Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
j4fe

Need Suggestions And Advice Of Id Company Offer

Hi All,

We are like any new young couple and just got our sweet home key. And started to source for ID.

Have been talking to 3 IDs, each has their own point, plus and minus.

Would like to seek for advice, what should I take note when talking to them, from the process of getting their space planning to quotation and negotiation. What are the things I should take note in term of hidden clause or thing if I didn't ask them to put it black and white, they will just act blur.

So far we have talked to Rezt and Relax, Idees and Degree interior, any one has any comments, feedback and suggestion to share?

Hope can get some advice from here.

Thanks so much

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

main point is to make sure the ID is not too tied up with too much projects

how fast he or she respond to u

is he or she professional when talking to you

:yamseng:

Hi, you can refer to this thread by Zhiz. I find it immensely useful.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24479

Another resource that I would like to share is this renovation calculator. Very useful in helping you figure out how much more your ID is charging.

http://www.thehomelook.com/resources/calculators/calculator-renovation-cost.php

Good luck!

I have just completed my house and i am very satisfied with my ID....

But the only problem w him is he is very busy cos he got alot project in hand....

Overall i nv regret using him cos he is very responsible and no matter how busy he is... he will still resolve whatever issue faced...

BEfore i engaged him, I find about 7 ID....

My advice for u is dun rush.... do some comparison... and best find a ID firm that dun have GST... Mine dun have... can save quite alot... Most impt the ID must be responsible...

Do u have floor plan to share??? Though i am not pro, i can give u some idea on designing... Ever since i start my reno... i start to develope an interest in it....

Hi shawn, can share your ID? I pm-ed you.

Btw, I think almost all the ID firms have no GST. Some even go set up another "sister" company to avoid charging GST, so that people cannot lowball them.

Btw, I think almost all the ID firms have no GST. Some even go set up another "sister" company to avoid charging GST, so that people cannot lowball them.

Hi, is this really true? Does this refer only small ID firms or you have heard of big ID firms also not charging GST? Thanks for yr info. It's really a lot of money there.

Hi, is this really true? Does this refer only small ID firms or you have heard of big ID firms also not charging GST? Thanks for yr info. It's really a lot of money there.

Hi, the really big companies, maybe some are public listed, will need to charge GST. Law says you gotta charge GST if your revenue reaches $1 million bucks. The medium to small ones usually don't charge GST. So the no GST thing become sort of a selling point...

Since most IDs in Singapore are not that big, so, yeah, most IDs don't charge GST.

But to be honest, those who don't charge GST would probably make up by rising price into your quotation. After all, no free lunch right?

Hope it helps

Hi, the really big companies, maybe some are public listed, will need to charge GST. Law says you gotta charge GST if your revenue reaches $1 million bucks. The medium to small ones usually don't charge GST. So the no GST thing become sort of a selling point...

Since most IDs in Singapore are not that big, so, yeah, most IDs don't charge GST.

But to be honest, those who don't charge GST would probably make up by rising price into your quotation. After all, no free lunch right?

Hope it helps

I can tell u that most of the ID company do charge GST... unless u want to look for those small company in neighbour area whereby the company is 1-2 yrs.... Well but i cant say about their service and workmanship...

Out of the 8 ID company i went to... 6 of them have GST.... only my current ID company and one at IMM does not have GST... Avoid those w GST.... It saved u alot....

My ID does not have GST and the quote is the cheapest among the 8 quotation i had... For my 4 rm flat... All quote more than 30k... except this one w/o GST is below 30k....

U can view my new house pic in one of the forum topic..... but the house pic is uncomplete left with touchup...

Fully agreed. Also If really like the design and the rapport with the ID, GST shdn't be the deciding factor.

Hope it helps

Hi,

I do not think so. Most of the ID that quote me still charge the GST :( . Only a few of them never put GST in their total quotation so is that mean they don't charge GST at all. Some already put in the GST in the total quotation.

I use i compare in renotalk to get quotation from fews ID. Quite a few of them reply and we shortlisted down to 2 ID company. Anybody heard or use their service before? Leef Deco or My design. Please help here for advise thx

Hi I also like to share with you on my ID or friend you can say cos he is friendly and also flexible...

Nv regret getting him... he will solve all the problems for me... And one thing that all of us worry about actually,

is not only the service but also the After Service... He really did both... He will even call you to

check whether everything is ok and is there any problem... Need details just pm me ya...