Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rosicky

Diy Plastering

I am painting my house soon, and would like to plaster some of the walls. These were original HDB walls from the 80s and is a bit rough I intend to do some wall decal and thus need them to be flat.

Anyone can advice where can I get the meterials? And if this is doable?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

You can consider using USG Joint compound (USA) or E28 Joint compound from Malaysia. They are available in 5.4kg(S$9.50/$12.50) or 28kg ($19.50/$24.50).

After plastering with a tapping knife, you can sand it with either sandpaper or an electric sander once the plaster dries . Please remember to wear a face mask and safety goggle for personnal protection.

All product are available from Power-J Trading Pte Ltd next to Aljunied MRT station(86 Lorong 25A Geylang S388263)

Dude, personal experience. For deeper uneven surface, u can use cement base easy plaster for the base coat. Why? Very difficult to get good surface finish even for the pro. For the final coat, the pro always use S11 stopping compound. Give very good finish, save u a **** of a time with this stuff. Both stuff also not expensive, around $8-$12 for 20kg pack. But u will need another pairs of hand to prepare both stuff while u work on those already prepare. S11 dry quite fast.

It's a skill you know, just like how only the prata man can make roti prata. Really not easy. I saw the two guys plastering my house last time and they do nothing but plastering only. If you ask me to do it, I think I'll end up with sore arms and stiff neck :D My medical bill might be more expensive than getting the proper guys to do it! Plus you need to use both arms otherwise dunno how long you'll end up taking to finish the job....

It's a skill you know, just like how only the prata man can make roti prata. Really not easy. I saw the two guys plastering my house last time and they do nothing but plastering only. If you ask me to do it, I think I'll end up with sore arms and stiff neck :D My medical bill might be more expensive than getting the proper guys to do it! Plus you need to use both arms otherwise dunno how long you'll end up taking to finish the job....

Yah for a small scale plastering like holes and some cracks, can be done by self. but the whole house or 1 room, call the proper guys here.

Base on my personal experience, patching is still ok to DIY. But for anything larger than A3 size paper, will have a huge challenge keeping it real flat.

if need to buy those tool etc to do a good job, than not really worth it lar.

Hi folks, hope this thread is active still.

Anyone knows how to DIY a "brick" wall for feature wall? I understand from some contractors it can be done by applying plaster & then drawing lines...of course, sounds easy but just wanna know if it's DIY-able. Otherwise, how about just plastering without making the wall even?

Thanks lots!

Thanks battle. Looks like I might have to go to sungei kadut to roam... want some texture so wallpaper is out. :)

yup, challenges is that all those places very wulu.. Unless have specific address, else very difficult to just roam around...

Hi folks, hope this thread is active still.

Anyone knows how to DIY a "brick" wall for feature wall? I understand from some contractors it can be done by applying plaster & then drawing lines...of course, sounds easy but just wanna know if it's DIY-able. Otherwise, how about just plastering without making the wall even?

Thanks lots!

You may go to tile shops like lian seng hin or hafary etc to look for craft stone..