Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Another Body Found In Bedok Reservoir On Saturday Morning (Nov 05, 2011 )

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111105-308892.html

Yet another dead body has been found in Bedok Reservoir.

RELATED STORIES

The Straits Times reported today that the police received a call at 9.15am informing them of a body in the reservoir waters.

It is believed to be that of a Chinese male.

He was pronounced dead at 9.45am by paramedics.

The incident has been classified as unnatural death by the police, who are investigating.

This makes it the sixth such incident in as many months.

Former foreign minister George Yeo said on his Facebook page that it was sad another body had been discovered there.

He had been attending a blessing of Bedok Reservoir this morning, which had been organised after the recent spate of deaths.

An online news source said the incident happened before members of the Inter-Religious Organisation, community leaders and residents gathered at a nearby floating platform for the blessing ceremony.

paullim@sph.com.sg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am sincerely wondering what the draw is for these people to go to Bedok Reservoir to commit suicide. The rate at which the number of bodies are found is really startling. :blink:

I am sincerely wondering what the draw is for these people to go to Bedok Reservoir to commit suicide. The rate at which the number of bodies are found is really startling. :blink:

1. Noticed once platform screen doors at all elevated mrt stns completed, all rush to reservoir?

When reservoir stn ready in 2017/2018, more to come leh.

I jog there 3-4 time a wk, everything as usual leh.

Edited by bepgof

1. Noticed once platform screen doors at all elevated mrt stns completed, all rush to reservoir?

When reservoir stn ready in 2017/2018, more to come leh.

I jog there 3-4 time a wk, everything as usual leh.

Even then, I don't think we had that many incidents occuring at MRT stations as compared to reservoir? Then again, I think I recall one short period where we had 3 incidents at MRT, one after another. :dunno:

Sigh... Wish these people had someone to turn to.

Hey bepgof, is there a particular spot that's very dark and ulu that people can't spot you if you get into the reservoir? I wonder how these people get into the water undetected...

Hey bepgof, is there a particular spot that's very dark and ulu that people can't spot you if you get into the reservoir? I wonder how these people get into the water undetected...

Wow lau, when night falls, everywhere also dark lah and appears to be ulu ulu. Actually, 4.2km track has no "ulu" place, all bright bright leh. Those jumped, were with not-so-right-minds.

I swam in the reservoir several times already to bring back my rc boat(propeller dropped half way) and hydro-plane (landing no gd, cornering too sharp,capsized) each time with a float with me (for safety - could go and come back in one piece, not found body floating the next day)

I "grow up" with this reservoir since it was a small pond when the PIE was under construction.

Oop, there is a smaller reservoir, next to present one, many ppls play rc boats there during wk end.

NE wind is coming, many ppls will go to the "slope" to play gliders liao. Laterly many property agents station around the whole reservoir to sell condo, with faces long long, poor chaps...

Wow lau, when night falls, everywhere also dark lah and appears to be ulu ulu.

Hahaha okay.. that one I have to agree...

Wow, this reservoir allows activities on the water? Interesting.. :good: Never been to Bedok reservoir. Think i'll pop by one day to look see look see.

Wow, this reservoir allows activities on the water? Interesting.. :good: Never been to Bedok reservoir. Think i'll pop by one day to look see look see.

Allow.

Bedok Reservoir is one of the water sport centre.

U want to try flying fox also had.

Forest adventure.

http://www.forestadventure.com.sg/

More information

http://www.nparks.go...&id=6&Itemid=73

During weekend, alot of ppl went there for dragon boating and kayaking practise.

It is so much different compare when I 1st visit 10 yrs ago.

Allow.

Bedok Reservoir is one of the water sport centre.

U want to try flying fox also had.

Forest adventure.

http://www.forestadventure.com.sg/

More information

http://www.nparks.go...&id=6&Itemid=73

During weekend, alot of ppl went there for dragon boating and kayaking practise.

It is so much different compare when I 1st visit 10 yrs ago.

WOW! :jawdrop:

Okay, I really feel like a mountain tortoise. I have this huge misconception that reservoir waters are sacred and no activities can be done on the water.

I really need to go to Bedok Reservoir this weekend :P

Thanks for the eye-opener, therat and bepgof! :good:

Edited by schiz0id