO Links has nice furniture but I agree with u too they are quite pricey. I bought mine from this shop at IFC called "Country Style Furniture"...they've got a good variety but workmanship is not too good. Recently I bought a dresser and bunk bed for my kids room at this place called Littlewoode Furniture (http://www.littlewode.net/). Though their collection are for kids, but they've got cottage style dressers, study tables and wardrobes u could consider. I also saw country-style fabric sofas at their showroom which are quite nice too. Showroom is at 105 Tampines Road, you can consider taking a look.

I bought their furniture from eco link, i find not bad.. U can go to park mall, there is a guy work there, very senior.. Tell them u wan buy alot, ask if got discount... Ifc wood not gd, if u touch belOw, rough rough de..

OK thanks, will definitely go to Tampines and take a look.

Do you know if Forest Woodworking quotes for general

contracting works is also very expensive?(e.g. bathroom

kerbs, base for kitchen cabinets / bathroom kerbs,

painting etc.)

FYI, my coming new flat will be layed with floor tiles

and a very small kitchen (3m X 2.3m) There is little

needs to be done and I am doing minimum renovation except

kitchen.

What do you think of Royal French furniture at

RoomyRoom.com? (Ubi Avenue) I think their prices are

quite reasonable but need to select the pieces carefully.

Forest quote will be ex if u do little things, this is how i feel as i compare with others.. For me i do alot of things specially design from them, consider getting a gd deal

Xiaobudian,

Have you started your reno's with Forest already? Cos I'm looking to engage them for some small reno job and want to see more pics on their workmanship. :D

Those pics Countrylover uploaded into her blog is berry nice. Can't imagine if do the whole house with them. Surely will :dribble:

At moment, I have a quote from them to do up 3 wardrobes and 2 sets of study table plus wall hung cabinets. But after some consideration, I may choose to redo my whole kitchen instead plus 2 wardrobes and some other smaller areas(if budgets allows). With a tight budget, can't do whole house at 1-shot. Need to break down into phases. :bleah:

Edited by KittyJems

OK, thanks. How would you rate Forest's custom made

furniture compared with ECO Links in terms of

design, quality and price?

So I guess your renovation with Forest includes

more than just custom made kitchen cabinets and

furniture?

Currently I have quotes from Cottage Crafts and Forestwood. Service and quotations from both ID's have been prompt and I appreciate the advises given. But with a tight budget, I've decided to on full removation of my kitchen, plus a few jobs around my house like painting of whole house, changing of vanity cabinets in bathrooms and a feature wall for Mstr bedroom. Will leave the the wardrobes and living room features for phase 2. :P

Have already been to Forest showroom and like their French Blue kitchen. Made appointment to see Cottage Crafts designs and portfolio in October. From there will decide which ID to use. :sport-smiley-018:

Anyone has any feedbacks on workmanship and quality for Cottage Crafts. So far, I see the postings above are mainly on Forest. Appreciate all advise. Thanks in advance. :D

Edited by KittyJems

Forest only do wood related like dressing table, toilet mirror, coffee table, dinning table, side table, tv console, study table, bed frame, bathroom cabinet, balcony decking, shoe cabinet, display cabinet.. All these i ask forest do. No dinning chair, no sofa.. I buy fr eco link