Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nellynutt

Budget Budget Reno 4Rm Resale

Hi all, it been 2 weeks.. and it's really crazy and rush for me... I moved and settled in my new resale flat today...

Rewind --- 2 weeks back

7- 8 Dec 2011 - wall Painting

10 Dec 2011 - Delivery of Toilet ware, Lighting, fridge, washer, Plumber, carpetry

carpentryhardwarelighti.jpg

11 Dec 2011 - Last minutes shopping for toilet accessories, Courts Orchard for sofa bed

12 Dec 2011 - After work, IKEA shopping

13 Dec 2011 - Laminating floor, aircon installation, Zenterra light installation <--- clashed, however, every contractors are very co-operation, one does own job

electricallaminatingair.jpg

14 Dec 2011 - repaint master bedroom partial wall due to the color i chosen made the room look dark, compressed feeling

16 Dec 2011 - Singtel - open net installation, Kitchen Solid top installation, Ikea Installation. Window cleaning by me

17 Dec 2011 - Final rush for carpentry touch up, installation of accessories - toilet, curtain rail, paint spot cleaning, Courts sofa bed, Online order master room bed delivery, Helping Hand Moving Service

18 Dec 2011 - Cleaning , post renovation - me and my auntie, uncle really crazy not enough time too much to do, but we are done, partially thank to my ID who helped to clean up every time any work had been done

I will write up a short review on each supplier, contractor on their works and services, and will post my post reno pictures

Edited by Nellynutt

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh, congratulation on moving in to your new home. One journey ends, another will start..

Do write review abt your suppliers n contractors. I am really looking toward to this part, as soon I will have a "budget, budget, budget,... Super budgeted reno". ;)

Hi Nellynutt, how is the Zenterra servicing?

Can PM me your contact?

Part 10: Electrical Rewiring

it's been a roller coaster weeks for me :bangwall: . Rewiring supposed to be 29 Nov 2011, and the story is like this....

Number 1)ID recommended; fair price (below 2.5K) asking for discount, he is very firm no discount is given, he came to my resale to see and draw plan, however, without my approval, he stripped all my wiring as if i had awarded the project to him. Since he had done the removing, so i chin chai, ask him to come up sat for discussion, when i ask for discount he say if i can get a lower quote than his, he mentioned that I can drop him,so he can move forward to do other project. sound like threatening , i do not like that.. :furious: hold him first coz i did not respond the rest

2) because of above 1, i learnt my lesson hard way, I been recommended a contractor from lobang. Met Mr Chia (located at Hougang) yesterday, i made the most stupid mistake, pay deposit due to kan cheong, and believe this fellow coz well dressed good mannered, he requested 300 deposit but i only paid him 150 on spot to secure due to good price. u have now realised, I did not have BLACK n WHITE and i pay $$$ :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

But at night, i feel uncomfortable when i re-cap my meeting with him, he did not draw layout on the wall for reference, do not know where the layout for circuit, not even bothered to take my floor plan away with him , Namecard only indicated Mr Chia no full name, lastly face changed when i told him no 300,face quickly become ok and he accepted the deposit. When i ask him thursday rewiring , he did not reply as though he is thinking of something. i asked again then he nodded.

i checked the ACRA at night and realised he did not filed tax return for his company for 2009 and 2010, between Feb, April, Aug 2011 changed company address, worst not compliances his company got red cross, definitely he got summon one , all this indiciated mean his finance is not stable , and neither his work will be good.

Immediate, i look for Number 3 contractor.

Number 3: As i got contact from wojia, i checked Zenterra online, green tick, which mean stable company. i dropped by today, met Mr Lye, price is better than my previous contractors, scheduled this thur for rewiring. Will review after this thurs.. Good luck to me.

As for my 150, Number 2 Mr Chia had the cheek to say i need to pay him 100 for transport and quotation, pls he did not draw anything or planning, as all are drawn by Number 1 :curse: . i do not know if he will bank transfer the balance to me, BUT i know i lost 150 for my laziness to look for another option.

As for number 1, to be fair, his quotation is reasonable, he is a straight and hardworking person, and i believe he is a good worker too. if you think he stripping the wires are free, nope, heard from my ID, he will sell off the wires which he had been stripped.. so i am paying after all.

Lesson learnt:-

i)Do not let my anger overrule my head, a angry person will allow the heart rule over his head,because i want to prove i can get a lower rate than his, therefore unable to detect any suspicious action

i) well dressed good manner does not mean anything

iii) Get a quotation from contractor, do not pay anything unless black and white with breakdown; this will be used to small claim if anything happen

iv)be alert and observe the contractor, action and knowledge can tell alot of stories.

v) Check company name or registration number online with ACRA, if green tick, no problem, red cross big problem, dash - mean neutral

vi) go to his company to check and observe

Finally, i learnt my lesson. 8|8|8|8|

Review Time:

Beds.sg

Budget budget, our budget option, less than S$400 however, you have to bear with their mistake and quality.

why... coz they sent me the wrong headboard, 3 diamonds stud instead of 8 ! 157 instead of 217! just received their call, postpone again till tmr... we shall see

IKEA

mostly living area furniture, and dining area, now IKEA FRIENDS member, purchased an extendable dining table @S$115 instead of S$195 = Best Deal.

But we had to fork out S$55 for delivery, + 6% assembly charge from the total price, but worth it, orelse i need to install all on my own.

The installation was fast and no frill, however, they do know how to utilise my electrical points - charging their power drills and HPs :bleah:

Mega Discount Store (Kallang)

Not a good timing , all hitachi and panasonic fridges sold out.. therefore we invested the samsung brand (RT50EBPN)(Samsung 8kg Top Load Washer WA10G9)during Samsung promotion, got two free vacuum cleaners (bagless) , offset one from the total bill, total S$1117.

Do note that mature and friendliest sale executive does not give you the best deal, why ? coz from them , we almost got one vacuum cleaner instead of two, as he passed the deal to a young man at samsung promo counter, the young man gave us a good discount, after my hubby further pressed for better rate.

Zenterra

Silent workers, they did their job well and fast, however, it will be the best if you are there during installation, as you can check and point out if there are any electrical points they had missed out.

the worker who installed my ceiling fan is very patient and soft spoken, he can tilt and fine tune till the fan was properly installed.

For payment, they gave more than 2 weeks credit period.

To get faster quotation, you can drop to their office.

Yuan Soon Hardware

Purchased a package W/C suite (1 pc/ 11inch) and hand basin (14cm L) for S$230.

However, my plumber cracked my hand basin (still uble to use), he promised to purchase and install for me free, and we are due to schedule.

Lioncity Company

EF vitro ceramic and gas burner hob

Cheapest among the supplier, cash and carry, save S$30 delivery charge

Aircon

Best time to purchase aircon as raining season alot of promo.

Panasonic system 2 inverter S$2200 inclusive installation and brackets

Not the cheapest, as i found out I can buy a similar product at S$2050/- @ Gain City

my lobang, at least he guaranteed better workmanship and we paid full sum after installation.

Lighting

Chan Huat - friendly fellow; we spent $900++ due to investment on ceiling fan w/light and remote control@living area

Zenterra - add on 3 more light points at store area, wardrobe, and bedrm passage way , free installation with every light purchase

My ID - T.A Urban Design

very patient and nice man. However, we had spotted a number of defects in the house, choked drainage, some areas did not silicon properly, and more. we reported to him and his action is prompt on defects.

Overall satisfied with his work and when we ask him for item installation, he can do them for FOC.

I shall feature my final home image soon. :P