Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nellynutt

Budget Budget Reno 4Rm Resale

Part 6: Hacking

A "war" zone, especially with my part 2 episode = D'cockroaches (more than 50) running ooops i mean crawling around like crazy, and no photo coz i siam like crazy too.. :blink:

lroi.jpgoriginal Living area with the roman pillar

lr1e.jpg Gone the pillar

95265125.jpg Kitchen

mbra.jpg Masterbedroom

mrth.jpg Master Toilet ; Tiling tmr..

Edited by Nellynutt

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear Nellynutt,

Could you please pm me the following names ?

Mr J ?

Mr N, Mr L, Mr G ?

Thanks,

Sarva.

Part 3: Selection of Id/Contractor (Very headache n burn out task)

Not easy if you are on budget budget with 20K to spare

After meeting several ID/contractor, my ideal design cannot be done within 20K, therefore, slash here, remove that, postpone later to purchase.

Summary of the Id/contractor (full name will not be listed here to be fair to them)

1. Mr W (current fav in the forum): Very nice guy, called to my mobile to discuss over phone, Quotation given within days. My initial first choice & love to give him the job but budget constraint. To be fair for him and my budget, i hate to say i had to drop him.

2. Mr J (another fav in the forum): Straight forward and also very nice guy. Meet up and given quotation. Quote 37K. Too ex, so i hate to say i need to drop him too.

3. Ms N : Click immediate, bold and daring in design, n I love it. well.. again not within my budget.

4. L Company: quote without meeting only via email. able to quote me exactly what I wanted. Wow, look like we got chemistry. However, bad new = he left the company before we can meet up.

5. Fren's lobang, Contractor Uncle K: very nice and humble. Meet up with his wife too. talked and discussion went very smoothly, however, he never reply us with a quotation. called him, never pick up, left voice msg wife responds say another few days. Never happen. So we drop him after three weeks of waiting. Heard from fren later , he got big issue, maybe that's why.

6. Email to the forum fav contractor Mr A. Called him and he say he will review but no reply.

7. Email G company in Tradehub. No reply

Well... tough right not smooth after all.

So one day I decided to walk in any shop that I saw first to get the quotation for comparison to see if 30K is the market rate.

8. Mr N in JE area - very straightforward, nice uncle. He listened to what I requested and say he will quote me within days. I received the quotation within 3 days and the price quote 20K. :dancingqueen:

After several meeting and discussion, our final price tag is 23K w/o electricity

Hmm... No fumigation before reno to kill the 小强 and the eggs?

Well.. i would like that too, however,i do not wish to 杀生 :P so let them free

Part 7 - Tiling [a]

Well.. went up to check yesterday, believe or not, no cockroaches anywhere, i think all gone... maybe to neighbour's place.. think of it, paisei

So the updates are:

Storeroom

storeroomgone.jpg

Master toilet n water proofing

masterto.jpg

Common Toilet n Kitchen Rubbish Chute Area - Plastering the kitchen wall excluding chute area

kitchent.jpg

Remember D' Kitchen air pipe and D toilet pipe 'to be changed by town council:-

changepipe.jpg

I think i must be too overjoy earlier, but when i saw the above-mentioned pictures

I :jawdrop::o:dunno:

They changed only the top / affected parts not the whole pipe, so i called them to find out...

Story goes like this

Bottom Pipe not Changed = not FOC + i must pay + for my sake as consumer + save $$$ + just paint the pipe + look new

What can i say? Forget it :bleah: , i thank him again and put down the phone.

Case closed.

Edited by Nellynutt

Part 8: Open Net

D' previous owner never invite them in for installation, therefore, i must pay!!!! :bangwall:

Called the earliest date for installation = March or April 2012 :bangwall::bangwall:

Since , we plan to install fibre at home therefore went to Singtel and Starhub to ask for information,

SingTel = having promo 3 months free but 24 months contract, so pay 21 months, provide service to pull the wire for us, service staff patient and friendly, able to answer our question, overall, satisfactory.

