Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dangerouslydelirious

Our Lil' Lil' Haven...

Hi people!

Upon finding my close-to-ideal unit (took nearly half a year no thanks to an over zealous hubby who's a professional in this area!), I have been stalking the many interesting tblogs here. Finally decided to start my own tblog after weeks of stalking! But do bear with me for the slow updates cos ... my key collection will only be in March 2012! Just too excited to get going with the reno so here I am! Tons of planning and researching now tho...

Theme: Modern baroque / Black white

Some of my initial ideas: pls pardon me (do let me know if u wan me to remove) if they feature ur house! For the life of me, I can't recall where I got these pics from exactly. All screen captured along the way...

photo-2.jpg

First off, the boring floor plan!

photo-1.jpg

The kitchen is tiny compared to my current place's, need some help here ya?

I am thinking of having a booth dining area (sort of) in the kitchen, any suggestions for layout? Quite determined to squeeze the dining area into the kitchen but so small!

Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Current state of the flat

Not gonna post too many clear pics out of respect for the owners

photo.png

We are just gg to keep the granite flooring. Would haf preferred white tiles but oh wells, husband loves granite.

Anyone uses granite flooring at home? How does it fit in with ur decor?

congrats and welcome neighbour!

when i first saw my unit, it looked pretty small as well, we were not used to it as we were previously staying in a spacious 5 room

but later we realised that it is because the owner had many bulky furniture that is giving the 'squashed up' impression.

anyway, after our reno, there is a big difference

u just need your ID to do a bit of smart planning and designing and choose suitable furniture

Thanks for the welcome! Can't wait for the Reno to start... Actually if I am able to fit the dining area into the kitchen, worried that the living room might be a bit sparse, need something along the window area.. hope the IDs can throw up some ideas!

actually ur kitchen very big liao if compared to the new 4 rooms! :sport-smiley-004:

and yes, your hubby is really pro. the layout is **** nice.

as for quote...can have bigger picture?

Finally some photos to share! Forummers love pics right? Reno will start next month :)

First drafts, pretty cookie-cutter designs but quite pleased with the overall layout, colour scheme to be improved on though :)

livingroomanddining.jpg

IMG]http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa374/Dangerouslydelirious/kitchen.jpg

babyroom.jpg

shoecabinet.jpg

By the way, anyone knows if there are limited views for 3Ds? Cos I didn't seem to get my bathrooms' 3Ds...

Edited by dangerouslydelirious

Nice Kitchen, with wide glass door/wall. Make the entire place looks more spacious.

Seriously, your kitchen is much better than my Seng Kang Kitchen, really cramp.

All the best in your reno.

Nice Kitchen, with wide glass door/wall. Make the entire place looks more spacious.

Seriously, your kitchen is much better than my Seng Kang Kitchen, really cramp.

All the best in your reno.

Thanks! But worried abt the safety and maintenence issue.. Ohwells! Just love this spacious airy feel! Oh, I tot mine was small-ish compared to my old kitchen (old flat).. 3D tends to exaggerate the space but hope can achieve the spacious effect!

Thanks! But worried abt the safety and maintenence issue.. Ohwells! Just love this spacious airy feel! Oh, I tot mine was small-ish compared to my old kitchen (old flat).. 3D tends to exaggerate the space but hope can achieve the spacious effect!

As long as using tempered glass, should be safe. Over time, you can customize stickers that compliment your overall design to past on the glass, it serve 2 purpose, design + safety (won't accidentally bang onto it when it is very very clean, my kids kanna at my Brother house).

And these sticker can be easily remove without staining the glass (when using 3M sticker, like those that people stick on their car.)