Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
easyeasy

Need Help Seriously!

My new place mbr wardrobe is about 4m. The wall behind, is "curved" and also have a slanted step. From left to right has about 3 to 4" difference. Think in the end, left hand side is 60cm deep and right hand side is 50+cm deep. The right hand side no choice have to put wife's clothes as the wardrobe is more shallow.

My contractor says they tried their best to fabricate the back of the wardrobe to be similar to wall to fit. In the end still slightly slanted as when installing, they cannot push back anymore even though there's a gap still.

The contractor/carpenter should have measured properly before fabrication. At least must have tried. You must tell your contractor where you want the reference line to be. Parallel or perpendicular to which line/wall.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

To easyeasy, from the left-view, the cabinet is in CORRECT aligment with the wall. if u want to do it flush, starting from the left, u will realise at the end, at the right hand side, the cabinet will be less deeper by 3 inches. when that happens, can u still put in yr hanger? The difference is 3 inches. if not, u can do the cabinet protuding out from the left-side wall, so that u can put yr hanger on all side.From what i read, all i feel is, if u dun pay for the cabinet, u will be ok.it means u can be 'bought' with money to accept this so-called defects.btw, yr friend who claim such quality carpentry is lousy, its VERY common ppl will say OTHERS ARE LOUSY, THEIRS ARE GOOD.if yr friend is good, why dun u use yr friend right from the start?

Hi Easyeasy, I think is very common to have slant wall in hdb... my new flat oso slant wall...I oso feel that u shd not take ur frd comment to heart... he can say others is no good...Have u seen his job? U7sing a mouth to say is easy... if he is the one doing, maybe it might turn out worse...Anyway i do hope u able to straighten ur wall... let us know how u do it...

Hi Tapilia,

thank you for the useful info. i'll go back & measure, whether the left hand side wardrobe can fit the hanger if less deeper by 3inch.

Hi Shawncck,

yup.. i know it's normal. this is my very first home, that's why i put in all the effort to make it look great. when people give "no-good" comment, i will feel little bit down

By the way, i should further explain here about the friend who commented my wardrobe...

i brought 2 friends W & L to my house. W is the one who knows little bit of carpentry works as his brother is a carpentry subcon in s'pore.

i wanted them to help me "spot" any other thing that i need to get my designer to improve as i've seen too much until i can't tell anymore :P

when W saw my wardrobe and heard how i not satisfied with the wardrobe. W just consoled me, "not bad la, if you can't accept this, you must inform the designer", he also told me it's very common for hdb flat but it's also depends on the subcon.

while my the other friend, L, just told me she doesn't like it :(

when i decided to tell my designer to correct it, then L told me secretly that W's comment for the work is NO GOOD! but W doesn't want to make me sad, he just tell all the good things to consoled me.

why L reveal the secret? it's because L found that since i will get the designer to correct it, then might as well tell me the rest of the part that needs to be improved...

they are kind friends, mean no harm, not criticize my designer/carpenter, but hide the truth from me, just to make me happier...

i didn't go for W's bro carpentry service, it's because my reno package.

but i personally felt that the quality of the carpentry work, is really no good...

maybe i should take some photos to show all of you...

I am not certain that if it is a common practice for IDs to provide the detailed sectional drawings (that is, the visible parts) with precise measurements to clients, but I have had to sign off these detailed drawings before fabrication commenced.

We surveyed all the walls to see if compensation was needed for unevenness beforehand.

A (skilled) carpenter is indeed able to handle the situation as described in this thread, either to compensate via the item's backing or it's internals.

However, we are speaking of an installed piece here; probably too much to rectify unless Easy wishes to redo the piece.

Easy2x, thanks for sharing this matter. Now I have to decide how the carpenter should do my build in wardrobe. I think my wall is also slanted in my MBR.

Show us more pics....