Starhub = price rate is not bad, love to subscribe as i love to watch their cableTV program, however, service bad, hackcare attitude, not provide fibre service, not able to answer some of our queries, overall, forget it

Signed with Singtel, however, earliest available date i chosen is 13 Dec 2011. :D

Edited by Nellynutt

Part 8: Open Net

D' previous owner never invite them in for installation, therefore, i must pay!!!! :bangwall:

Called the earliest date for installation = March or April 2012 :bangwall::bangwall:

Since , we plan to install fibre at home therefore went to Singtel and Starhub to ask for information,

SingTel = having promo 3 months free but 24 months contract, so pay 21 months, provide service to pull the wire for us, service staff patient and friendly, able to answer our question, overall, satisfactory.

Starhub = price rate is not bad, love to subscribe as i love to watch their cableTV program, however, service bad, hackcare attitude, not provide fibre service, not able to answer some of our queries, overall, forget it

Signed with Singtel, however, earliest available date i chosen is 13 Dec 2011. :D

Do you mean Singtel is going to install the opennet fibre optic layout for your house instead of opennet personnal? They are able to? Is the charges same as opennet?

Do you mean Singtel is going to install the opennet fibre optic layout for your house instead of opennet personnal? They are able to? Is the charges same as opennet?

Actually OpenNet did call me to tell me if I want to install faster the fibre optic faster than their next available date, I can sign up with the service providers. Singtel might be able to waive the charge...if you sign up with their most expensive plan I think.

Right Nellynutt?

Actually OpenNet did call me to tell me if I want to install faster the fibre optic faster than their next available date, I can sign up with the service providers. Singtel might be able to waive the charge...if you sign up with their most expensive plan I think.

Right Nellynutt?

I think charging for the service is no choice... but waiting till 2012 is really mad.. haha.. thanks for the advice..

Right Nellynutt?

Nope i still need to pay the installation fee of 220 + another 75 (forgot what is it), however, since singtel is having 3 months free subscription (i pay monthly S$80 p/m) , it's waived 80x3 = 240 , so i need to fork out additional S$55 for the installation, better than i have to wait till March or April 2012 with the same price.

If you planning to have one, better sign early coz the installation date for Dec2011 is limited.

Dear Nelly Nutt,

How is your reno going ? Is everything fine ?

What is your overall opinion ?

Thanks,

Sara.

Nope i still need to pay the installation fee of 220 + another 75 (forgot what is it), however, since singtel is having 3 months free subscription (i pay monthly S$80 p/m) , it's waived 80x3 = 240 , so i need to fork out additional S$55 for the installation, better than i have to wait till March or April 2012 with the same price.

If you planning to have one, better sign early coz the installation date for Dec2011 is limited.

Can try emailing both Singtel and opennet to ask them to waive the $220. I'm trying my luck and still waiting for their reply. Beats not trying at all, right? ;)

I managed to get a very early slot and gotten Singtel to waive off all installation and connecting charges so I'm paying $220 at most. I must have appeared very 凶 to them haha

Dear Nelly Nutt,

How is your reno going ? Is everything fine ?

What is your overall opinion ?

Thanks,

Sara.

welll... haha nothing much to say, i only hop by once a week, so far so good,

my opinion, i too dilly dally.. my id now goes after me to finalise items like confirmation of choice of laminating, carpentry, etc

how is your reno contractor sourcing ok?

Can try emailing both Singtel and opennet to ask them to waive the $220. I'm trying my luck and still waiting for their reply. Beats not trying at all, right? ;)

I managed to get a very early slot and gotten Singtel to waive off all installation and connecting charges so I'm paying $220 at most. I must have appeared very 凶 to them haha

woah... i should try to write them email too thanks for the tips

What is your outcome, do share with me :thumbs up: